The Madness (?) of Quentin Tarantino, and others

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 39310.html”>The method and the madness of film directors | The Independent | The Independent</LINK_TEXT>

It feels strange to me that Quentin is even on this list of directors.

why can’t you believe it?

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]why can’t you believe it?[/quote]
I agree, he does have some things in common with the other ones, besides Welles and Kubrick.

The way the article is set-up it led me to believe that it meant directors who are tyrants behind the camera, why they brought up James Cameron on the set of Titanic. From what I’ve read and heard Quentin is not a fucking tyrant on set.

Plus, when has he ever been irresponsible with his budgets and schedules? Perhaps a few times but not on the scale of James Cameron who blew his budget sky high. Quentin is on here for using the word nigger. That’s ridiculous, it has nothing to do with the intro to the piece.

A lot of great directors are tyrants. William Wyler was tough even Bette Davis broke down on the set of “The Little Foxes”. It’s a compliment for a director in a way, because it shows they care and thet their vision is unbending. QT directs his actors very well, shit always happens on the sets. But QT is definitely tops on that list. Remember the fights in Reservoir Dogs? - It happens.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]The way the article is set-up it led me to believe that it meant directors who are tyrants behind the camera, why they brought up James Cameron on the set of Titanic. From what I’ve read and heard Quentin is not a fucking tyrant on set.

Plus, when has he ever been irresponsible with his budgets and schedules? Perhaps a few times but not on the scale of James Cameron who blew his budget sky high. Quentin is on here for using the word nigger. That’s ridiculous, it has nothing to do with the intro to the piece.[/quote]

Well that was just Spike Lee talking his ass off. And we all know he had his face smashed against a wall ;D

QT is here because he is money, he makes a lotta money in box office and dvds and merch, etc. He's a prominent figure in modern cinema and one of the best. Keep in mind he still has a lot of bang left in his career.

When did this segue into his career? QT is not the filmmaker tyrant guy. A few fights, sure. He is working with alot of people under stressful circumstances, that shit’ll happen, but he is no James Cameron. And definitely, if he’s making Inglourious Basterds at this point in his life then no doubt has he got more “bang” left. That isn’t the question here.

And he’s no Oliver Stone. That guy is off his fuckin rocker.

… I don’t see how having a foot fetish could constitute crazy, even though he is pretty blatant about it.

I wish Quentin would get more awards for his movies. I wish that he could make kill bill part 3.