The Switch

I was just wondering if anyone had read “The Switch” In wich Melanie, Ordell Robbie, and Louis Gara appear for the 1st time. and i think it was the book Quentin got in trouble for stealing.

I haven’t read the book, but that is the one that QT’s mom grounded him from stealing from K-Mart when he was a kid.

[quote]I was just wondering if anyone had read “The Switch” In wich Melanie, Ordell Robbie, and Louis Gara appear for the 1st time. and i think it was the book Quentin got in trouble for stealing.[/quote]

what?

[quote]

what?[/quote]

"The Switch" is an Elmore Leonard book which is a sort of prequel to "Rum Punch". I haven't read it yet though.

ohh. Because for a second there I was like, damn how many times is QT gonna ripoff something, I hear it way too much.

i dont think he rips anything off. i admit he borrows, but he adds his own creative spin on what he takes. the ideas he borrows serve as inspiration for his artistic vision.

I just finished re-reading The Switch after not having read it in a L O N G time. It’s a damn good book. In fact, it might be better than Rum Punch. I’m gonna re-read RP and see. Either way, The Switch should be required reading.

[quote]i dont think he rips anything off. i admit he borrows, but he adds his own creative spin on what he takes. the ideas he borrows serve as inspiration for his artistic vision.[/quote]

No no no. Haha, they’re talking about a book that he LITERALLY stole. He started reading it in a Kmart or something and he liked it so much he accidentally walked out of the store with it.

dont know the book “the switch” but have heard of ‘‘rum punch’’

btw has anyone really thought about that switch in the movie? that was incredibly complicated!

i mean honestly could anyone of you sit down and think of something this complicated??? its absolute genius, i actually thought about it for awhile and was dumbfounded! it is genius

[quote=“Chiaki Kuriyama”]
dont know the book “the switch” but have heard of ‘‘rum punch’’

btw has anyone really thought about that switch in the movie? that was incredibly complicated!

i mean honestly could anyone of you sit down and think of something this complicated??? its absolute genius, i actually thought about it for  awhile and was dumbfounded! it is genius
[/quote]

It really is pure genius, amazing work.

. . . yes, i read the switch when i went through my elmore leonard phase when jackie brown came out. it’s great the way tarantino turns his fans on to cool shit like the works of elmore leonard and the enzo and sonny chiba, etc. the switch is one of elmore leonard’s better works that i’ve read and i’ve always thought it should be adapted as a jackie brown prequel allowing the return of the great de niro and jackson characters . . .