Splatter FX

to be honest: I hate the FX from FDTD. I just don’t like that green slime and all that.

Why didn’t they say “fuck the MPAA, we make the blood red, and burn those fucking vampires”? it’s just so childish and unrealistic. All that green stuff squirting around.

What do you think?

I absolutely love FDTD, but i don’t like the FX. Okay, it’s an old movie, and now the morphing FX look a little old-fashioned but in general…

it was even worse in FDTD 3: stupid snakes and stuff coming out of the vampires and stuff… what idiot had that idea?

Fuck the sequels. Fuck them up the ass with a big rubber dick.

On the other hand, the fx are fucking great. KNB, vets of Evil Dead 2, did some of my all time fave horror effects and makeup in that flick.

I didnt even bother watching the sequels…they look pathetic.

As for the f/x - i had no problem with them in FDTD.

Except i did have a problem with the vampires. I dont like vampire movies.

J.W.

The sequels were not written by QT and not directed by RR, so who gives a fuck anyway.

I fucking loooooooooove FDTD, but I am not defensive about it, because it is designed primarily for fans of the genre. The FX are not old, they are done that way intentionally, KNB are famous in the field of B movie zombie/vampire flicks.

“Alright ramblers, let’s get ramblin’.”

In this genre of movies I prefer the classic FX and not the fucking CGI.

¿What are your favourites vampires or zombie movies?

My favourite is BRAINDEAD directed by Peter Jackson

There are more like FDTD, Interview wit the vampire or George A. Romero movies but I don´t remenber the exact titles. :-/

Some of my favorite zombie and vampire movies:

Night of the Living Dead (original)

Dawn of the Dead

Evil Dead 1 and 2

Zombie

The Beyond

Horror of Dracula

Taste the Blood of Dracula

Fearless Vampire Killers

Count Yorga Vampire

Planet of the Vampires

Interview with the Vampire

Lost Boys

Dracula (Gary Oldman)

Evil Dead 2 is my all time fave…QT and RR intentionally tried to shy away from using CG too much in the flick IE the dog zombie vampire thing.

Mine favorite zombie/vampire movies:

Dawn of the Dead

From Dusk Till Dawn

Fright Night

Night Of The Living Dead

Zombie

Dracula:Prince Of Darkness

Dead/Alive

From Dusk Till Dawn 2

The Lost Boys

Return Of The Living Dead

Evil Dead II

[quote]to be honest: I hate the FX from FDTD. I just don’t like that green slime and all that.

Why didn’t they say “fuck the MPAA, we make the blood red, and burn those fucking vampires”? it’s just so childish and unrealistic. All that green stuff squirting around.

What do you think?

I absolutely love FDTD, but i don’t like the FX. Okay, it’s an old movie, and now the morphing FX look a little old-fashioned but in general…

it was even worse in FDTD 3: stupid snakes and stuff coming out of the vampires and stuff… what idiot had that idea?[/quote]
You know tom savini created the effects in fdtd, he’s the legendary special effects man from george romero’s films. he’s acting in fdtd, he’s the guy with the pistol as his dick and balls! lol

[quote]
he’s the guy with the pistol as his dick and balls! lol[/quote]

His name is SEX MACHINE!!

i always thought the green blood looked like some sort of candy or something. Makes me hungry for Vampires. :o

QT and realistic? wtf, nothing is really realistic in his movies…

It’s all about having fun watching a great movie…the point of fdtd is having the mayor turnaround in genre…thats what makes it a fucking cool and special movie, it doesnt matter if the FX aren’t great, their not bad…but thats not the point: its a fucking cool movie…whats realistic about vampires anyway?

A lot of you guys keep bashing FDTD because of the vamps…wtf? its great…just have fun watching the movie…you can point out a lot of unrealistic shit in all of his movies…in fdtd its obvious, but it doesnt make it a less realistic movie… in QT’s “movieworld” everything goes…

Reminds me of Evil Dead 2 how they used red blood for the stupid shit and black, green, yellow, pink, (Dark) purple and blue blood for everything else. Its a rainbow colored goblet of blood!

I like the FX in From Dusk Till Dawn. Hey man, these are vampires, red blood would be boring! This green slime makes the movie more funny and and I simply love the scene when Seth Gecko spears the vampire and this spray of slime gets out of it :smiley: . There’s so much blood and gore in this movie, and don’t want to have this old and boring red blood, cause these are vampires, just like zombies, aliens, mutants and all those stuff.

[quote]In this genre of movies I prefer the classic FX and not the fucking CGI.

¿What are your favourites vampires or zombie movies?

My favourite is BRAINDEAD directed by Peter Jackson

There are more like FDTD, Interview wit the vampire or George A. Romero movies but I don´t remenber the exact titles. :-/

[/quote]

it depends on the genre. like if I’m watching Lord of the Rings, I don’t wanna see fuckin’ green goo and an army that is so obviously models, but if I’m watchin’ Night of the Living Dead or something, I want cheesiness galore.

[quote]
You know tom savini created the effects in fdtd, he’s the legendary special effects man from george romero’s films. he’s acting in fdtd, he’s the guy with the pistol as his dick and balls! lol[/quote]
Savini didnt do ANY EFX in FDTD, they were ALL done by KNB.

Savini is in alot of movies, such as the Dawn of the Dead remake. he also directed the 1991 remake of Night of the Living Dead, which was pretty good too.