Carsplotation

What are the best carsplotation films in general, and those that specifically influenced Death Proof…So far, the most obvious would be vanishing point and dirty marry crazy larry, then there’s gone in 60 seconds, white line fever, and convoy…any others, i heard bullitt with steve mcqueen probably did

I like the car and duel alot

ya duel was amazing, i saw it on encore on demand a year or two ago…personally, its one of my favorite speilberg movies

duel is really good its one of the only speilburg movies i like. and vanishing point is good too. Dirty mary crazy larry but i never seen it yet.

Hmmm, I have to think about this one. I like Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, the ending is cool. Maybe add Smokey and the Bandit and for sure Bullit. The Duel is as great as a TV movie can get. White Ligtning fits in there too as well as The Road Warrior.

mad max?

OOoo shet how could i have forgot death race 2000

gone in 60 seconds 1974.

The Driver rocks…

Bullitt and Vanishing Point aren’t really carsploitaiton, those were big studio films.

As far as carploitation goes Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry would probably be my favorite.

Anyone else hate the term “carploitation”? It sounds so retarded. I fail to see how one can exploit a car. IE - To make use of selfishly or unethically. Does the car feel bad about the movie once its over?

Edit: LOL, it seems out of all the internet, this is the only place the term Carsplotation can be found. No wonder I thought it sounded retarded.

[quote=“me”]
As far as carploitation goes Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry would probably be my favorite.
[/quote]

Yeah me too, although I haven’t seen too many.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
Anyone else hate the term “carploitation”? It sounds so retarded. I fail to see how one can exploit a car. IE - To make use of selfishly or unethically. Does the car feel bad about the movie once its over?
[/quote]

ahahaha right. car chasing movie is better. used cars is great, somewhat it is difficult to talk about great car chases without mentionning the blues brothers

Are Mad Max 1 & 2 considered carsploitation? If yes, those are my two favorites without any doubt.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Are Mad Max 1 & 2 considered carsploitation? If yes, those are my two favorites without any doubt.
[/quote]
The Road Warrior could be a combination of freaxploitation, carsploitation, aussieploitation, and science fiction to some degree. I Love those films.

it is also a little bit of a “rape-and-revenge-xploitation” 8)

It’s kind of a gaysploitation too. Look at the (lack of) clothes the villains wore, the dude with the red hair especially with his butt cheeks in full display.

you guys might want to stop making up fake subgenres.

I mean what’s next?

Guy with weapon attached to his body - sploitation

Gary Busey-facespolitation

Adolf Hitler stock footage-sploitation

??

Cuming-in-a-sock-sploitation

Chickswithdickssploitation

Cocksploitation

Vaginasploitation

Smileysploitation >:( :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D :frowning: