Ijust dont see it

I really dont think any of his movies should be in ‘FLOP’ Lists…

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reu … de-reuters”>http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/top-10-movie-flops-decade-reuters</LINK_TEXT>

If all was right with the world, it wouldn’t have been a box office flop. I still attest that Grindhouse was marketed poorly. If there had been 1/4 the effort put into promoting it as is put into any random Michael Bay film, it would have pulled in at least 3 times as much as it did. Fucking sucks, but what can ya do?

I think teir trailers were greatm if you look at a lot of older Grindhouse movies, their trailers were the same.

I think it had a lot to do with marketing too. Some people liked one movie, but didn’t like the other. Thought Death Proof was too slow, etc. I didn’t see a problem with any of the movie. But, not everyone LOVES movies the way we do.

Reading that I went and saw the trailer. I don’t know how anyone sees that and doesn’t have their interest peeked. I do think they spent too much money on what they overestimated the wide appeal of. It seems like a lot of mistakes were made.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]Reading that I went and saw the trailer. I don’t know how anyone sees that and doesn’t have their interest peeked. I do think they spent too much money on what they overestimated the wide appeal of. It seems like a lot of mistakes were made.[/quote]

My point was, it wasn’t advertised like it should have been. It wasn’t even marketed as much as a mediocre film.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]Reading that I went and saw the trailer. I don’t know how anyone sees that and doesn’t have their interest peeked. I do think they spent too much money on what they overestimated the wide appeal of. It seems like a lot of mistakes were made.[/quote]

My point was, it wasn’t advertised like it should have been. It wasn’t even marketed as much as a mediocre film.[/quote]

I don’t remember trailers for it that much, but do remember a FX channel thing about Grindhouse and QT and cast was on the Jay Leno show at times. I just remember seeing the trailer on like FX, TNT, and TBS channels.

Also there was clothing, keychains, toys, etc.

I think it just didn’t catch buzz and it didn’t help that it opened on Easter weekend, where most people would not go see a movie with their family like this one (though I did. ;D)

^ You’re right. However, I don’t remember seeing a trailer on TV at all… I saw it online a lot, but TV, no. The DVD sales for DP and PT both kicked ass though. They sold out at my Wal-Mart the day each came out, which gives weight to my theory about poor marketing prior to the theatrical release.

Does anyone know if the movies broken even or how much it’s made by now?

Speaking of box office it makes me so happy to see IB do as well as it did. I feel like we invest so much in these movies and it’s nice to have the world accept them as much as you have. I feel so geeky right now ;D

I know what you mean, Ordell. I also got so stupid happy when I heard the good reviews for IB on the local radio. I get the same way for any movie Nick Frost is in.

I agree that if it have been marketed better, it would have gotten three or many times over better results. In any movie or any kind of product for that matter, marketing is everything. Or it could also just be better timing. Either way, Planet Terror will always be on the top of my favorite zombie genre film.

It was lack of advertising for these movies, I didn’t even know they existed until they were on HBO.

I just agree with the above comment. It seems the movie poorly marketed. It was a wonderful movie if only they’d promote it right. :wink: