Different version of From Dusk Till Dawn

I don’t know about anyone else but I would like to see another movie where there aren’t any vampires, just to see how it would end, not that I don’t love the way the movie is now, it would jsut be cool.

I think it would be cooler if they hadnt had all those stupid vampires.

I love the vampires, I mean you are sitting there watching the movie and you think “damn this is a good fucking movie” and suddenly Selma bites Quentin and all hell turns loose, heads flying everywere, and your just like “W0000T, am I still watching the same movie?”.

[quote=“Tor_Johnson”]
I love the vampires, I mean you are sitting there watching the movie and you think “damn this is a good fucking movie” and suddenly Selma bites Quentin and all hell turns loose, heads flying everywere, and your just like “W0000T, am I still watching the same movie?”.
[/quote]

Or…“Holy shit, this is the best weed I’ve ever bought!”

Heres the story without the vampires the brothers get drunk/ sexed up at the titty twister then wake up the next morning in the desert without any of there possessions, then it ends in a similar fashion as the first wanes world 2 ending…

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]
HAHAHAHA definetly. This is a fucking good movie to watch while smoking Buddah. I am close to tears during the vampire scene whenever im stoned. But then again I also laugh during Ichi. Yep weed makes me crazy.

I like the film as it is - vampires and all.

I agree with everything u all said but its the twists in everything Quentins involved in that makes him so fucking cool!!!

I think the movie unravels the second Selma Hayek morphs into a vampire. For example, all this time is spent setting up the tension between George Clooney needing to keep his psycho brother off of Juliette Lewis. The hostage rape, Quentin’s insanity, and the fact that Clooney’s character gives Harvey Keitel his word, even when we’ve already seen that he can’t control his brother, sets up this great tension. Then, in a flash, it’s gone. That thread, along with everything interesting in the movie so far, is severed. It’s a shame, because I think they could have kept the vampires and still made a good movie.

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

I was high as hell when I went to see this movie and I had no idea it was about vamps. Blew my frickin mind. Simply awesome.

I had to argue at work about how cool this movie is the other day. The person thought it was too much like a comic book. I'm like so what? It would be one kick ass comic book!

I also like how "Sex Machines" Pistol belt thingie ends up in the guitar case in Desperado. Whats the connection I sometimes wonder.

[quote=“StanrickKubley”]
I think the movie unravels the second Selma Hayek morphs into a vampire. For example, all this time is spent setting up the tension between George Clooney needing to keep his psycho brother off of Juliette Lewis. The hostage rape, Quentin’s insanity, and the fact that Clooney’s character gives Harvey Keitel his word, even when we’ve already seen that he can’t control his brother, sets up this great tension. Then, in a flash, it’s gone. That thread, along with everything interesting in the movie so far, is severed. It’s a shame, because I think they could have kept the vampires and still made a good movie.
[/quote]

That is an interesting point, but I think that starting to develop the characters and giving the audience the illusion of that type of film and then totally ripping everything away to show an entirely different beast was a good idea. I have always wanted to write a horror film where, as kind of an intro, we get to see the first couple killed before we move onto the main characters. But instead of just a quick killing at the start, you have like 10-15 minutes of character development and the start of a film so that the audience is fooled into thinking that these guys are main characters and then they are killed simply and quickly. Then we move onto the main character’s stories.

For me the movie has always worked. I dont mind the sudden twist from crime film to vampire killing fest at all. I like when people take chances and throw the standard storylines out the window and go for broke. Thats part of the charm of the film.

Yeah, its like saying Hollywood should always turn out the same old crap and never stray from the formula.

Stanrick was saying that they started to develop characters and then as soon as the vampires came, they stopped all character development and didn’t bother to utilise any of the development thus far. But I think that is part of the attraction. The kind of horror films that FDTD morphs into have none or little in the way of character development. It starts like a Tarantino-esque thriller with three dimensional characters and then throws it all out the window, and rightly so, and then gives us a B-movie horror. I think it works well that when the film changes at that point, a whole bunch of things change, including the way that the film is tackled. It goes from serious and real to humourous and fake. It works great.