FDTD

... as well as Full Tilt Boogie, the music and more. Let's kill some vampires!
Mr-White

Re: FDTD

Post by Mr-White » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:57 pm

i was kinda expecting more from that film. i thought the beginning was really cool. i loved QT's dialogue. when i saw the movie, no one told me what it was about, (and the title didn't tell me much either) and by the second half of the movie, i was laughing at everything! like the horrible fx  and the vampires. it was all too much.

ezekiel_25-17

Post by ezekiel_25-17 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:33 am

no dude, I think THAT is not the problem.
The gangster turns into vampire movie is great.

what bothers ME, is the way they showed vampires. The horrible FX and the overly-used morphing and the more zombie than vampire makeup..... and the  FUCKING GREEN BLOOD! Would be much cooler to show Vampires more vampire-esque, kinda like in Blade or something.
yeah, i guess you're right. it's just that it started off so well, then the vampires really changed the film's direction. they SHOULD have been different. the vamps reminded me too much of the evil, morphing aliens from the fifth element.

another thing i would have changed was richie (QT's character). i thought the relationship between the two brothers was hilarious, and it was one of the movie's stronger points. then he dies in the middle of it. i thought richie could've used a bit more character development, and could've died closer to the end of the movie. this way, the film would focus a little more on the conflict between the two bros.

Brown-Dog

Post by Brown-Dog » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:19 pm

i really love that damn movie!!! my only question about it is, why are there 2 different types of richie as a vampire??? there's one with the very ugly face and then there's the one with actually no difference to richie's normal face, except for his teeth! so . . . why is that? ??? it cant be a mistake because it's too obvious...

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:01 pm

no, dude.
the "slightly normal" face is when he fights against it or tries to pretend normal, and the ugly face is when he totally lets go that vampire thing.

it's like when being drunk: you can surpress it and look slightly normal, or you can totally let go and everybody will notice it

Brown-Dog

Post by Brown-Dog » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:59 pm

ok, thanx! that's interesting...
but, how do you know?

Cherry_Licker

Post by Cherry_Licker » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:18 am

Umm....

I always saw it as CLooney wants to kill the Vampire (ugly) but he is seeing the REAL Ritchie (normal only with fangs and red eyes)

Kinda like in movies where a bad character changes he/she's appearance to try and get the character to remember, "Oh! He's my brother! I can't kill him!" "Or, she's my wife! I love her!"

In Evil Dead a similar thing happens...where a Zombified chick locked up tries to get her boyfriend or something to unlock, so her appearance changes from ugly to beautifull.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:13 pm

I was just watching FDTD with the Rodriguez and Tarantino commentary (from where I last left it) and it's great to hear the two of them, they get on so well and are so funny. One particular quote which I found so fuckin' amusing was... infact I'm gonna write the whole bit and not just that particular quote:

Tarantino - "I'm telling you 100%, as prowd as I've been on anything I've ever done, allright, and as prowd as anything I'll ever do is like the way we kill the people in this movie. And I gotta tell ya, allright, the fact that we killed... the fact that the father bites the kid in the neck, allright, that is like, that took more balls than Steven Spielberg to make Schindler's List, allright.

QT than gets really hysterical and continues, "Just Look at this"
Robert Rodriguez - "That kid is getting munched"
QT - "They aren't even trying to suck his blood, they're eating him alive. they're eating the child actor alive. You don't see that everyday in the movies, allright. That doesn't happen in Camp Nowhere, that doesn't happen in The Cable Guy. They don't eat the child alive in Twister, allright." Then he gets even more hysterical and continues "In Jaws they don't even eat children ok"
RR-"That's so funny, he didn't even get killed he got munched"
QT-"He got it worse than any of them, (puts on innocent girly voice) Please Kate... kill me, they're eating me alive"

All the while Rodriguez is like laughing his ass off. This certain part was just so fuckin hilarious, it was great to hear that. Quentin comes up with the most brilliant fuckin shit.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

silentsean

Post by silentsean » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:47 am

QT does say "alright" alot doesnt he.

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:14 am

like 20 times in one sentence

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:17 am

my dvd doesnt have commentary on it, fuck that

type it all out

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:42 pm

my dvd doesnt have commentary on it, fuck that

type it all out
what? what shit dvd did you buy? get over to malls.tarantino.info and get the real thang

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:34 pm

i bought a 'tarantino collection box' a while ago for €25, it had pulp fiction, jackie brown and from dusk till dawn in it

just no extras what so ever

:(

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:49 am

Johny_Exhale2 wrote: i bought a 'tarantino collection box' a while ago for €25, it had pulp fiction, jackie brown and from dusk till dawn in it

just no extras what so ever

:(
Which collection box was it?
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

Mortarion

Post by Mortarion » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:32 pm

I had no idea what the film was about when i first watched it, and it blew me away! George Clooney's first appearence gave me a huge shock, I love the film comepletely up until they start vamping-out, at which point i think the film is okay. The motel is one of my favourite pieces of dialogue ever [yes that's right, from beginning to end], not as good as QT has written before, but still damn good. The vampires didn't ruin the film IMO, but just 'lowered the quality' a bit [although i laughed at the final pullback, which revealed that the bar was really an Aztec temple].

MissMia

Post by MissMia » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:46 pm

It was on BBC2 last night and I sat and watched it for the first time in ages. I had forgotten how bloody good it is. It is brilliant and so funny.

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:59 pm

yeah i watched it again too, its been a while, a year or so, its the closest thing Quentin will ever come to writing a comedy, so wonderfully written

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:05 pm

Haha, I watched it again this weekend with a large group of friends (like 12 in all, male and female). Most of them watched it for the first time and enjoyed the hell out of it. It was great. And lemme just say it, Cheech's pussy speech is classic. I want it as a ringing tone on my mobile phone.  :D