El Rey

... as well as Full Tilt Boogie, the music and more. Let's kill some vampires!
itu

El Rey

Post by itu » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 am

what is El rey?the place where seth goes at the end of the movie, but i don't know whta's it

Water_Based

Re: El Rey

Post by Water_Based » Sun May 23, 2004 1:59 am

probably a happy mystical land where criminals can live and have fun, without worry of police and authority.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun May 23, 2004 4:17 am

I think it's just some hacienda in the mountains without any cops near. some paradise-like shelter

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Sun May 23, 2004 9:09 pm

probably a happy mystical land where criminals can live and have fun, without worry of police and authority.
like Disneyland?

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Mon May 24, 2004 12:46 am

Or America??

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

pepsikiller

Post by pepsikiller » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:34 am

Is bills hacienda in el rey?

LakeErieWaterSnake

Post by LakeErieWaterSnake » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:49 pm

El Ray is from the Jim Thompson book "The Getaway" It is a place where criminals go to hide out but once your money runs out you are cannibalized. Or something along those lines. I have not been able to get hold of the book yet. Quentin mentions it in the commentary on the DVD. They should have made the sequel about this! Can you just imagine Seth battling a horde of cannibalistic ex-cons?! I am thinking about writing a Fan Script or story myself.
Last edited by LakeErieWaterSnake on Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:27 pm

word, the sequals weren't sequals

a sequal or maybe even a prequal for it would be beyond great

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:45 am

pepsikiller wrote: Is bills hacienda in el rey?
Hmmm nice point. I Imagine El Ray to be full of every single quentin character created..who wants to book a holiday? lol
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm

Why would anyone want to print this topic?  :-\

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

yella_haired_warrior
Cowardly Lion

Post by yella_haired_warrior » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:56 pm

It can't be some happy place, because there's a reason Seth won't let Kate join him. If it was some fantasy land, then he would have happily taken this pretty orphaned, traumatised chick with him. It's only out of kindness that he refuses her passage with him.

After all, he's a bastard, not a fuckin' bastard.
It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:33 pm

yella_haired_warrior wrote:It can't be some happy place, because there's a reason Seth won't let Kate join him. If it was some fantasy land, then he would have happily taken this pretty orphaned, traumatised chick with him. It's only out of kindness that he refuses her passage with him.

After all, he's a bastard, not a fuckin' bastard.
On the DVD commentary Quentin says it's hell. Ceech Marvin is the devil and it's just makes sense that there is a bar full of vampire as a last stop to hell.

yella_haired_warrior
Cowardly Lion

Post by yella_haired_warrior » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:10 pm

^^That is good thinking. I'm seen the Sam Peckinpah film The Getaway, but haven't read the book, so I don't know just how horrific its supposed to be; but I like the 'road to Hell' idea.
It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.