New Tarantino Essay

An essay I wrote on Quentin Tarantino has been published on The Ooze, a leading e-zine of emerging culture & spirituality. Please take a moment to read and rate the article at the link below.

More details: My essay, titled KILL WILL: The Rough Magic of Quentin Tarantino, reviews the movies of Quentin Tarantino, from his first amateur film made with friends from a Manhattan Beach video store, on through to the recent films to Kill Bill and Sin City. I focus on the role of vice in his films, and what we discover about violent people, and about ourselves. Along the way, I draw parallells between that most postmodern of directors, Tarantino, and the world’s greatest dramatist, William Shakespeare, using a montage of quotes from those who know both well.

Read (and rate) the essay:

http://www.theooze.com/articles/article.cfm?id=1247

Thanks,

Eric

http://www.ericdavid.info/

Excellent essay! Bravo!

Yeah I’ve read it also and it is really a good essay.

Brilliant essay, what a good read!!

I see that you have an interest in underlying messages in Tarantino’s films. I recommend you read THIS article/essay, another excellent piece of work.

Thanks, everyone, for the kudos!

I like the link, Ify, to the toilet motif essay. Thanks.

No not at all, any time!!

It’s refreshing to read something different and well thought out as that essay you wrote. It’s good to know there are people like you around, providing insightful, coherent and interesting essays like that. Keep up the good work!

Very, very, very interesting. I was kind of turned off when I first saw how long it was, but there wasn’t a single wasted paragraph. I really liked how original it was too, it’s great to find an essay on Tarantino that isn’t the same stuff you’ve read a million times on his life repeated.

Keep ‘em comin’! ;D

you people have to be out of your mind to think that anything that this man does is genius. he’s an idiot, and the drugs definately got to him a little too much. you are all lunatics and you need to be on the next spaceship out of here.

[quote=“julesroyale”]
you people have to be out of your mind to think that anything that this man does is genius. he’s an idiot, and the drugs definately got to him a little too much. you are all lunatics and you need to be on the next spaceship out of here.
[/quote]

Did I miss something here?

[quote=“julesroyale”]
[/quote]
Wow.Tell me if Im wrong,you made a name to just tell everybody here that tarantino is an idiot.WOW! what are you a mother in there 30s that caught your son watching Pulp Fiction or something if so good! Stop wasting my time(and everyone else)

"You damn Tarantino fans and your damn movie watching! Get off my lawn! rarrrg rarrrg rarrrg!"

LMAO!