Did You Notice

- that the opening credits in Planet Terror used the same font and color as the Pulp Fiction font?

• that during that same opening title sequence, that Elizabeth Avellan’s credit appears over a close up of Rose with tears streaming down her face, perhaps Robert’s subtle way of saying “I’m sorry” or “Fuck you.”

• that the last time we see Zoe on the hood of the car before it drives off screen where she supposedly flies off, looks like a dummy dressed up as Zoe? This is where both cars are coming at us and Stuntman Mike veers off left and Zoe, Abbie and Kim veer off right. Zoe appears motionless on the hood of the car, facing down and not moving at all, before it goes off screen.

Hopefully in this thread, we can point out the cool little Easter eggs in Grindhouse that may have not been that obvious at first.

Mike is in the dinner where Zoe, Kim, Lee and Abernathy are having lunch.

He’s sitting in the counter behind them.

- That in the bar Stuntman Mike says hes a teetolater to Pam (someone that doesnt drink) and at the end of the film we see he has a bottle of Four Roses bourbon in his glove compartment.

• Arlene says she has to pee at the very beginning of Death Proof when alot of people in the audience probably had to pee themselves.

• The Alamo Drafthouse when Shanna, Jungle Julia and Arlene are driving in Austin.

• Warren (QT) drinks and slams his shot glass on the table two or three times like Seth Gecko does in From Dusk Til Dawn.

-Another fictional brand of cereal (ala “Kaboom”) What was it called? “Great Whites”?

-The intentional continuity error of Mike’s virgin drink and where his hands are placed while he’s talking to Pam at the bar. I remember QT and his editor, Sally, talking about this.

[quote=“Sylvia”]
Mike is in the dinner where Zoe, Kim, Lee and Abernathy are having lunch.

He’s sitting in the counter behind them.
[/quote]

I bet a lot of people didn’t notice that.

And have you noticed what’s written on Dakota’s block notes?

KILL BILL!

;D ;D ;D

[quote=“Sylvia”]

KILL BILL!

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I keep on hearing that, but I didn’t see it, damnit! >:(

Oh and did you notice how gigantic Tom Savini’s fingers were? lol, Was it me? Or did that wedding ring look HUGE?

[quote=“Laydback”]

-The intentional continuity error of Mike’s virgin drink and where his hands are placed while he’s talking to Pam at the bar. I remember QT and his editor, Sally, talking about this.
[/quote]

Totally. I noticed it the first time and thought it was awesome, considering how close that intentional continuity error is flirting with looking like an accidental one. Lots of modern films actually make this mistake without having any intention to do so.

Where did you read about Quentin and Sally talking about it?

[quote=“Sylvia”]

KILL BILL!

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I didn’t notice that but seeing it for the 4th time last night (the last time it ever played at Mann’s Chinese theater), I did finally get that Dr. Block’s first name was Bill.

Poor Dakota, her Mother, Husband and Son (played by Rebel Rodriguez) all die in the same day.

[quote=“Laydback”]
-Another fictional brand of cereal (ala “Kaboom”) What was it called? “Great Whites”?

[/quote]

Great White Bites!

[quote=“PopeyePete”]

• Arlene says she has to pee at the very beginning of Death Proof when alot of people in the audience probably had to pee themselves.
    [/quote]

Nice!

That’s hilarious. Like if you seriously got to go pee at that point and see someone running so frantically to go do the same, that scene’s gotta be squeezing your bladder just a little bit more. Wouldn’t be surprised if Quentin cut in a subliminal 2 frame shot of Niagra Falls half an hour later.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]

• Warren (QT) drinks and slams his shot glass on the table two or three times like Seth Gecko does in From Dusk Til Dawn.
    [/quote]

Haha - Dude, I was thinking FDTD the entire scene! :slight_smile:

The Rapist reminds me a lot of Richie Gecko when he asked Cherry if she likes Ava Gardner

- Carlos Gallardo (El Mariachi) plays Sheriff’s Hogue deputy, Carlos. I like the idea that El Mariachi and El Wray are in the same film.

[quote=“Sylvia”]
The Rapist reminds me a lot of Richie Gecko when he asked Cherry if she likes Ava Gardner
[/quote]

What’s the deal with that scene? From all the press, it sounds like someone was actually cast in that part but didn’t show up for the read through (big no no), so then Robert had Quentin read for it and that’s how he got the part. Now, that’s cool and all, but the Ava Gardner monologue seems so exclusively Quentin that I can’t imagine any other actor having been cast and playing that part. Is it possible that Quentin added the Ava Gardner stuff after he got the part? Btw, the guy’s name is Lewis.

The Ava Gardner stuff was written by Rodriguez before QT was cast.

[quote=“Scarface”]
The Ava Gardner stuff was written by Rodriguez before QT was cast.
[/quote]

Weird! Well, he did a good job of imitating Quentin. No wonder Quentin go the role. Btw, where did you find that out, that RR wrote the speech?

Did you notice that when we Stuntman Mike in his car the 2nd time, the first time Butterfly sees him before going into Guerro’s, if you look to the background, all the way on the left side of frame, you’ll see a large group of onlookers being herded like sheep. The camera’s slowly trucking right with the car so they eventually go out of frame but I thought that was an interesting flub, onlookers actually in the frame. Now, you might not agree that they’re onlookers but they sure do look like it, like it would not make sense that such a densly packed group of people are at the corner and the rest of the street is deserted. The next time you see it, you’ll know what I mean.

It’s when Butterfly first sees Stuntman Mike in his car, from the side. However it’s our 2nd time seeing him, or atleast his car. It’s outside and during the day.

- the picture of a younger Michael Parks on a motorcycle with a woman? Probably a still from one of his older films. This was in the scene when he was feeding his sick wife right before she turned into a sicko. He puts the bowl down by the bedside next to the B&W picture. Does anyone know what movie this was from?

• the blood and hair on the head of the axe when McGraw opens the door to find his daughter on the steps, with her son. That was hilarious, there’s blood on the walls in the background, blood and hair on the axe, McGraw must’ve just killed his wife, Evil Dead style, he opens up the door, sees Dakota and screams “I thought I told you to never come here again!” Before she says “Daddy” and he lets her in.

That pic of Parks was from his TV show Then Came Bronson. Its about a dude who travels around on a Motorcycle.

- Christian Simonson’s phone # in Jungle Julia’s cell? It goes by very quickly but the 2nd time I saw it, I quickly memorized it and put it in my phone. It’s (512) 431-2164. I’m pretty sure. I could be off but I think that’s correct. 512 is the area code for Austin and my props go out to Quentin for going with a real phone number and not just another 555 number. I can’t tell you how sick I am of 555 phone numbers. They’re too jarring. I’d rather have a five digit alpha numeric phone number show up in a movie than a 555 number, it would be less jarring and something new. Anyway, so I called this fake number and it says it’s not a working number. I wonder if the film bought and paid for the number so no one else can take it. How much would that be?

Down with the 555.

The Opening Credits Of Death Proof are in the EXACT same font and color as That 70’s Show.