Simply Boring?

I watched this movie for the second time and realised how truly boring this movie was.Then again,except for Out of Sight, Elmore Leonard movies for me were always “average” but this one has to be the worst.

Now don’t get me wrong, RD and PF are some of my favorite crime films and I know I was going to get an “Elmore Leonard” crime film instead of a Quentin Tarantino crime film but man,watching this 2 1/2 hr movie was hard work. At least with Get Shorty and Out of Sight, I actually cared about the characters, but here it’s just a bunch of 1 dimensional characters running around doing nothing…

Don’t speak ill of Jackie Brown foo

I couldn’t diagree with you more Kkurtho5. I felt that Jackie Brown was a multifaceted character; she was a strong, independent woman torn between her independence and a man. Max Cherry is one of the deepest characters to come out of QT & EL. And DeNiro just kicks ass.

Right. You just hate Jackie Brown because it doesn’t have explosions or being overdosing or people getting slice vertically in half. It’s a wonderful brilliant character-study on people that are getting older and don’t exactly know how to deal with it. It’s mediocre at worst at first glance, but you realize how flingin flanging awesome this fucking is later. It ages like wine I tellz ya. Jackie Brown is a sweetass movie, asshole, and dontcha forget it.

I mean COME ON, it has Robert DeNiro in it!

so does the adventures of rocky and bullwinkle.

but jackie brown is wonderful

Jackie Brown is great, it has one of the greatest movie quotes ever -'Wanna fuck?'

Yeah, JB kicks ass!

Jackie Brown has great characters and quotes, but is my least favourite QT film.

Ordell: TEC-9? They advertise it as being the most popular gun in American crime. Can you believe that shit? It actually says that on the little booklet that comes with it. “Most Popular Gun in American Crime,” like they’re proud of that shit.

[quote]Right. You just hate Jackie Brown because it doesn’t have explosions or being overdosing or people getting slice vertically in half. It’s a wonderful brilliant character-study on people that are getting older and don’t exactly know how to deal with it. It’s mediocre at worst at first glance, but you realize how flingin flanging awesome this fucking is later. It ages like wine I tellz ya. Jackie Brown is a sweetass movie, asshole, and dontcha forget it.

I mean COME ON, it has Robert DeNiro in it![/quote]

Don't give me that bullshit.If you cared to read my original post I said that I knew watching this, it would be more in Elmore Leonard's world than Quentin Tarantino's hence no ODing and people getting sliced in half etc. At the end of the day this movie sucked. I mean Jesus,did Robert DeNiro or Bridget Fonda even have a purpose in this movie?

And Mr.Translucent you may have an argument there with Jackie Brown (which I still kinda disagree with) but everybody else there had the dimension of a card board cut-out...

Character Development? What character development? Oh, Tarantino was so greatly subtle with it, a mere peasant like myself couldn’t pick up on it. ::slight_smile:

Like I said, a card-board cut out could have replaced Robert Deniro 's and Bridget Fonda’s characters and no-one would have noticed…and Sam Jackson wasn’t even all that in this movie.All he was doing was saying nigga this and motherfucka that…basically a cariacture of his Jules Whinnfield character…

[quote]Jackie Brown has great characters and quotes, but is my least favourite QT film.[/quote]

That is what I think, as well. It did not leave that much of an impact on me as much as the other Quentin films. I plan on seeing it again, maybe a second time will change my mind.

i havent seen it yet. but it was on tv. i almost watched it but i figured watching it edited would suck

[quote]
well transulcent coverd jackie, max cherry was a guy also conflicted with his responsiblity to help people out through his bails bonds business ( i mean, the guy didnt just do his job, from the young people he was helping out on the phone to jackie, its seemed like he was doing something good) and just retiring. ÂÂ

He was a foil for Jackson’s character, some guy who would not let anything get in the way of his retirement.  Jackson’s character didnt know what the fuck he was talking about, just what he over heard, as opposed to max cherry, who knew his shit.

as for deniro’s character, i thought he did a good job in portraying some loser that comes out of prison, completely out of it, cant even get inside a car without assistance.  the beauty of his character is that he’s suppose to be a card board cut out, he’s been in prison long enough that he forgot how to live without people giving him orders.

bridget fonda was really good at playing the sassy, dumb bitch.  i dunno, just the little things she does annoys the shit out ME, so i thought it was pretty convincing.  she was kinda like the foil for jackie, since she tries to seduce these guys to go against jackson’s character, but in the end, she cant even hold her own.  a slap to the face would shut her up.  she lacks jackie’s wits and guts.[/quote]

well done MaHnIgGaBeAuMoNt,

Kkurtho5, you say this movie has one dimensinal charecters?

I think it has the most complex charecters of QT’s movies.

Ordel is more compelling to me than Jules,

Jackie Brown is an awsome Female lead. She is about to face Prison and lose her only crapy job she can get, until she rises up to the occasion and finds away to keep her ass out of trouble(but taking a big risk)and get away with alot of money, and it’s not like she was confident throught the whole movie either, she had her doubts that were shone throught the movie.

[quote]

Don’t give me that bullshit.If you cared to read my original post I said that I knew watching this, it would be more in Elmore Leonard’s world than Quentin Tarantino’s hence no ODing and people getting sliced in half etc. At the end of the day this movie sucked. I mean Jesus,did Robert DeNiro or Bridget Fonda even have a purpose in this movie?

[/quote]

You're a fucktard. Just because you disagree with me does not mean my opinion is bullshit. I think my opinion is pretty well represented and justified. You just don't quite understand Jackie Brown. If people say "it's not everyone" then do the math....ITS NOT FOR YOU. That's nice if you think it's boring.

[quote]

At the end of the day this movie sucked. I mean Jesus,did Robert DeNiro or Bridget Fonda even have a purpose in this movie? (…) everybody else there had the dimension of a card board cut-out…[/quote]

Either you are kidding or you are stupid.

I think it’s the latter.

[quote]

You’re a fucktard. Just because you disagree with me does not mean my opinion is bullshit. I think my opinion is pretty well represented and justified. You just don’t quite understand Jackie Brown. If people say “it’s not everyone” then do the math…ITS NOT FOR YOU. That’s nice if you think it’s boring.
[/quote]

It’s obvious reading isn’t one of your strengths…Never did I say your opinion is bullshit,I was referring to you saying that just because this movie doesn’t have explosions  etc. that I wouldn’t enjoy it, which is TOTAL bullshit…and never once have I called you any names so please stop trying to act like a tough guy over the internet where noone can see each other cuz it’s gay as hell…

[quote]

well done MaHnIgGaBeAuMoNt,

Kkurtho5, you say this movie has one dimensinal charecters?

I think it has the most complex charecters of QT’s movies.[/quote]

Forget Tarantino’s movies I’m talking about movies in general…

while it def aint exciting i wouldnt say its boring as in a shit film, id say its just real slow moving

its a proper adults movie, reminds me of the type of films they show at daytime on channel 5. like the bit where max goes and buys the delfonics tape coz he wants to be into the same stuff as jackie brown, its really touching - but it aint really what you want out of tarantino. though he is better off for making this movie, career wise, its a totally mature movie compared to pulp which is exciting and fun to watch

surfer girl and de niro have the best scenes, what a way to go!

Woot, I finally got around to watching Jackie Brown, From Dusk til Dawn, blablabla.

I wasn’t really expecting anything from JB. It’s just not QT at his best, that’s all. I just won’t be re-watching this with the same religious fervour as PF, RS and KB.

Nah. This movie is great.