Texas blood money

“From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money” was a pretty trashy vamp-flick. a real b-movie with lousy effects and the creepiest cinematography ever (the camera-man, is he full of shit??).

what do you think of that movie?

i think, it has some good scenes and it’s worth watching but they could’ve done better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have this thing about sequels not directed by the original guy. I think they suck! FDTD 2 sucks too. Ive seen it a couple times, its just a piece of crap. :frowning:

I didn’t like how fake The Titty Twister looked. That’s cause they had to rebuild it probably. I like the Hangman’s Daughter though. That was a fine western.

Sebastian, I got your email about starting new topics so I’m just gonna post it in here about the original FDTD.

Did anyone notice the sack of Big Kahuna burgers Seth brings into the motel room?

If there are 3 universes

Universe #1 - realer than real - PF, RD, TR

Universe #2 - movie universe - NBK, FDTD, KB

Universe #3 - Elmore Leonard - JB

Then The Wolf isn’t the only thing that can jump between universes. I guess the corporate brands can too. Like Red Apples and Big Kahuna Burgers and Teriyaki Donuts. I suppose the corporate brands are such large entities, they cover all 3 universes. It’ll be interesting to see them pop up in non-QT films. You guys that are filmmakers, start using his brands in addition to some of you own.

I think the reason QTs commercial brand items can transcend Universes, is because they are objects which can be in the REAL WORLD and the MOVIE MOVIE Universes (i.e. Coke, Marlboro cigarettes, Lava soap, etc). Its the characters and situations that are specific to each of QTs worlds.

I rented it last night…it sucked worse than I imagined it would. I’m gonna watch Hangman’s Daughter tonight.

MIKE WROTE: It’ll be interesting to see them [Q.T. products] pop up in non-QT films.

Actually, you can see a bag for Big Kahuna Burgers in the background in one of the scenes in “Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion”. Kind of caught me by surprise the first time I saw it, until I remembered that Q.T. dated Mira Sorvino at the time the movie was made (1997 – she played the character of Romy White). Also, an ad for Red Apple cigarettes is displayed on the building next to their apartment. To my knowledge, this is the first and only film in which any “Tarantino Products” have been featured that Q.T. himself didn’t have anything to do with (aside from dating one of it’s stars, of course). Just a little piece of trivia. Are there any others?

M.W.

Wasn’t this directed by Scott Spiegel or Rob Tapert or somebody? Some Evil Dead homages, if I remember right. That’s why there were a few screwy shots.

I havent seen the second one. Did Qt have anythn to do with it?

that idea for the story is his.

and he produced it, which means nothing more but he financed that… together with Rodriguez

Well I am the first one was kinda a B movie too. Even tho B movies rock…

Texas Blood Money was SHIT, an awful movie.

The Hangman’s daughter was okay…

[quote]Wasn’t this directed by Scott Spiegel or Rob Tapert or somebody? Some Evil Dead homages, if I remember right. That’s why there were a few screwy shots.[/quote]

Yeah, it was written and directed by Scott Spiegel. And also Bruce “don´t call me Ash” Campbell appears in it.

I haven´t seen it yet, because of the bad Reviews. But the fact that these 2 Evil Dead veterans have something to do with it, will hopefully change that very soon :wink:.

But I can´t say that I´m really looking forward to see this often condemned flick.

[quote]

Yeah, it was written and directed by Scott Spiegel. And also Bruce “don´t call me Ash” Campbell appears in it.

I haven´t seen it yet, because of the bad Reviews. But the fact that these 2 Evil Dead veterans have something to do with it, will hopefully change that very soon :wink:.

But I can´t say that I´m really looking forward to see this often condemned flick. ÂÂ
[/quote]

Actually, Bruce Campbell is only in the movie for about five minutes during the opening sequence.  All in all, I think “FDTD II: TBM” is pretty lame.  Still, I’m a sucker for trashy, campy, poorly made horror flicks, i.e. TROMA (fuckin’ great movies, many of which feature prominent Hollywood stars of today, like Billy Bob Thornton [“Chopper Chicks In Zombie Town”], Marisa Tomei [“The Toxic Avenger”], Vincent D’Onofrio [“The First Turn On”]…as well as some of Hollywood’s top directors, like Oliver Stone and Stanley Kubrick, who is said to have been a HUGE TROMA fan and served as a member of the crew in at least one TROMA film, but I digress…).  Yeah, so, uh, anyway…shit…I guess this shoulda just been a TROMA post. Fuck it.  Later.

M.W.

P.S. While we’re on the subject of Bruce Campbell: I was at work the other day, and some lady said she was gonna send her boyfriend by to pick something up for her.  When I asked for his name, she said Ashley, or Ash.

“Hey!  Just like the character from one of my favorite movies,” I said.

“Yeah, I know.  ‘Gone With The Wind’.  It’s timeless,” she answered.

"‘Gone With The Wind?!’  What?!  ‘Army Of Darkness’, lady!  Bruce Campell!  That movie rules!"

She just looked at me like I was retarded and walked away.  Fuckin’ “Gone With The Wind”.  Shit.  If I want a love story, I’ll throw on “True Romance”…  Later.

" Still, I’m a sucker for trashy, campy, poorly made horror flicks,"

well, seems like ithats your perfect favorite movie.

(just corrected last night’s typing misere)

[quote]esxuse my typing remind mae teo corect that tomorow its whatever 340 am an i am half past dead (drunk=

" Still, I’m a sucker for trashy, campy, poorly made horror flicks,"

well, seemz like ithats youir perferct fvo… favorite movoe…movie. damn

damn

sorry folks, gotta come back here tomorrow.

whew. i tell ya, if you ever finish school, try to beat us guys in terms of partying and drinking. [/quote]

HAHAHA!  What?!  Holly fuckin' GIBBERISH!  Damn, Seb.  You must be SHIT-FAAAYCED!  Are you implying that because I like crappy, poorly made, campy horror flicks, "FDTD2" should be my favorite movie?  Well, it's not, but maybe I should list it as one of my "guilty pleasures" in one of the other sub-forums...<br/>

M.W.

i first saw Texas Blood Money when I was like ten at a sleepover with my friend. I had never known anything about Tarantino, I know he didn’t direct this, and that this was a sequel.

Well it scared me. Then when I found out Tarantino was in the first, after discovering how cool Tarantino is, I watched Blood Money again. The gore is pretty weak but I found it enjoyable. Better than some crap.

watch part 3!

yeah, I hear thats supposed to be the better of the two sequals. But I just found out From Dusk Till Dawn has this special addition or something with LOADS of extra stuff, so I gotta get that. Is the special edition FDTD good as it sounds?

Haven’t seen it yet but The Hangman’s Daughter (pt. 3) is a very fun flick!

i recently rented texas blood money and i’d just like to say that it sucked horribly. every fucking scene there was some stupid camera angle (Like the fan and the pushups) that just made it unbearable. i hope the makers of it never make another movie again.