The hangman's daughter

hello there.

(discuss FDTD 2 in the other topic).

From Dusk Till Dawn 3 starts so gorgeous, I thought - as I watched it the first time, it’s gonna win various awards.

The first 2/3 of the movie is such a cool western. Cool-ass sound, humour, great acting, cool cinematography. I love it, anyone should love it. Pesce did such a great job on that western part.

Even the first scenes at the vampire bar, that’s when the movie twists to splatter, it’s still original.

And one of the best scenes in the movie history: The VAMPIRE TANGO. OMG, that’s so fucking great. That scene is hilarious.

the rest of the movie was fucked up. All vampire-killing-effects are exagerated and unreal. why do snakes come out of her stomach?

I think, if they’d done the vampire part a little better, it would’ve been a great movie for theaters, but obviously they fucked up the final 30 minutes of the movie.

This was actually the first FDTD movie I saw and I loved it. I think its director wanted to incorporate some sort of “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” homage to it, even if it mainly dealt with vampires. Like in the opening sequence when the bandit who is about to be hanged is saved and manages to escape; or when that girl is hanged in the cemetary on top of a cross. The only problem I’ve got with the FDTD movies is that the gore and all the vampire action is sometimes taken to such extremes that it becomes ultra-cheesy throughout. The example you mentioned of the snakes coming out of the woman’s stomach is one classic proof.

ah, we’re on the totally same wavelenght here. you’re a mind-reader.

like i said, i totally love the western part of FDTD3.

the ambrose bierce character, the cinematography, the sound and all…

I also loved the vampire tango, and the scene where the imaginary 2nd ambrose bierce makes this “bang you’re dead” gesture.

IF they’d left away all the cheesiness (the snake out of head, the tentacles out of the stomach) and so on, it would be a good-for-theater follow-up to FDTD.

it’s a pity.

the film has so much potential!

I was surprised how much I liked this flick - haven’t seen part 2 as I have heard it’s pretty awful. However, the first 3/4 of this movie is real good!

my words… if they hadn’t fucked up all those SFX things it would’ve been a great prequel.

that vampire tango is great cinema

i was shocked on how much i loved this movie as well, when one of my friends said it sucks terribley and flopped so bad, well it may have flopped but i dont think it was bad at all

It couldn’t have flopped because it was a direct-to-video movie. The opening sequence when the bandit escapes riding the horse with the hangman’s daughter and the horse-wagon assault scene are by far my favorite two parts of the movie.

yeah. The director really invested a lot into this movie. the actors are great, the sound is great, the cinematography is great. the only thing that sucks are the wanna-be kid-rebel and the crappy vampire effects.

i personally ADORE the vampire tango. that was so cinematic it gave me goose bumps

Yeah, that wanna-be outlaw kid was annoying as hell. It seems every Dusk Till Dawn movie should have an annoying kid to get on everyone’s nerves. Only Texas Blood Money didn’t have one, that’s the only positive aspect that movie has in relation to the others.

You guys convinced me to see this movie. What’s this “Vampire Tango” thing yer talking about???

[quote]You guys convinced me to see this movie. What’s this “Vampire Tango” thing yer talking about??? [/quote]

watch it, it’s the most cinematic thing in the entire movie. you’ll love it. the VAMPIRE TANGO (Tango is a dance)

damn…saw it once and i remember liking it…

after hearing you guys, i want to watch it again… i think i own it…i need to go through some vhs boxes in the basement.

is it out on dvd yet ?

[quote]damn…saw it once and i remember liking it…

after hearing you guys, i want to watch it again… i think i own it…i need to go through some vhs boxes in the basement.

is it out on dvd yet ?[/quote]

Yep: <LINK_TEXT text=“Amazon.com … 21-1701417”>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/630569270X/qid=1073828966/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/103-7487121-1701417</LINK_TEXT>

Don’t expect any special features though, cause it has none.

thx…

finally found it today (along with full tilt boogie ;D) its about time i watch those again.

i have not seen second FDTD film, but today i saw the third one and i must say that i like it

some scenes sucks, but they do nothing with the rest of the film that is good

good as a good b movie can be

vampire dance was great and the mentioned here “bang! you’re dead” scene too

hangman was interesting heh

and hanging “almost an outlaw” girl on the cross (it’s sad that she didn’t die)

the best part of the film was ofcourse the western part which was so fuckin’ spaghetti

when i saw hangman’s beating up his daughter i was thinking about Django film :laugh:

1st film - Oh yeah ;D

2nd film - >:(

3rd film - :-</E> :slight_smile:

i could never find ne of the other 2 movies i have the first one on dvd but like i said i cant find the other 2 no where (exept the internet but no cc or dc)

cc? dc?

just buy them on amazon. where’s the problem?

not credit cards or debit cards or checks

ask your parents. or check out good movie stores