Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

... as well as Full Tilt Boogie, the music and more. Let's kill some vampires!
User avatar
Angel
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:32 am
Location: Australia

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Angel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:50 am

Kilgore Trout wrote: go to the official scientology website and see how many famous actors have been sucked into that cult.....it is utterly unbelievable.
Tell me about it, I can't even believe that someone could go into a cult like that. How could they not know that L. Ron Hubbard was a failed writer who knew he could make more money inventing a religion? It just reeks of a scam.
Image

Kilgore Trout

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:56 am

Angel wrote: Tell me about it, I can't even believe that someone could go into a cult like that. How could they not know that L. Ron Hubbard was a failed writer who knew he could make more money inventing a religion? It just reeks of a scam.
All religions started out as cults.  The difference between L. Ron Hubbard and Joseph Smith is only that Joseph Smith was killed.  His murder made a fucking martyr out of him and the rest is history.  Any time someone denies any statements made by these kind of people their followers act as if you blasphemed.  It is total bullshit.  The fact is that more people have died in the name of these fucking religions than from cancer, lukemia, diabetes, car accidents, AIDS, and all of the other shitty diseases combined.  Why in the fuck are we all so stupid that we keep going for it....what a sham.

User avatar
Black Mamba!
Real McCoy
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 2:55 am
Location: Chicagoland area, ILLINOIS, USA

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Black Mamba! » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:49 am

Kilgore Trout wrote: go to the official scientology website and see how many famous actors have been sucked into that cult.....it is utterly unbelievable.
That's how I found out, by going to the website. *Notice how no other religion has a "website", and what's funny is they revolve alot of the site around celebrities.
Image

MissMia

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by MissMia » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:51 am

Woah, according to the website there is a scientology church in Edinburgh! I never knew that.

Kilgore Trout

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:38 pm

Black Mamba! wrote: That's how I found out, by going to the website. *Notice how no other religion has a "website", and what's funny is they revolve alot of the site around celebrities.
Jesus Christ even has a website.  If you really want a good laugh, go to the LDS website and see what these whacked out fuckers believe.  They baptize the dead, believe that every good mormon will inherit his own planet(I don't know if it comes with 5000 virgins or not), and think that they should be able to have as many wives as they can afford.  Thats LDS - Latter Day Saints - in Utah.

User avatar
Angel
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:32 am
Location: Australia

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Angel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:18 pm

Kilgore Trout wrote: Jesus Christ even has a website.  If you really want a good laugh, go to the LDS website and see what these whacked out fuckers believe.  They baptize the dead, believe that every good mormon will inherit his own planet(I don't know if it comes with 5000 virgins or not), and think that they should be able to have as many wives as they can afford.  Thats LDS - Latter Day Saints - in Utah.
Mormons are sad, sad people. I think there is a difference between the main ancient religions like Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Shintoism, etc and what I consider cults which are scientology and Kabalah. I really don't see how we are expected to believe that L. Ron Hubbard pulled this "religion" out of his arse and then it became fact. Whereas the religions mentioned above are ancient and could have some sort of truth to them (or at least they don't involve for the most part the giving of money, minus the few scams people have pulled).

Whenever I think of mormons now though, I think of Orgazmo. lol.
Image

Luxie

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Luxie » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:29 pm

Angel wrote: Mormons are sad, sad people. I think there is a difference between the main ancient religions like Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Shintoism, etc and what I consider cults which are scientology and Kabalah. I really don't see how we are expected to believe that L. Ron Hubbard pulled this "religion" out of his arse and then it became fact. Whereas the religions mentioned above are ancient and could have some sort of truth to them (or at least they don't involve for the most part the giving of money, minus the few scams people have pulled).

Whenever I think of mormons now though, I think of Orgazmo. lol.
Except that Kabbalah is not something new, people have been studying it for hundreds of years, and also it´s not considered as a religion. I don´t study it though, not really my thing, lol

Kilgore Trout

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:11 pm

1. Kabalah is a subject that only a very educated Rabbi with many years under his belt would even consider studying.  I don't think that that stupid bitch Madonna is qualified to study, practice, or even mention Kabalah.
2. Anyone with any sense of logic can deduce that all religions have started in the same manner as Scientology, LDS, or any other modern-day cult.  You can't really say that any of them are "wrong" because that would be opening up the door for others to prove the faults in the religion that you practice.  They are all faith-based and therefore can not be proven.  I don't personally agree with Scientology or LDS, but then, who am I to argue with them?  The main problem that I do have with LDS is that it is extremely contradictory to the beliefs of Christianity, yet they call themselves "Christians".  The name of the church has been Latter Day Saints since 1827, but recently they have added The Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints.  This is obviously a marketing strategy which will make potential converts feel more comfortable about changing denominations.  One other important fact:  Mormons tithe 25% of their income - the 2nd wealthiest entity in the United States is LDS - second only to The Roman Catholic Church - which is the wealthiest entity in the entire world.  I guess religion is pretty good business.

User avatar
Angel
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:32 am
Location: Australia

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Angel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:15 pm

Luxie wrote: Except that Kabbalah is not something new, people have been studying it for hundreds of years, and also it´s not considered as a religion. I don´t study it though, not really my thing, lol
Yeah, I do know that. I was thinking more about Scientology when I was talking about ancient religions. Kabbalah is just considered a cult, which is why I named it. It isn't really how old, it is just that cults tend to have that "new age" kind of feel to them. And things associated with fortune tellers and such.

But, I do believe in some sort of higher power, can't say that I am religious, but I do know we weren't spawned from fucking monkeys or the result of a big bang in the universe.
Image

Luxie

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Luxie » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:17 pm

I don´t really know what i believe, but i think about it. Not everything can be explained by science.

MissMia

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by MissMia » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:22 am

I don´t really know what i believe, but i think about it. Not everything can be explained by science.
I agree, I don't exactly know what I believe in. I don't think the Big Bang theory is the truth. I don't think everything was created by a chance. I think the fact that two atoms or whatever happened to come in cotact at precisely the right time to spark creation is unbelievable. I believe there is a creator but I am not sure who he/she is right now. Science is not the answer to everything, we need to have a little faith somewhere down the line.

User avatar
plunderbunnie
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by plunderbunnie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:45 am

MissMia wrote: I agree, I don't exactly know what I believe in. I don't think the Big Bang theory is the truth. I don't think everything was created by a chance. I think the fact that two atoms or whatever happened to come in cotact at precisely the right time to spark creation is unbelievable. I believe there is a creator but I am not sure who he/she is right now. Science is not the answer to everything, we need to have a little faith somewhere down the line.
yes, to me the big bang theory is almong the same lines as a religious theory.  Something, from somewhere, when there was nothing, blow up, and created everything.
God, from somehwere, when there was nothing, did his will, and created everything.
"It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions." - Mark Twain

MissMia

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by MissMia » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:48 am

I just think it is quite comforting to know we were created for a reason by someone not just the result of a fluke of nature. I think God (or whoever) created us for a reason not just because he had the power to.

Kilgore Trout

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Kilgore Trout » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:33 pm

There was a time in my life that I wanted to become a minister, but I have since realized that all of these people - no matter what religion they are - are all the same.  "I am right and you are wrong"...."no, I am right and you are wrong".  It goes around and around with pointless percision.  I was raised by Christians.  I was passionate about being a Christian.  What if I had been raised by Muslims?  Would I not be equally passionate about Islam?  Of course I would, it is in my nature to be passionate.  I am sure that you have all read enough of my posts to understand that I am a passionate person, and sometimes I allow my passion for things to blind me from the greater perspective of what the truth really is.  I have gone back and forth with this subject and have come to this conclusion:  When William Shakespeare wrote "is a rose called by any other name not a rose?", he was satirically talking about religion.  Romeo and Juliet was the only way that he could make that statement without persecution from the intolerance of the Church at that time.  That intolerance was the very foundation for the arguement that all religions start out as small cults and grow by means of ignorance and a lack of understanding of interpretation.  This ignorance spurs from years of systematic deprevation of the truth, thus causing a cultivated mindset that blinds its congregation from seeing the greater truth - A congregation that slips further and further from the truth with every generation of growing ignorance, intolerance of others beleifs, and willingness to kill, fight, or die for them.  What we are seeing in the middle-east is a tragedy unravelling before our very eyes.
I do believe that there is a creator that made each and every one of us equally.  I do not believe that he enjoys watching us fight over whose interpretation of his existence is correct.  I don't understand why we continue after thousands of years to continue something that we know to be wrong.

User avatar
QT6rox
Kiddo
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:57 am

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by QT6rox » Wed May 03, 2006 11:45 pm

I love QT in FDTD. I thought he did a superb acting job and george clooney gave a outstanding performence. Julliette Lewis did pretty good but nowhere near Uma Thurman or Pam Grier of course lol  Harvey Keitel did good but that little orientel kid didnt do good IMO.

MissMia

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by MissMia » Mon May 08, 2006 4:04 pm

but that little orientel kid didnt do good IMO.
I didn't personally see the point in Scott even being there, apart from the fact he had a slightly humourous death scene.

killerinstinct

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by killerinstinct » Mon May 08, 2006 6:05 pm

That's how I found out, by going to the website. *Notice how no other religion has a "website", and what's funny is they revolve alot of the site around celebrities.

Jesus Christ even has a website.  If you really want a good laugh, go to the LDS website and see what these whacked out fuckers believe.  They baptize the dead, believe that every good mormon will inherit his own planet(I don't know if it comes with 5000 virgins or not), and think that they should be able to have as many wives as they can afford.  Thats LDS - Latter Day Saints - in Utah.
they actually do that? thats freaking twisted dude , not trying to knock anybodys beleifs or anything but thats unusual

User avatar
Scarface
Fucking Professional
Posts: 4042
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:05 am

Re: Julliette Lewis IN FDTD!!!

Post by Scarface » Mon May 08, 2006 6:27 pm

MissMia wrote: I didn't personally see the point in Scott even being there, apart from the fact he had a slightly humourous death scene.
Wow you're sick!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest