Great movie until.............

... as well as Full Tilt Boogie, the music and more. Let's kill some vampires!
Ezekiel

Great movie until.............

Post by Ezekiel » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:27 pm

They all turn into vampires. It all goes wrong right there. I remember thinking it was great and then I was just disappointed.
Last edited by Ezekiel on Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reservoir_Dude

Re: Great movie until.............

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:18 am

What are you talking about. I have no idea.

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:31 am

I totally agree, but Ezekiel, just like the briefcase thing, read through the other topics. There are about twenty that mention this. I've mentioned it at least ten times on the site.

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:01 am

I totally agree, but Ezekiel, just like the briefcase thing, read through the other topics. There are about twenty that mention this. I've mentioned it at least ten times on the site.

Thanks.

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:13 am

Go to these two topics, they mention this a lot: Best Part in FDTD, and FDTD. They should have what you're looking for.

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:26 am

Go to these two topics, they mention this a lot: Best Part in FDTD, and FDTD. They should have what you're looking for.

I just wanted to say that the movie had lots of potential and then it`s like someone else took over and fucked it all up.

bullet_tooth_tony

Post by bullet_tooth_tony » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:38 am

The vampire thing is awesome! Some people just don't get it, therefore only like the first half.  Some people really like the second half and wish the whole thing was a vampire movie.  I like the WHOLE thing.  It's brilliant.

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:42 am

The vampire thing is awesome! Some people just don't get it, therefore only like the first half.  Some people really like the second half and wish the whole thing was a vampire movie.  I like the WHOLE thing.  It's brilliant.

I don`t think it`s because i don`t "get it". I just don`t like it.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:13 pm

FDTD was two genres in one

Two fucked up criminals in the first half - crime film

Vampires & Vampire Killas in the 2nd half - horror film

The more and more I've seen it I've loved it more and more!

Holiday

Post by Holiday » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:39 am

Two fucked up criminals in the first half - crime film
More like one....but.....

hushjr

Post by hushjr » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:07 am

I totally agree with you Ezekiel, the Vampire part seeemed too much like the "Buffy the Vampire" series.
But still a great film. :)

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:56 am

Dang, this topic died a long time ago.

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:01 am

I think these topics are bullshit. What the fuck else were you expecting in this film? There's vampires on the movie cover, there's vampires on the back. The trailer had vampires, any Quentin Tarantino or RR follower would've known this. But people act as if they wern't gonna expect it. Especially Starkey's reason for not liking it. If you didn't want a vampire movie you can TURN THE FUCKIN MOVIE OFF. You rent it thinking, "oh I know this is about vampires but I won't know when they strike".

Fuck off, all of you, this movie rules.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:06 am

Word, Bullet. Word.

LISTEN UP ALL OF YOU. This movie was made exactly the way it was meant to. There was supposed to be a split in between. The vampire effects were supposed to be cheesy. It was supposed to a B-movie. If you thought it sucked, stop complaining because we heard it all. Sure I didn't like it at first either, but I've grown to realize it was meant to be that way...and really, it's not as bad as I thought.

hushjr

Post by hushjr » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:22 am

Whoa,...I like this movie!
The only thing that bugs me is the way the Vampire part went down, thats all. It's not that bad
infact Im gonna get the Special Edition DVD pretty soon.

Maybe they did do it on purpose, just thought it was a bit cheesy.

I still like it alot :)

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:19 am

thats the way B movies are. cheesy. filled with cheese for your entertainment
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

hushjr

Post by hushjr » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:10 am

I get your guy's points. ;)

Mr_Blonde_is_cool

Post by Mr_Blonde_is_cool » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:54 pm

My friend saw RD and FDTD for the first time. He liked FDTD a lot, the humor and the action. And then it gets so unreal. He thought FDTD sucked because of the second part. He loved RD.

hushjr

Post by hushjr » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:06 am

I think the reason I dont like the vamp part is becouse I want it to be really scary, when it's just gory action.

I think thats why it bugs me.

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:53 am

ever heard of over the top?
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:58 am

It wasn't supposed to be scary also. It was supposed to be an over the top gorefest LIKE WHAT STUCK IN THE MIDDLE SAID. You people are fucking stupid, excluding those who KNEW and WANTED vampires in this movie. God the all of the fucking ads, trailers, teasers and promotional shit told us THERE WAS GONNA BE VAMPIRES IN THIS FILM AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THE TOP IN GORE AND FUN what else were you expecting? Fucking Reservoir Dogs? Pulp Fiction?

MORONS

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:02 am

It wasn't supposed to be scary also. It was supposed to be an over the top gorefest LIKE WHAT STUCK IN THE MIDDLE SAID. You people are fucking stupid, excluding those who KNEW and WANTED vampires in this movie. God the all of the fucking ads, trailers, teasers and promotional shit told us THERE WAS GONNA BE VAMPIRES IN THIS FILM AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THE TOP IN GORE AND FUN what else were you expecting? Fucking Reservoir Dogs? Pulp Fiction?

MORONS
listen to this man!

fuck! 90 % of the topics in the FDTD section bitch about the vamp shit...fuck...did you guys actually see the movie?

ITS A VAMPIRE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:45 am

hehe...VAMP. It sounds like a racial slur.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:27 pm

Some people make it sound as if in the middle of the movie Robert and QT just ran out of ideas and decided to include all the vampire stuff just for the hell of it. In reality the first part of the movie was just used a set-up for the eventual gore-mania. If someone doesn't like it, what can I say? Your loss.  :P

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:27 am

The characters didn't change their personalities. It's just that in a situation of conflict is when a character's true traits are shown. So in a way, they were just being more of how they were, except that had to use it to stay alive.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:40 am

i just didnt think the kids would suddenly grow balls and start killing vampires, and i didnt think kietel's character would have started gunning down vampires all of a sudden either, just didnt seem to fit

Dude, fuckin think about it. If you're stuck in a place with creatures you previously thought never existed, and you know fo sho you were gonna die, I'm sure you would act a little differently. If something's about to kill you, you're not gonna be your same ol' same ol' self. You're gonna wanna keep your ass alive.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:49 am

The only minor thing that bugged me a bit was that the BADASS Clooney didn't react after being punched by Keitel, and just stood there on the floor like a fucking pussy. Otherwise, there wasn't any inconsistencies. They were just a bunch of people fighting to stay alive...it's not as if that needed the biggest characterisation build-up in movie history.

hushjr

:PRe: Great movie until.............

Post by hushjr » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:51 am

I gotta agree with MaHnIgGaBeAuMoNt on the whole "heroic reaction" they had all of a sudden, it seemed unreal (intended or not).
I know for a fact If I was put in that situation, I would "freak the hell out!" and Im fine with them fighting and killing the vamps,thats what I would do to, but it seemed like they were'nt even scared :P

and I dont care if your a "Charles Bronsan motha fucka"
You would'nt act like superman in that type of situaition.

But as Ive said before, I still like the movie, brilliant idea, I just would have liked to see it done a "little"bit differently, thats all.

And I understand when some of you people say
"it was ment to be that way"
but I would  rather have it "a more realistic way"
Last edited by hushjr on Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Re:  :PRe: Great movie until.............

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:16 am

And I understand when some of you people say
"it was ment to be that way"
but I would  rather have it "a more realistic way"

Well, then I guess QT and Rodriguez didn't make this film with an audience in mind, since none of you like it..  :-/

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:26 am

this movie isnt a documentary...its a movie!
made by 2 people who love movies: RR and QT...

the point of the movie is having fun...vampires arent realistic....and the reactions are indeed a little calm...but fuck..I dont care! I enjoyed this movie, because its just pure fun! and thats what its supposed to be: FUN...coolness and cool as fuck lines...

and its a vampire movie with a long novel style intro...QT wanted it this way because in most horror movies you get to see the horror very soon, QT wanted the sudden twist of madness...and I think its great!
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!