Quentin Marathon '05 - From Dusk Till Dawn Week 2

Will begin on September 17th. Watch film and talk about it, you people got it.

Topics

01.Quentin Tarantinos Greatest Acting Preformance Eva!

02.Robert Rodriquezs Directing

03.Dialouge

04.How many hated the Vampire Part?

LETS BEGIN!

This was definetly QT’s most memorable preformance, and his best. “Seth! These are my only pair!” ha, I loved the way he said that. I loved this movie, and no, I did not hate the vampire part, but I know some did.

MOST MEMORABLE LINE - EVERYBODY BE COOL, YOU BE COOL

I hated the vampire part. But still thought the movie was good.

I love the first part of the movie… But the second part… ehh… I don’t know…

QT and George are great… Juliette is creepy… :stuck_out_tongue:

Harvey Keitel plays good… not as good as in Reservoir Dogs but good…

I agree. but i think he is not half as good as how he could be. I think the character doesn’t suit him that well… he might look like an old pops but he isn’t… just doesn’t feel all that good… especially the sudden switch to “kids, kill me!” just isn’t believable…

I like From Dusk Til Dawn. Thought it was a fun little B movie. QT was very good as Richie Gecko, hes excellent at playing crazy bad guys. Def his best acting performance so far.

Robert Rodriguez’ direction is good in the film. I cant say I loved it.

The dialogue is one of the best things about the film. If it didnt have the fun, QT style dialogue it wouldve been total crap to watch. Most of what I remember in the film isnt the directing or the action/FX its the funny one liners.

I dont hate the vampire part, the quick change from a road crime film into a vampire splatter film wasnt that bad really. The movie works at a good pace, so all the action in the Titty Twister made it fun and easy to watch for me.

I also liked the music in the film. Lots of great Tex Mex type tracks were a nice touch.

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
I agree. but i think he is not half as good as how he could be. I think the character doesn’t suit him that well… he might look like an old pops but he isn’t… just doesn’t feel all that good… especially the sudden switch to “kids, kill me!” just isn’t believable…
[/quote]

Yeah. The character isn’t really made for him…

My favourit song from the movie is After Dark… I just love that song!

Why is that Sheriff shot in the head on that opening scene, that was unecessary. O f all his movies that is the scene that I loathe the most.

It’s because Richie’s a psycho and needed someone to kill.

Because Richie thoght that the skinny guy whispered “Help Me” to the sherrif.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Because Richie thoght that the skinny guy whispered “Help Me” to the sherrif.
[/quote]

lol R u serious?! I never noticed that!

[quote=“CopperHead”]
lol R u serious?! I never noticed that!
[/quote]

I don’t think that the guy actually whisperd that but at least that’s what Richie thought…

he didnt mouth help me … he mouthed HELP US! and he DID!

lol he didnt, Richie is just crazy

and i hate the fact people keep bitching about the vampire part, i fuckin love it, why? i didnt expect it, great, they didnt expect it either, im there, its classic, but still, the first time i watched it and the vampires blew up and juliette walks torwards the motorhome with the money i thought: allright! lets get started!, but then the credits rolled and it kind of dissapointed me, it really diserved a sequal (the sequals it had dont count, their rubbish), a sequal about Seth arriving in El Rey and dealing with it, dealing with his fortune yet the loss of his brother, i know it’s all supposed to be a mistery and El Rey is supposed to be the big question mark, like the inside of a spaceship is in a sci-fi film (close encounters for example) but the entire film were just anticipating for that moment, the films doesnt seem finished for me, it stopped when i got ready, not that im not satisfied, it is what it is, its a cool, cool film, with cool, cool characters, but its just not a tarantino film, its a rodriguez film

Its hilarious, the cashier goes ballistic when they keep saying he said “HELP US” from behind the shelves.

“I DID NOT MOUTH THE WORDS HELP USSSS!!!”

Nice movie to watch. Dont mind the vampire part. But I always kind of felt bad when Richie died, becuase he’s got some good lines and I liked the way Seth & Ritchie interact.

But after that you get to know the Sex Machine and Frost a little bit better. I think the moment where Frost suddenly talks about his vietnam past is really great. The fight is over and he really helps the mood by reveiling his sick past… Great B-movie character. The boy Scott I don’t like so much.

lol Scott is actually the weirdest character in the film, hes a terrible actor too, Dusk was his first film and he only did one after it, there a reason for that i think

i dont really understand why quentin chose for Jacob to have an adopted kid (etleast i asume he is) it would work really better if he was actually Jacob’s son, would make the fact that he kills his own dad much more heartbreaking (like the little girl that kills her own mother in Night of the Living dead)

and Fred Williamson was definitly perfect, hes kind of the Jim Brown of B-movies, hes such a badass even though he plays the good guy

Tom Savini is a must ofcourse, hes just thé man of all men, you can see hes enjoying himself, if i ever become famous hes the guy i would invite to every single party i throw, in the Dawn documentary (original) you can see hes a stand up guy and he loves his job, wether its makeup, acting, directing, stunts … hes all into it

its a shame I cant remember the full vietnam speech, but it reminded me of a lot of other fun B-movies. I definitly agree with you, Fred is the Jim Brown of B-movies.

I didnt know Tom Savini was also involved with the makeup and stunts…

When I watched it the other day, I noticed a line which is similar to a line from JB.

“I may be a bastard, but I’m not a fuckin’ bastard.”

-Seth

"Fred Williamson is the Jim Brown of B-Movies"

Actually Jim Brown was in alot of Blaxploitation films too including Tick…Tick…Tick, Slaughter, Slaughters Big Rip Off and Three The Hard Way. and he was also in some big budget films like The Dirty Dozen and Dark Of The Sun (just saw this the other day and its awesome!).