Roger Ebert finally reviewed GRINDHOUSE

The Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino double feature

Re: Roger Ebert finally reviewed GRINDHOUSE

Postby Scarface » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Biohazard wrote:Can you beleive they gave the Dawn Of The Dead remake 3 fucking stars, that shit isin't right! Just because Zach Snyder made zombies run fast (the most retarded thing ever) it dosen't make it better than the original which was also given 3 stars by Roger Ebert.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... 40301/1023
Scarface
Fucking Professional

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Bio: I actually enjoyed the Dawn remake. I guess Im not a purist in the way you are. Id like to see Diary of the Dead to see what George came up with for the new story.

A snow zombie movie would be pretty cool. I already have a sequence in mind Id love to see: Zombies getting killed by snowmobilers and skiiers with machetes and shot guns.

A Zombie western is def needed too. Imagine a Sam Peckinpah Wild Bunch type zombie killing sequence?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Fucking Professional

Postby Lucio Fulci » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Don't know. They all seem to be the same. Resident Evil was ok but I can't remember anything special about other zombie films. I'm more into vampire stuff

They all seem the same...I see what you mean, it's the whole survival horror thing that has been played so many times. I don't think that will ever change, unless they do a 30s-40s type of zombie flick with the whol voodoo theme. But I really haven't seen a character based zombie flick. Romero always uses ensembles and every other lead character in every other zombie flick is caught up with the action, one-dimensional and unrealistic. it's all in the character - that's why Kill Bill works so efficiently.
Lucio Fulci

Postby Lucio Fulci » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:54 pm

Zombie western is def needed too. Imagine a Sam Peckinpah Wild Bunch type zombie killing sequence?

Resident Evil: Extinction was set in the Nevada desert, so it's been played out already. There's this legendary sequence in this movie where a bunch of infected crows attack the caravan of survivors, if you haven't seen it you should check it out, this sequence alone is worth watching Extinction.
Last edited by Lucio Fulci on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucio Fulci

Postby Dstryed_Btch » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:50 am

William Cutting wrote:
He gives it two and a half star. What's interesting: I've never thought of the DEATH PROOF girls as lesbians. Ebert is a grumpy old man, and very ill. So eventually I liked his review.

Who cares about that fat fuckin' toad anyway?!!! Even his hand doesn't give him any play, anymore.
Dstryed_Btch

Postby Sebastian » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:15 pm

rest in piece roger ebert
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Previous

Return to Grindhouse (Death Proof & Planet Terror)