A question about Max Cherry

Remember when Max Cherry (Robert Forster) wanted to see a movie that “starts soon and looks good”? Well you see him walk out of the theatre, and the movie credit’s music is still going…

What movie did he walk out of? Is it a real movie, or did QT just put in some fake credit music that’s not real…

When I heard that music, it sounded like a Western theme or something. Im not sure what movie its from, or if its from an actual movie or not.

Check the end credits on the dvd.

According to the “Trivia Track” on the DVD, the music playing in the background is actually a piece of music from the JACKIE BROWN closing credits. Can’t believe you didn’t know that Vic…

M.W.

It’s on the soundtrack. Last song.

Yeah, it’s called “MonteCarlo Nights”. Great song!

[quote]   According to the “Trivia Track” on the DVD, the music playing in the background is actually a piece of music from the JACKIE BROWN closing credits.  Can’t believe you didn’t know that Vic…

M.W.[/quote]

I have the DVD, I just didnt know that was the song. I havent watched the trivia track recently so I forgot about it. Jeez.

[quote]

I have the DVD, I just didnt know that was the song. I havent watched the trivia track recently so I forgot about it. Jeez.
[/quote]

I wasn't gettin' down on you or anything.  Quite the contrary.  You're the all-knowing m.f.-er around here.  Any time someone has a question like that, you're quick with the correct response.  It just surprised me that that one slipped past ya.  That's all.  Later.<br/>

M.W.

Wait, if the movie’s credit’s music was from the Jackie Brown’s movie credits, does this mean Max Cherry actually saw the movie “Jackie Brown”? If this isn’t nutsplitting speculation then I don’t know what is. If he saw “Jackie Brown” then he would know what would happen in the future, right? Is this why he wasn’t scared to die when he was with Ordell at the end, because he knew he wasn’t gonna die? Anyone else have an opinion? I’m goin’ crazy here!

[quote]Wait, if the movie’s credit’s music was from the Jackie Brown’s movie credits, does this mean Max Cherry actually saw the movie “Jackie Brown”? If this isn’t nutsplitting speculation then I don’t know what is. If he saw “Jackie Brown” then he would know what would happen in the future, right? Is this why he wasn’t scared to die when he was with Ordell at the end, because he knew he wasn’t gonna die? Anyone else have an opinion? I’m goin’ crazy here! [/quote]

Thats a really cool theory. I never thought of that.

But when Max comes out of the movie, you can see a few movie posters on the wall, Jackie Browns isnt there. I dont think he saw Jackie Brown at the movies. I still think “Monte Carlo Nights” sounds like a Western theme.

[quote]Wait, if the movie’s credit’s music was from the Jackie Brown’s movie credits, does this mean Max Cherry actually saw the movie “Jackie Brown”? If this isn’t nutsplitting speculation then I don’t know what is. If he saw “Jackie Brown” then he would know what would happen in the future, right? Is this why he wasn’t scared to die when he was with Ordell at the end, because he knew he wasn’t gonna die? Anyone else have an opinion? I’m goin’ crazy here! [/quote]SHIT!!! Dead_Nigga_Storage you read my mind! I thought of the same exact theory from the very first time I saw the movie! (The music theme of the movie, Max watched, stucked in my head, so when I saw the end credits, I immediately thought of something like that, and after many viewings I came up to THAT theory!) I always forgot to post it here, but considering that QT goes ‘‘surreal’’ 8) at times (Pulp) and the fact that Max’s secretary (forgot his name) asks him ‘‘What movie you’re gonna see?’’ and Max responds ‘‘A good one’’ and doesn’t name it (usually QT’s characters quote movies in their dialogues) I think you can kinda ‘‘count :wink:’’ on that ‘‘surreal’’ theory! Fascinating stuff!!

But propably it’s another Tarantino ‘‘game’’, just to puzzle the audience’s mind, just like he did many times 3 years earlier! 8)!

This is my first post. Thanks Sebastian for constantly seeking and sharing QT info, particularly Kill Bill. Great job!!!

I will set up my profile later. For now, I wanted to answer Dead_nigga_storage mystery about the movie within the movie.

Max Cherry went to see “Pulp Fiction” at the Delamo mall. Yup, a clip of the same music was use in “Jackie Brown” end credits, as well. The same end credits music (longer version) was used in “Pulp Fiction.” Max is in Elmore Leonard’s universe and wouldn’t be doing loop the loop in the space time continum, as you have deduced. That’s a bit of science fiction, don’t you think :wink:

[quote] Max Cherry went to see “Pulp Fiction” at the Delamo mall.  Yup, a clip of the same music was use in “Jackie Brown” end credits, as well.  The same end credits music (longer version) was used in “Pulp Fiction.” Max is in Elmore Leonard’s universe and wouldn’t be doing loop the loop in the space time continum, as you have deduced. That’s a bit of science fiction, don’t you think  :wink:[/quote]

Sorry, but thats not correct. The first end credits music in Pulp Fiction is Surf Rider by The Lively Ones.

The first end credits song in Jackie Brown is a reprise of Across 110th Street. Then I think Monte Carlo Nights plays after that.

I acknowledge, I am wrong. Monte Carlo Nights is the same music when Max walked out the theater. I thought it was different.

It would have been fun to have the “Pulp Fiction” reference, but I guess it would have been too easy to figure out.

So, does the theory stand or not? Did Max see “Jackie Brown”??

Hmm…?

[quote]So, does the theory stand or not? Did Max see “Jackie Brown”??[/quote]

Did you ever go to a movie and saw yourself on screen, the protagonist of the movie no less? And if that ever happened, would you get out of the theatre all cool and relaxed as if you had seen nothing? And if Max really did see “Jackie Brown”, wouldn’t he be less hesitant in the end to let Jackie go? He would’ve seen her crying at the end of the movie, you would think he would do something about it when it actually happened. Does all this thread make any sense at all?

What, is it illegal to have a little fun around here? Do we have to be so fucking serious all the time? Now without someone farting up the thread, what movie did he see already? Pulp Fiction? Jackie Brown? Monte Carlo Nights? some random western? what is it??

It isn’t anything! It is a Tarantino game like those he did in Pulp Fiction! That’s all! Maybe he thought it would be cool to put the movie’s ending music credits in that scene to confuse and play with the (carefull) audience! No more, no less 8)!

[quote]What, is it illegal to have a little fun around here? Do we have to be so fucking serious all the time? Now without someone farting up the thread, what movie did he see already? Pulp Fiction? Jackie Brown? Monte Carlo Nights? some random western? what is it??[/quote]

Don’t you think that after 15 replies we would have told you if we knew the fuckin’ answer? You don’t have to repeat the question 100 fuckin’ times. Believe what you want to believe.

[quote]

Don’t you think that after 15 replies we would have told you if we knew the fuckin’ answer? You don’t have to repeat the question 100 fuckin’ times. Believe what you want to believe. [/quote]

That’s what you wrote, what does that mean? blah-blah-blah-blah-blah… Look man, don’t get in a hissy fit about it, it’s not your fucking life on the line, if you feel like trashing someone’s thread so you can bitch at someone, by all means do it, but not in mine. Do it in your own thread. We don’t need a fucking nuclear war, we’re just havin a little speculation, excuuuuuuuse me… ::slight_smile: