Jackie Brown

I never saw this movie but i heard it was bad can anybody tell me what its about and there opinion on it?

For the last time it’s not bad. It’s as good of a fucking movie as all the other QT movies. It’s just different that’s all. Some ppl might say it’s bad because they were expecting a sequel to Pulp Fiction. It’s not meant to live up to Pulp. I love this movie. The wonderful casting choices for one thing. Robert DeNiro and Sam Jackson in a movie together? What more could you want? Pam Grier and Bridget…it’s all good. They all have great memorable lines, especially the hilariously unforgettable scene with Sam and Chris Tucker. Best part of the movie IMO. Now it’s not KB or Pulp, so don’t expect overdoses, massacres, and hillbilly rapings. It’s a slower-paced, more mature character study dealing with characters that are getting older in their lives and realizing that they can’t live their life the same way forever. Oh, and by the way, the movie fucking ages like wine. It gets better every time you see it, in other words you appreciate more, more than the ADD freaks that say this movie sucks.

And to help you with what the movie’s about, I’ll give you the movie’s tagline.

LOOK OUT!

Caught between the Feds and a cold blooded killer.

With a half million dollars up for grabs.

No one knows how it’s going down.

Except for maybe

JACKIE BROWN

(SWAT theme music comes on)

da na naaaaa

da na naaaaa

da na naaaaa

da na naaaaa

da na na na

I know where you’re coming from Tony. I heard a lot of bad things about it myself, and those reviews kept me away from it for a while, too. I picked it up recently though, and its a great movie. Not bad, not average, not even just plain good - it was fuckin great! The assholes that blasted this movie were expecting another gangster movie as opposed to a Sting film, and they didn’t know how to handle it.

Already, some people that hated the film initially are changing their tune after looking back on it in retrospect.

alright thanks for all ur help and the gay thing was scarey

You know what Starkey quit posting that stupid shit everytime you don’t like a thread. It was hilarious at first, but now it’s fucking old… so stop, thank you very much.

[quote]This is the second time i have done this. Both me and BadMotherFucker use em. I still think it’s funny.

That and this thread is gay. [/quote]

I’m not fucking counting but a lot of threads I see has that stupid ebaum shit like “congrats on your gay thread!” or some stupid shit like that. It’s fucking annoying. Hypothetically, if you made a thread like this and someone posted saying your thread was gay, I’d think you’d be slightly annoyed. Sure, you can post saying you wouldn’t be, but I’m sure you’d be agitated a little bit. I’m just backing TonyMontana here because he hasn’t seen this movie and wouldn’t ya think this would be the place for him to get a decent opinion or two? Don’t shun someone that doesn’t know as much as you, Starkey. I’m not trying to cop you or anything, just give the dude a little breathing room.

[quote]

I’m not fucking counting but a lot of threads I see has that stupid ebaum shit like “congrats on your gay thread!” or some stupid shit like that. It’s fucking annoying. Hypothetically, if you made a thread like this and someone posted saying your thread was gay, I’d think you’d be slightly annoyed. Sure, you can post saying you wouldn’t be, but I’m sure you’d be agitated a little bit. I’m just backing TonyMontana here because he hasn’t seen this movie and wouldn’t ya think this would be the place for him to get a decent opinion or two? Don’t shun someone that doesn’t know as much as you, Starkey. I’m not trying to cop you or anything, just give the dude a little breathing room.
[/quote]
That’s very true, but it’s still funny. We’re basically done. I only put 'em up if a thread is REALLY gay, not like this one, which is only sort of gay.

Just kidding.

^^ Honestly, please do, jesus christ.

i just watched JB again and loved it. All the deaths have so muhc more of an impact. Great movie.

Badmotherfucker, u and toothpick got the same avatar

starky u r such an ass >:(this thread isnt gay he had a q and wanted an answer that is what this forum is about rite ???u dicklesslittle prick lol ;D :wink: :o :-/

:- j/k but 4real just lay off and d_n_s has a pont i cantwait for u to make a thread so i can dis u for ne1 to see :stuck_out_tongue: but what ever ::slight_smile:

:-

o p.s. starky when u dis sum1 make sure nothn is wrong w/ ur shit >:( like ur little text thing u spelled galons wrong u spelled it w/ e it should be galons :stuck_out_tongue: o and i noe i cant spell b/c that little fuckface bullet already took the time to tell me and call me a piker >:(

:-*

[quote]o p.s. starky when u dis sum1 make sure nothn is wrong w/ ur shit  >:( like ur little text thing u spelled galons wrong u spelled it w/ e it should be galons :stuck_out_tongue: o and i noe i cant spell b/c that little fuckface bullet already took the time to tell me and call me a piker >:(

:-*[/quote]
[quote]starky u r such an ass this thread isnt gay he had a q and wanted an answer that is what this forum is about rite u dicklesslittle prick lol

j/k but 4real just lay off and d_n_s has a pont i cantwait for u to make a thread so i can dis u for ne1 to see but what ever

[/quote]

Are you on crack when your on this site or something?

what the fuck bullet >:(ur constantly dissin me :’(

and no im not on crack :-*

[quote]u dicklesslittle prick lol [/quote]

Most contradictory statement, ever.

Anyway, I love Jackie Brown, personally, however it is the only Tarantino film that bores the hell out of me, only after two viewings. Films like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, I can literally watch hundreds of times.

[quote]

Anyway, I love Jackie Brown, personally, however it is the only Tarantino film that bores the hell out of me, only after two viewings.  Films like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, I can literally watch hundreds of times.[/quote]

Why is that? What is it about Jackie Brown that you think is worse than the other QT films? What’s weaker? (And don’t just say it has less action or violence)

I disagree about Jackie Brown not being that good for repeat viewings. On the contrary, I think the movie gets better and better every time you see it. The characters are so rich and developed that it’s difficult to catch their charm after just one or two viewings.

[quote]I disagree about Jackie Brown not being that good for repeat viewings. On the contrary, I think the movie gets better and better every time you see it. The characters are so rich and developed that it’s difficult to catch their charm after just one or two viewings.[/quote]

I agree. I think alot of people cant watch anything without ACTION ACTION ACTION, thats why when films like Jackie Brown come along, they “get bored”. Ya gotta get into the groove of the movie. Jackie Brown is a kick back n chill type movie, not an action adventure film. A perfect film to sip a drink and watch.

Ive seen it many times and everytime I watch it, I enjoy it more because I like the characters and I like watching the filmmaking process take place. The acting, the way QT set up the different shots, the music etc. Its all good holmes.

[quote]

I agree. I think alot of people cant watch anything without ACTION ACTION ACTION, thats why when films like Jackie Brown come along, they “get bored”. Ya gotta get into the groove of the movie. Jackie Brown is a kick back n chill type movie, not an action adventure film. A perfect film to sip a drink and watch.

Ive seen it many times and everytime I watch it, I enjoy it more because I like the characters and I like watching the filmmaking process take place. The acting, the way QT set up the different shots, the music etc. Its all good holmes.

[/quote]

I know what you mean. I tend to watch Jackie Brown during lunch hours. Its a great movie to lay back and watch while alone, and doing nothing in particular.