The Adventures of young QT :Crappy Job

I recently found this little anecdote that I’ve never heard before :

Maximum Potential

The now-renowned directors Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary got their first Hollywood job in 1986 as production assistants on Dolph Lundgren’s workout video : Maximum Potential. The director John Langley knew them from the videostore where Tarantino was working.

John Langley said: "I wrote a screenplay that sold years later. Then in 1987, I made the Dolph Lundgren: Maximum Potential exercise video. I hired Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary as PAs. Quentin and Roger worked at Video Archives in Manhattan Beach, where I live. They were kids, 18-19 years old. We used to discuss film and BS. I loaned him my script for the [1986] film Behind Enemy Lines. He showed me scripts he’d written.

“As a PA, Quentin was always bashing into nightstands and babbling everybody. He’s quite a talker and loves to get into debates about film. My partner would say, ‘Fire that kid. He doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing.’

“Roger came to me once and asked, ‘I want to be a director. I don’t want to be a PA. How do I do that?’ I said, ‘Roger, if you want to be a director, direct. If you want to be a writer, write. If you want to be a producer, produce.’ He thought about it and said ok. The next day he came in and said, ‘I quit.’ I said, ‘That’s cool. What are you going to do?’ He said, ‘I’m going to be a writer and a director.’” from John Langley’s profile

"In 1985, things move at last. One of the clients, John Langley, hires him [Tarantino] as an assistant on a Dolph Lundgren film : “It was a gym thing, we shot on the Venice Beach lawn. The problem is, it was covered of dog shits”, remebers Langley.“I had my day taking off dogs mess. Years later, I got myself in an elevator with Lundgren. I was saying to myself : there is the guy I cleaned a lawn for…”, tells Tarantino” from Le Nouvel Observateur, October 1996 (translated from French)

“It’s now part of Hollywood mythology that Quentin Tarantino’s first real job on a movie set saw him cleaning doggie doo-doo off lawn on which Dolph Lundgren was going to perform for his workout video.” from Impact (UK), May 1997

Thats life … ;D Do you know anymore young QT stories ?

Here is another one -

Young Quentin Tarantino: Ways of Wooing

"Quentin Tarantino wasn’t very successful with girls. He was penniless and gross. He didn’t shower very often and sometimes slept in his car (a Honda civic). But he developed various ways of wooing. He would tell a cute customer that there was a problem with her account, and show her that in the store’s computer she was listed as ‘Dreamgirl.’ He once borrowed a basket and a tablecloth to take a girl on a picnic, though he had to work, so the picnic took place in the parking lot of the video store…"

[Sources: New Yorker, Oct 20, 2003, p. 147]

Slob

Following the success of Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino went to Europe, where he took an immediate liking to European women. Why? He appreciated the fact, he later explained, that they gave him “a lot of leeway when it came to personal hygiene.”

[Sources: M. Moser, Movie Stars Do the Dumbest Things]

While we are at the subject of “QT and the Girls” : On the True Romance Commentary he said that at the time he wrote True Romance he never had a girlfriend. And he was 26 !!

From ultra-Geek to womanizer - thats QT …

LOL someone sould do a sitcom about these guys and their experiences

[quote]LOL someone sould do a sitcom about these guys and their experiences[/quote]

think kevin smith already did with clerks :wink:

[quote]

think kevin smith already did with clerks :wink:[/quote]

For real! LOL! But I believe those guys didn’t have B.O.

QT had sex with a hooker when he was 16 where his mom worked or some crazy shit like that. lol, who needs a girlfriend

[quote]

think kevin smith already did with clerks :wink:[/quote]

which is absolutely hilarious

[quote]“Quentin Tarantino wasn’t very successful with girls. He was penniless and gross. He didn’t shower very often and sometimes slept in his car (a Honda civic). But he developed various ways of wooing. He would tell a cute customer that there was a problem with her account, and show her that in the store’s computer she was listed as ‘Dreamgirl.’ He once borrowed a basket and a tablecloth to take a girl on a picnic, though he had to work, so the picnic took place in the parking lot of the video store…” [/quote]
Woulda worked for me…lolol