Quentin & Marijuana

This has nothing to do with the other topic about Q and drugs. Do you guys and gals think Quentin smokes some reefer before shooting, writing, or editing? I know there was a popular rumor going around after Jackie Brown that Q spent all of his time sitting around, smoking pot, and watching movies. Well, what do you think?

well, I don´t think so… many don´t realize, but his way of shooting is extremely perfect… so it´s hard to believe the fact that he is dope when he shoots…

[quote=“larry”]
well, I don´t think so… many don´t realize, but his way of shooting is extremely perfect… so it´s hard to believe the fact that he is dope when he shoots…
[/quote]

extremely perfect? uhh how can something be extremely perfect? Perfection is an absolute so its either perfect or its not and i wouldn’t go as far as to say that…but that’s just me…

Perfection is an absolute. However, i would use the word perfect to describe Tarantino’s work. But i may be pretty biased.

well… absolutely perfect then?

you know waht I was trying to say…

by the way, do you guys smoke a lot of pot don´t you? I just realize…

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
i wouldn’t go as far as to say that…but that’s just me…
[/quote]

I have to disagree. Tarantino is quite the perfectionist, a trait also possessed by Sergio Leone. QT knows exactly what he wants, like Leone, everything in a scene is there for a reason. Of course QT is open to offers (from the actors) about certain things within a scene, but anybody who has watched his film should know that everything is just how QT wants it, hence it is perfect. One instance is how QT uses pop culture-related set decoration in his films to compliment the pop culture dialogue.

For example, in Reservoir Dogs, Mr. Orange tells his boss that Joe reminds him of “The Thing” a member of The Fantastic Four and what do we later see in the background in Mr. Orange’s appartment? A Silver Surfer poster

Also in Reservoir Dogs, there are numerous coffins in the warehouse. There are four wrapped coffins representing the characters anonymity through their aliases. The white coffin seems to represent Mr. White. This coffin is not wrapped possibly representing how Mr. White tries to show what his is like, his inside character so-to-speak. he other characters remain tight lipped on who they really are (hence the covered coffins), Mr. White tells Orange his name, he is also ready to uncover other personal information.

In Pulp Fiction, whilst the scene is concentrating on “Honey Bunney and Pumpkin” in the diner, you can hear Vincent and Jules’ conversation. If you look closely, you will even notice Vincent walking off in the background to go the toilet.

In regards to Leone, he would spend hours positioning the props, trying to make sure they are perfect to film.

He went to Amsterdam to write Pulp Fiction…

I think regardless, its just pot, it dosent mess you up that bad, it dosent even really affect me anymore except a get a bit more giggly and hungry. My brain is still there.

[quote=“larry”]
well… absolutely perfect then?

you know waht I was trying to say…

by the way, do you guys smoke a lot of pot don´t you? I just realize…
[/quote]

I choose to get high on watching films, beating levels in computer games and getting that perfect head shot.

hmm well perhaps then Tarantino films are exactly the way he wants them and in a way perfect in of themselves… I was really looking at them in a black and white way - what’s worst is i new better… Ill say films have the potential to be perfect in what they are… but there’s no such thing as the perfect film generally speaking…

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
hmm well perhaps then Tarantino films are exactly the way he wants them and in a way perfect in of themselves… I was really looking at them in a black and white way - what’s worst is i new better… Ill say films have the potential to be perfect in what they are… but there’s no such thing as the perfect film generally speaking…
[/quote]

Well the poster said “but his way of shooting is extremely perfect” referring to QT. He didn’t mean filming in general. You replied to him basically saying “Well, no, QT’s filming isn’t perfect”. We’re talking about QT here, not films in general.

for a topic that would normally be chill has turned into some retarded debate of opinions…

The question was retarded from the start. No offence, but we moved on from there. I don’t think it’s important or likely that he smokes weed on set.

if YOU don’t, then don’t come into the topic! i happen to ponder these things while watching his movies because when i’m stoned, i like to watch his movies, and they have an amazing effect on me, more so than if i watch kubrick or scorsese stoned. i was just wondering if he does infact smoke before shooting, and that’s why i’m really digging it so much, because it was made for it.

[quote=“Ify”]
Well the poster said “but his way of shooting is extremely perfect” referring to QT. He didn’t mean filming in general. You replied to him basically saying “Well, no, QT’s filming isn’t perfect”. We’re talking about QT here, not films in general.
[/quote]

The last thing i said in my last post isn’t my point, i already summed up what i said ( whatever that was ) what i did was just finish on a generalization that has little to do with QT’s films… ahh im losing my focus again…

[quote]The man was drunk in public television while visiting Leno! I wouldn’t dismiss any rumors.[/quote]

What the… really? ???

conan too

Haha, the cane he was carrying when he was drunk on the Leno show was fucking pimpin’.

Wow either that’s really interesting/ true or im the most gullible person in the world…

I mean I must be unbelievable naïve…