Tarantino anticipates retirement :O

Director QUENTIN TARANTINO is planning to retire from Hollywood at the age of 60 - to become a writer. The Pulp Fiction moviemaker hopes to make the most of his remaining 16 years in the film industry before he embarks on a quieter life. He says, “I don’t intend to direct past the age of 60, then I will become a novelist in my twilight years.”

Maybe he will become a writer, but I think it’s just as likely that he will continue to work in films after the age of 60, if only to prove to himself and/or others that he still can do it.

He also said he may run a movie theater in some small town and host film screenings. If he does, Ill definitely visit and say hello. :slight_smile:

I have a feeling that he wont quit cause he always has new ideas that he wants to do.

QT says a lot of things.

QTs theory about how directors get worse as they get older really doesnt hold water. Just because youre older doesnt mean you cant make great movies. They dont have to be super violent to be great.

Yeah take Kurasawa he was at least 70 when he directed Ran and Kagemusha.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
He also said he may run a movie theater in some small town and host film screenings. If he does, Ill definitely visit and say hello. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

if he does i’ll move there 8)

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar … nt_1043529”>http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/tarantino%20anticipates%20retirement_1043529</LINK_TEXT>

I think it’s a bunch of bullshit. I think he’ll make movies as long as he has fun doing it, be that until he’s 57 or 71…

I don’t know somehow I see Quentin dying in a tragic way. I don’t think he’ll make it past 60, he just seems so wreckless.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I don’t know somehow I see Quentin dying in a tragic way. I don’t think he’ll make it past 60, he just seems so wreckless.
[/quote]

If Keith Richards made it, QT can make it too.

QT sure has a great thing going. Makes awesome films he writes/produces/directs himself, has fun traveling, meeting people, gets all kinds of awards, then retires and becomes a novelist? Life couldnt be much sweeter for an artist.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
I think it’s a bunch of bullshit. I think he’ll make movies as long as he has fun doing it, be that until he’s 57 or 71…
[/quote]

i think you are right. you cannot predict those kind of things in advance. when jacky brown got released he said “my next film will be a war film and it will be called Inglorious bastards”

[quote=“Scarface”]
If Keith Richards made it, QT can make it too.
[/quote]

lol very true

Keith Richards was wayyyyy more wreckless than QT has ever been.

[quote=“Scarface”]
QT says a lot of things.
[/quote]

Thats exactly what i was going to say…

I wonder what kind of novels he would write…

yeah definitely wont retire, he loves movies way too much to stop abruptly

If he decides to write novels someday, I’m up for it!

But I also don’t think he’s gonna retire like that, he might aswell retire before he turns 60…but ifhe plans to direct every project he’s been talking about during the past few years, he won’t have any choice but to keep directing movies until he turns 120 or something…

[quote=“me”]
Yeah take Kurasawa he was at least 70 when he directed Ran and Kagemusha.
[/quote] i dont know about kagemusha but ran was shit!

I don’t know if someone whose passionate about something can ever fully retire from it. Obviously opening a theatre would be something that a lot of people who love movies would enjoy, but I think he’ll play his part in a lot of movies even after he “retires”, even if he doesn’t direct anymore.