Drawing inspiration from Death Proof

A friend in another forum gave me the idea to do one of the rooms in my house based on the Death Proof apartment the girls were staying in. I loved that vintage orange look and decided to take a stab at it.

By the way, these were taken a little passed mid-day do the light isn’t coming through the windows like it would at about 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.

This is also going to be my studio room where I produce my music and my films. I also want to make it a cool like “movie watching” area.

I love that color. It really turned out great… Very warm

Oh wow, that is a very cool color. Really works with the light. Your right nublob, it is very warm.

Dutch Masta how’d you get that look, if you don’t mind me asking. They’re are a few rooms in my house I wouldn’t mind doing like that.

How does it look around the time of sunset? Mind posting a pic.

Wow, this really sparked my fucking imagination.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Oh wow, that is a very cool color. Really works with the light. Your right nublob, it is very warm.

Dutch Masta how’d you get that look, if you don’t mind me asking. They’re are a few rooms in my house I wouldn’t mind doing like that.

How does it look around the time of sunset? Mind posting a pic.

Wow, this really sparked my fucking imagination.
[/quote]

Yeah, no problem.

I know there’s people not from the US but I’m assuming you are.

The first thing I did was decide on a couple of colors I wanted for the room. I knew I didn’t want someting too dark, or in the green/blue arena. The dark color would work if it was just a movie watching room, but I wanted the room to inspire and make me feel creative. Warmer and more fiery colors can get you excited and make you feel creative for sure. I was thnk red for a while until I saw the pic that he posted.

Then the next thing I did was I went to Home Depot down the road with a print out of the picture. Home Depot uses mostly Behr and Ralph Lauren paints but I stuck with Behr because the orange selection in RL was shite.

The ceiling is a flat Orange Melon. The walls I used a primer and base coat of Vintage Orange. It’s a LITTLE BIT more of an orange color than in the picture but that’s how I wanted it. The final coat was a Vinatge Orange Satin.

The window is actually facing east so that means that around 10am to 12pm is when it looks most like the Death Proof picture. There is no window on the west wall so sunset doesn’t really compliment the room very much. But that’s how I wanted it.

I got some plans for other parts of the house too. I want to use a color sceheme I got from some of my favorite album covers. Maybe even use the “Pulp Fiction” colors in the kitchen. Pulp Kitchen? I like that

Yeah I am in the US.

Cool man thanks a lot. I was going to go out anyway and grab a bite, I think I’ll hit Home Depot or Lowes and check out some paints afterward. Shit I got all my juices pumping now at the thought of writing and playing records in my Death Proof room.

I think of all the color palletes in all his films Death Proof’s is my favorite, nublob said it best, so fucking warm feeling. You just wanna fucking live in Julia’s house then head to Gueros for some margarities, sans an encounter with Kurt Russell of course.