You catch a nigger off guard with this shit

First of all I love this movie. The more I watch it the more I love it.

On the DVD, Tarantino talks about the ad lib line (“You catch a nigger off guard with this shit”) that Chris Tucker (Beaumont) delivers when he and Ordell are discussing him gettting into the truck of the car.

After he delivers this line about 2 seconds later you will see/hear Samual L. Jackson giggle at the ad lib but continue his lines. This is the funniest part of the movie for me now.

so… that’s a goof? I gotta rewatch that scene… oh that reminds me that I don’t own the DVD yet (folks, keep supporting my amazon program)…

it’s cool that you bring that up.

I liked Tucker’s role in Jackie Brown a lot.

Definitely a funny ass line of dialogue. I heard that QT was crouched down off camera right next to Sam and Chris when he delivered the line and he started cracking up, I think thats why Sam started chuckling after Chris said it.

QT is famous for laughing in the middle of takes and yelling stuff when the actors do an awesome take.

On the JB DVD, I really liked when QT was explaining how he went to the Magic Johnson Theater in LA or wherever and he just spent the whole week watching Jackie Brown with the black audiences and seeing their reactions. Very cool :slight_smile:

I liked when he said from the trunk “you ponytail wearing muthafucka!” The whole trunk scene was funny as hell.

Yeah - Chris Tucker is a funny fucker but I think he said:

You catch a nigga off guard with this shit

-------

Nigger is said by a Klu Klux Klan dress wearing faggot

[quote]Yeah - Chris Tucker is a funny fucker but I think he said:

You catch a nigga off guard with this shit

-------

Nigger is said by a Klu Klux Klan dress wearing faggot[/quote]

Ugh…don’t scream racism or nuthin dude…it’s the same fucking word. Just like “muthafucka” is the same word as "mutherfucker"

I’m sure if a Ku Klu Klan called me a “nigga” I’d be just as offended.

i didn’t know he ad libbed that line. now it makes it more funny! ;D

[quote]I liked when he said from the trunk “you ponytail wearing muthafucka!”  The whole trunk scene was funny as hell.

[/quote]

I like the ponytail line. That was adlibbed too, yes?

Yep, Samuel Jackson tries to suppress a laugh but you can still catch it. I’m glad QT left that take in there because it’s even funnier.

I also liked it when Samuel calls Beaumont a peanut-head. lol

Yeah that is a terrific scene. I ll go watch it to see Sam Jacksons reaction.

Funny shit but would it be so funny if a white guy said

"You catch a white boy off guard with this shit"

Just a pet peeve but i hate bein in the cinema and hearin eddie murphy or martin lawrence sayin nigger and it gettin laughs from teenage black kids. the white kids seem scared to laugh at it y’know

[quote]Funny shit but would it be so funny if a white guy said

Just a pet peeve but i hate bein in the cinema and hearin eddie murphy or martin lawrence sayin nigger and it gettin laughs from teenage black kids. the white kids seem scared to laugh at it y’know[/quote]

You go to watch Martin Lawrence flicks at the theater? What the fuck is wrong with you?

;D

[quote]Funny shit but would it be so funny if a white guy said

Just a pet peeve but i hate bein in the cinema and hearin eddie murphy or martin lawrence sayin nigger and it gettin laughs from teenage black kids. the white kids seem scared to laugh at it y’know[/quote]

So? Fuck them white boys. You can laugh at whatever the hell you want. Don’t be afraid of black people. They’ll only steal your shit when you’re not lookin.

And they don’t pay you back when you loan them money.

[quote]Definitely a funny ass line of dialogue. I heard that QT was crouched down off camera right next to Sam and Chris when he delivered the line and he started cracking up, I think thats why Sam started chuckling after Chris said it.

QT is famous for laughing in the middle of takes and yelling stuff when the actors do an awesome take.

On the JB DVD, I really liked when QT was explaining how he went to the Magic Johnson Theater in LA or wherever and he just spent the whole week watching Jackie Brown with the black audiences and seeing their reactions. Very cool :slight_smile:[/quote]

i think it was in New York, yeah i love that interview, love the way how he keeps calling Robert De Niro ‘Bob’ like he’s his best friend

[quote]First of all I love this movie.  The more I watch it the more I love it. ÂÂ

On the DVD, Tarantino talks about the ad lib line (“You catch a nigger off guard with this shit”) that Chris Tucker (Beaumont) delivers when he and Ordell are discussing him gettting into the truck of the car.

After he delivers this line about 2 seconds later you will see/hear Samual L. Jackson giggle at the ad lib but continue his lines.  This is the funniest part of the movie for me now.[/quote]

Where the fuck is that scene??? I just watched JB rented, but it didn’t have a trunk scene? ??? Where the hell was that??

How could you have missed the trunk scene?? That was the best part! I used to play that scene over and over just to watch lil’ Chris Tucker get his stupid ass shot. Man I hate Chris Tucker. What a fucker.

It’s just after the part where Ordell goes to Beaumonts place. He then tells him to get into the car boot.

It’s so cool when Ordell gets into the car, proceeds to put his glove on and that Strawberry Letter 23 plays. when I first watched JB I thought that after we see Ordell driving off into the distance that the next scene will come on, or it will cut back to someone else or something but it was so cool how the camera rises and we can see more of the neighbourhood and we see Ordell just turn into that place on the right of the screen, it is just so artistic. When Ordell opens the trunk and shoots Beaumont i just got shocked, man it was perfect that whole scene how it came together. But the dramaticness (is that a word?) of that scene would not be present had that scene with Ordell and Max Cherry not taken place aswell as that scene between Ordell and Beaumont pryor to this.

[quote] Man I hate Chris Tucker. What a fucker.[/quote]

WRONG!