If QT had'nt made Jackie Brown

Okay boys and gentlemen, I wanna know!

If Quentin Tarantino had’nt directed Jackie Brown (however it was still exactly the same film), would you still watch it as much as you do? Would it of been such a mainstream hit?

It’s deffinetley Quentin’s worst (Haven’t you noticed how we never talk about it? We talk about inglorios bastards more, and that has’nt even been finalised yet!). So what do you think?

it’s not QT’s worsed, QT hasen’t got a worse

yes i would still watch it as much as i do now, if it was exacly the same movie, why not?

and i don’t know if jackie brown was a “real mainstream hit”, it wasn’t a world wide succes, was it

and i love jackie brown, i wish people would talk about it more, its a masterpiece

I love Jackie Brown but theres not so much to talk about it.

The first time I watched Jackie Brown I basically thought it was shit. Upon repeat viewings I began to like it more and more and I now think it is better than RD. Many people don’t like it because it is not your typical QT-movie. However, many people love it because there is a lot of characterisation which many thought QT lacked in his other films. People view JB as a more mature film from QT, and think it is his bect movie and is a masterpiece. From what I have heard and read about peoples views and opinions of JAckie Brown, I have to say that it is a love it or hate it film. I myself now love it. At one stage I liked it more than Kill Bill.

Off topic, whilst writing this I have just realised that once I thought Kill Bill was not as good as his other films, and Kill Bill didn’t even make it to my top 10 films. I felt after watching both volumes that it didn’t touch PF or RD. Now I love the film and it is currently my number 5 best film of all time. Is this right??

[quote=“Ify”]
Is this right??
[/quote]

Oh yes it is. I myself know exactly what you mean. I didn’t like the original Dawn of the Dead when I first saw it. Now today I love it and was willing to pay 70 Euros to get my hands on the ultimate edition.

And i didn’t like PF when I first saw it. And JB, and…

But I loved KB Vol.1 first time i saw it.

Vol.2 i loved too, but the 2nd viewing was even better.

JB is one of the better adaption of a novel.

And as some of you know Mr. Leonard is very critical of adaption of his novels but he said JB is a brilliant work.

The same to me… it has so much depth and it’s own whay to indroduce and increace the character’s.

You have to watch this movie not the way you watch PF or even KB.

[quote=“Bexi”]
Okay boys and gentlemen, I wanna know!

If Quentin Tarantino had’nt directed Jackie Brown (however it was still exactly the same film), would you still watch it as much as you do? Would it of been such a mainstream hit?

It’s deffinetley Quentin’s worst (Haven’t you noticed how we never talk about it? We talk about inglorios bastards more, and that has’nt even been finalised yet!). So what do you think?
[/quote]

what a bunch of bullshit 8)

Next to Kill Bill, Jackie Brown is the one QT film that I could watch over and over and never get sick of it. The only thing I didn’t like is that I wished the confrontation between Ordell and Jackie at the end would have been longer, in order to build up some tension and make it more exciting. I liked this alot the first time, but like most QT films (and usually movies in general), I fell in love with it the 2nd time.

I watch Jackie Brown more often than Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction put together. It’s a GREAT movie. But the thing about it is you have to watch the whole thing from beginning to end in order to enjoy it. It’s not like QT’s other films where you can enjoy each section individually like a song on a record. And the third act is probably the best I’ve ever experienced in a film. But you’ll need to to watch the first two acts in order to get the full emotional impact of the third. Awesome movie.

All I’m saying is that Jackie Brown isn’t up to the same standard as PF, KB or RD.

I actually keep JB on my dvd rack with all the shit dvds (e.g. Hugh Grant and Meg Ryan rubbish) becuase I can’t bear to put it with the cool dvd’s.

Jackie Brown, to me, is not a Quentin Tarantino film :’(

[quote=“Bexi”]
Jackie Brown, to me, is not a Quentin Tarantino film :’(
[/quote]

are you on drugs or what, bexi?? just because there’s no big kahuna burgers and surf music you think its not a tarantino film.

GUESS WHAT, it’s a tarantino film!!!

[quote=“Bexi”]

Jackie Brown, to me, is not a Quentin Tarantino film :’(
[/quote]

ouch, that hurt

Bexi, to me, is not a Quentin Tarantino fan

[quote=“Bexi”]
 All I’m saying is that Jackie Brown isn’t up to the same standard as PF, KB or RD.

I actually keep JB on my dvd rack with all the shit dvds (e.g. Hugh Grant and Meg Ryan rubbish) becuase I can’t bear to put it with the cool dvd’s.

Jackie Brown, to me, is not a Quentin Tarantino film :’(
[/quote]

i’m astounded to hear this, i love Jackie Brown. i can’t believe you put it with your "shit dvds"

my own opinion of the movie is that it’s phenomenal. in the realm of QT movies, i like it 100x better than Res Dogs :-</E>

those are just my humble opinions, of course, everyone is entitled to their own

although to hate Jackie Brown so much is just amazing to me scratches head

???

I’m not being sexest, but do you think that this may be a gender thing?

The only people angry at what I’m saying are men, where as no girls have replied!

P.S. I’am a girl

A female - male thing? Holy shit, I´m very happy, that it is not…

[quote]If Quentin Tarantino had’nt directed Jackie Brown (however it was still exactly the same film), would you still watch it as much as you do?[/quote]

What does it means?
Do you really think that someone is that stupid that he loves a movie for the creater? I like the creator for the movies.
I mean, if I would dislike a movie of Qt, I would say it. Why not?
There are many, many movies I like a lot: old movies, silent movies, new movies, sometime mainstream movies. I watch a movie and then I decide.
The great thing with QT is that I find every movie he did, is a great movie. And I have high hopes for IB. Of course I will see the movie, cuz it is a QT movie. And this guy never disappointed me till now.
But I only see a movie several time cuz it is a good move - at least for me..

To say, that you don´t like JB is okay, cuz it is your personal taste, Bexi. And that for you it is the weakest movie of him is oaky too.
But to think that there are people out there, who see a movie several times only for the creator is is not right.

People see JB, cuz it is a good movie, that´s it.

And I didn´t replied, cuz enough people replied before.
And there are enough explainations here, so I thought, there is no need for me to replay too.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale2”]
it’s not QT’s worsed, QT hasen’t got a worse
[/quote]

::slight_smile: Course he has, and it was called Jackie Brown

Bollocks!

Quentin’s worst was My Best Friend’s Birthday

get it straight!

[quote=“Johny_Exhale2”]
Bollocks!
[/quote]

If anyone else had have made Jackie Brown, you’d have called it shit.