What is Ordell saying here...?

After Ordell shoots Louis, he says something to him that people quote differently. I’d like to know what he actually says.

“Your ass used to be beautiful.”

“Our ass used to be beautiful.”

"Her ass used to be beautiful."

or what my sister thought, which had me cracking up,

"All I asked you was to be beautiful."

Which of these does he say? I think its the second one.

Your ass used to be beautiful.

If I remember correctly.

Our asses used to be beautiful.

"Her ass used to be beautiful"

I’m 100% on this as i checked on the DVD whilst subtitles were on!!!

“What the hell happened to you man? YOUR ass used to be beautiful”.

Ordell is saying that to Louis because he can see how fucked up Louis got from being in jail.

I even though it was “YOUR ass used to be beautiful” and i used to allways tell people about that scene and tell them what Ordell says after he shot Louis. So i posted that, then i decided to check, and went downstairs to check on my DVD and i put subtitles on and even tried to see how Ordell moves his mouth to see if that is what he says, but on the subtitles it said “HER ass used to be beautiful” so realising i was wrong i came back on to my PC and edited my post!

maybe the subs were wrong? coz it makes no sense to say ‘her ass used to be beautiful’ at that point, maybe if he said it earlier than fine, but they had moved on from talking about surfer gal and onto the switch. so unless he was referring to jackie brown that line makes no sense, esp since he says “what happened to you, man?” just before it

yeah i guess he could have been referring to jackie and asking what happened to him as in ‘how could you fuck up like that?’

He says “her ass used to be beautiful”.

After shooting Louis, he was referring to him shooting Melanie.

It also goes back to when Ordell said “She’s not as pretty (beautiful?) as she used to be…”

nope, the subtitles are wrong, i think.

in the novel ‘rum punch’ it says ‘your ass’

I just rewatched that scene again and it actually sounds like he’s saying: OUR ASS used to be beautiful.

Its either YOUR or OUR, but its definitely not HER.

Why would Ordell shoot Louis point blank and then say: What happened to you man? HER ASS USED TO BE BEAUTIFUL? lol.

exactly.

WHen I watched it, that’s what I got out of it.

Ordell was still pissed about him shooting Melanie.

From the script:

ORDELL

What the fuck happened to you, man? Shit, your ass use’ta be

beautiful.

yeh it makes more sense if it is “Your” and i believe that and so the subtitles must be wrong!!

I always thought it was “your” ass. After all, he IS talking to Louis.

Or he could have said “our”, meaning they were once good friends. It sounds like some cold blooded shit to say before he kills someone .  :wink:

I always thought he said “our” and not “your”. If he says “your ass” is makes them sound like gay lovers.  ;D

[quote]From the script:

ORDELL

What the fuck happened to you, man? Shit, your ass use’ta be

beautiful.
[/quote]

I bet if you check every script ever writen against the films. All of them would have difference between what was written and what was actually said.

Someone should ask Mr. Tarantino about this, instead of those other lame questions he gets asked in interviews!!

[quote]Someone should ask Mr. Tarantino about this, instead of those other lame questions he gets asked in interviews!![/quote]

^^That would be a lame question.

What actors do you have in mind for IB? What’s your plans for summer? What movies are you producing? When are you planning on making the Kill Bill dvd SE? Are you doing a commentary? --those are not lame questions.

What did Ordel say to Louis in the van? Your ass or our ass? —that’s a LAME FUCKIN QUESTION, ify.

Exactly ;D

moron