From Dusk Till Dawn 1991 - Robert Kurtzman

http://www.p13entertainment.com/dd_windows.htm

Starring: Joseph Pilato as Seth Gecko!?

Thatā€™s pretty cool! Thanks for that!

I think I prefer Mr Clooney though as Seth.

what is this?

Itā€™s an trailer for the 1991 version of From Dusk Till Dawn. I donā€™t know much more; IMDB have nothing on it. I donā€™t think it was released; I donā€™t think there was a big enough budget. I am currently doing research on it, I will post back if I find something of interest.

i doubt itā€™s 1991, i think itā€™s just a small spoof from 1995, but do your research :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]i doubt itā€™s 1991[/quote]

Me too, there is hardly anything on it - one little chatboard on IMDB (thatā€™s what I call research lol).

<LINK_TEXT text=ā€œhttp://www.imdb.com/name/nm0683334/boar ā€¦ 1#26146381ā€>IMDb: Ratings, Reviews, and Where to Watch the Best Movies & TV Shows</LINK_TEXT>

[quote]Kurtzman came up with the original Dusk till dawn story and tried to raise funds for the film. [/quote]

Kurtzman did come up story, so is it possible that he did attempt to make a film out of it before the Tarantino version? It is just strange it has never been mentioned in interviews/DVD extras.

Joe Pilato is so fucking bad ass 8)

Wasnā€™t he in Pulp Fiction?

Dean Martin at Jack Rabbit Slims yeah

Whaaaaaat!? he was!? any body got a screenshot!?

[quote]any body got a screenshot!?[/quote]

Nope sorry, I have tried lots of search engines, zero joy, but I will keep looking for you and post if I get anything.

well Kurtzman wrote a little treatment on the subject and asked Tarantino to write a script, that was around that time yeah. but i never heard there had been made a trailer or anything. so i think that this is a spoof or something like that. but it doesnā€™t look bad. maybe he indeed shot something like that to show to QT what he was after, but this is the first time iā€™ve heard about thisā€¦

but it sure sounds like kurtzman filmed this back then to raise money for the project/ideaā€¦i just wonder why this isnt on the FDTD DVD

1 Like

As I understand it, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN was Tarantinoā€™s first paid screenwriting job. Make-up FX maestro Robert Kurtzman was looking to direct his first movie and had come up with the original FDTD concept. He was introduced to Tarantino via mutual friend Scott Speigel (EVIL DEAD 2 co-writer) who, based on his writing samples, was paid upfront to pen the FDTD script. This enabled Tarantino to quit his day job and concentrate on writing.

The film was going to be done low budget with Joe Pilato in the lead as Seth Gecko. To lure potential investors, Kurtzman shot a brief promotional clip to illustrate what he had in mind. Alas, the project as intended never came to fruition.

Wow, AC/DC and ZZ Top on the soundtrack would have owned! 8)

1 Like

[quote=ā€œThe Sebā€]
well Kurtzman wrote a little treatment on the subject and asked Tarantino to write a script, that was around that time yeah.
[/quote]
I wouldnā€™t call a 35 page treatment a ā€œlittleā€ treatment. Kurtzman basically came up with the whole story. [quote=ā€œkingfratā€]
As I understand it, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN was Tarantinoā€™s first paid screenwriting job. [/quote]
Of course this is incorrect. Past Midnight, where he was a script doctor, was his first.

Check out some of his early sketches

Great sketches! Thanks for sharing, Sebastian. Btw, soon Iā€™m gonna play baccarat free on my smartphone.