Grind House companion book

Found on http://www.troublemakerpublishing.com (website does no longer exist)

“COMING SUMMER 2006…”
GRIND HOUSE: THE SLEAZE-FILLED SAGA OF AN EXPLOITATION DOUBLE FEATURE

by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez

This 250 page hardcover companion book to GRIND HOUSE offers fans an insider’s look into the making of the hotly anticipated double feature by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. Filled with cast and crew interviews, hundreds of full-color photographs, never-before-seen conceptual art and an in-depth history of the grindhouse genre by the directors themselves, GRIND HOUSE: THE SLEAZE FILLED SAGA OF AN EXPLOITATION DOUBLE FEATURE is the essential fan’s guide to the two-fisted bloodbath of the year."

that sounds like a book I will have to buy

definitly wanna own that! rodriguez is just so cool for his fans! all these cool extra’s on his dvds PLUS books!!

rock on RR! 8)

:o What a great book ! I can’t wait to see more about it.

YES! Fuckin’ Perfect!

Definitely gonna pick it up when it hits the stands.

I wonder if the book’s cover is anyhow related to possible promo artwork for the film

I hope this will actually be published. Anybody remember the rumors of the Kill Bill novel? There was a time where you could even pre-order it on Amazon. And it never came to be.

250? I’m all over that sucka!

Fuck yeah this is great. I wish he’d have released similar stuff for his other films. I’d love to have seen one for Kill Bill.

o man i need this bad, where can i get it at?

I can’t believe you are all raking together all the info you find about the project, all the interviews, the rumors, the possible actors and everything. It’s just surprising. Grindhouse section of the forum is extremely tempting, but I try to stay off of it, just because it’s a proven fact - the less you know about a movie, the more it stuns you when you first watch it. I want it to happen with Grindhouse. I want to FORGET that I know about the fake trailers. I don’t want to know the titles of the parts. I WON’T watch it’s trailer. I’ll see it for the first time - pure, unspoiled, stunning as it will be and enjoy it to the fullest.

This happened with Barry Lyndon, I had just seen the DVD case, the explanation was in some language I don’t know, so I just put it in and pressed play.

BAM! Duel. PERFECT love scene. Emotions up. Interest overwhelming. Great dialogues, that film has outstanding charisma, beats Clockwork, beats his entire collection. This was a great surprise, I expected some slow movie about old times and got this incredible epic, excellent movie, and once you get high watching a film you don’t go back until it’s finished. Three hours of magnificence.

The same for many films I love. If you read that book you’ll just wait the parts written about to appear in the movie and so on. Since it comes out in Summer (which is before the film, isn’t it?) it’s before the film is shown, why are they doing this?

/God bless me, may I not be mistaken in the fact that the book’s in stores before the movie, or else I deserve to be tortured for this./

I won’t read this book before seeing the movie. Because I agree, there would be no surprise at all if I know everything before the movie. But for the other info, it’s kinda exciting to know a few details about the movie. I think it won’t disappoint me, because when I watch the movie for the 1st time, it’s like I’ve forgot all the stuff around the movie.

[quote=“Bleach”]
I can’t believe you are all raking together all the info you find about the project, all the interviews, the rumors, the possible actors and everything. It’s just surprising. Grindhouse section of the forum is extremely tempting, but I try to stay off of it, just because it’s a proven fact - the less you know about a movie, the more it stuns you when you first watch it. I want it to happen with Grindhouse. I want to FORGET that I know about the fake trailers. I don’t want to know the titles of the parts. I WON’T watch it’s trailer. I’ll see it for the first time - pure, unspoiled, stunning as it will be and enjoy it to the fullest.
[/quote]

well, dive into the Kill Bill forum archive section, you’d be surprised how early the buzz can start. now Grind House is filming and he havent even read the screenplay but there’s lots of buzz.

with Kill Bill, we had a script online before the filming started

I’ve got a different approach towards a movie I eagerly anticipate than Bleach. For me, all the hype surrounding a project I desperately wanna see before the movie comes out is almost as exciting as the film itself. All the pictures leaking online, the release of the teaser and theatrical trailers, the casting of actors…it all builds up my excitement to huge proportions especially if it’s a QT movie. The anticipation is an experience in itself, trust me.

yeah I mean if you read a headline that sais “plot revealed” you can always chose not to read it :wink:

I’m not buying the book until I see the film. If I bought it, It would be like when I read the Kill Bill script that got leaked online by some crazy mofo…8)

Is there any word on when the book will be out?

October 28, 2006.

You can pre-order it here:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193310 … e&n=283155”>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1933104112/qid=1146191573/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-8994549-9596904?s=books&v=glance&n=283155</LINK_TEXT>

I hope that you’ll be able to buy it from some other place than Amazon… I had to pay so much customs on the dvds i bought from there…

The book looks awesome, tho, i want it so bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’ll definitely be getting this. It’s cheaper than I expected too.