Anybody compared Death Proof to Christine?

I know its obvious. I just wonder what people think about that comparison.

I don’t know… but Christine is a car that kills by herself, while in Death Proof it’s the killer that uses a car to kill people.

Yeah, instead of being haunted by the ghost of a young girl, the one in Death Proof is haunted by an alive Mickey Rourke.

Does anybody know that Keith Gordon (a.k.a. “Cuntingham”) is a film and television director himself? Quite an interesting article about him here http://www.godsrudewireless.co.uk/oldsite/oldindex.htm along with why ‘Gremlins 2: The New Batch’ is a superior sequel to ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’. Note it is a pdf file so it is best printing it off on both sides of the paper and then folding it in half to make a makeshift magazine. Just click on 2003, click on November and then scroll down to printfile.

[quote=“Vince_Vega”]
I don’t know… but Christine is a car that kills by herself, while in Death Proof it’s the killer that uses a car to kill people.
[/quote]

i know. it was just the car killing people part that i connected.

The car wasn’t killing by itself. At the end of the movie Arnie is revealed behind the wheel

Urm, the car did kill people by itself. Just look at the factory worker at the beginning and the garage owner for proof.

But along the way, Christine and Arnie began working together and I thought it would be pretty obvious that he and Christine both murdered one of the bullys

Christine killed on its own and by the end of the film, Arnie was so connected to the her, he just “sat in” for the kills.

Death Proof of course is probably inspired by the actual car killing people aspect, but its not a supernatural posession story, theres someone behind the wheel.

Christine. What about Crash? The Cronenberg one from 96? Didn’t they have some kind of car crash fetish? Like Stuntman Mike?

[quote=“Stuntman Mike B”]
Christine. What about Crash? The Cronenberg one from 96? Didn’t they have some kind of car crash fetish? Like Stuntman Mike?[/quote]

Crash was connected to Death Proof when we first heard about it actually.

[quote=“Vince Vega”]
[/quote]but the car is in planet terror i,sn’t it ?