Sam Jackson: Better in PF or JB?

I say JB by FAR! Now don’t get me wrong, he was really good in PF, but look at his Ordell character again in JB…Dude produces a range of emotions here:

1. I love when he and DeNiro are on the couch while he’s doing his whole thing on the guns he’s gonna sell, and he just flips it ICE-COLD on Melanie when she doesn’t get the phone…“Girl, don’t make me put my foot up your ass.”

2. When he finds out Louis fucked up with the cash transaction and he shoots him, Ordell’s actually seems sorry for shooting the man…"What the fuck happened to you man? Shit, your ass used to be beautiful!"

So, yeah…What do ya’ll think, better performance in PF or JB?

Jackie brown my ass!!! Jules is much better. And I don’t like Samuel L. Jackson with a pony tail…it’s disturbing

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
Jackie brown my ass!!! Jules is much better. And I don’t like Samuel L. Jackson with a pony tail…it’s disturbing
[/quote]

very very disturbing.

tie, yet Jackie Brown takes the upperhand a little bit

Definitley Jackie. In pulp hes not much of a charecture so much as a tool to deliver dialogue where as in Jackie he really comes off as a fleshed out person.

Pulp Fiction is definitely the film that he is most famous for. But Jackie Brown is a character study and if it is about his performance then a character study is obviously the better vehicle. I would have to say Jackie Brown performance wise. Pulp Fiction is a better film because of other stuff and because Jackson was supposed to be like that to make the film work the way it was meant to.

he was better in pulp fiction than he was in jackie brown.

He steals the show in both movies.

He is excellent in both movies but I prefer him in Jackie Brown that little bit more!

Pulp

The Jerry-Curl sheen, the black suit, the .45, the Bad Mother Fucker wallet…what more do I have to say.

Jules didn’t have a .45 in Pulp Fiction. He had a 9mm protecting his righteous ass. In fact it was a Star Model B 9mm to be exact (http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/PulpFiction). Why didn’t he use a .45? “Cause a .45 has a serious jammin’ problem”…a 9mm is practically the same gun and it ain’t got half the jamming problems. Anyways, Performance-wise, i’d say he was better in Jackie Brown, but only because the part he played called for more than in Pulp Fiction.

[quote=“JohnnyTightLips”]
Jules didn’t have a .45 in Pulp Fiction. He had a 9mm protecting his righteous ass. In fact it was a Star Model B 9mm to be exact (http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/PulpFiction). Why didn’t he use a .45? “Cause a .45 has a serious jammin’ problem”…a 9mm is practically the same gun and it ain’t got half the jamming problems. Anyways, Performance-wise, i’d say he was better in Jackie Brown, but only because the part he played called for more than in Pulp Fiction.
[/quote]
You’re right…it was mister 9mm.

it should have been a .45 that 9mm is for pussies!

I think he was simply mind-blowing in both films, but if I had to choose, I’d say Jackie Brown. I thought Ordell was a bit, ONLY A BIT, more interesting than Jules. But he was still wonderful in Pulp.

[quote=“Scarface”]
He steals the show in both movies.
[/quote]

Yeah. You hit the nail right on the head.

Yeah, He’s great at playing QT characters full stop.

Pulp Fiction.

Hell, Pulp Fiction is the best acting Sam has ever done.

[quote=“Not the Admin”]
Pulp Fiction.

Hell, Pulp Fiction is the best acting Sam has ever done.
[/quote]

True, true.

he great in both but his character (Ordell) had more depth in jackie brown or at least thats what i think

Pulp Fiction. My favorite movie with Samuel Jackson.

Jackie Brown. Much subtler. No flashy lines to ruin the mood.