Tarantino Does Cannes: Vol. 4 (Pictures)

Here he is at the premiere of Precious.

Damn, I wish I were in Cannes this year… :’(

Tarantino always arrive the second or third day of the fest, even if the premiere of his movie is not before a couple of days, and he stays a bit after the premiere. Which si fair to the other movies, and shows his love for the fest. Usually directors and casts just come for the premiere, maybe a day before, and go back a day later, but not that much longer.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Damn, I wish I were in Cannes this year… :’(
[/quote]

ditto

Maybe we can cry together then, Seb :

:’( + :’(

Anyone else wanna join us ?

:’(

Lets let it all out.

:’(

[quote=“Cyd”]

Here he is at the premiere of Precious.
[/quote]

SO handsome there!

Here are some from getty. Sorry for the watermarks, I wish I could buy them.

v this one is my favourite so far, for some reason. v

He must have just gotten back from the spa. He looks younger than he has been looking.

Thank God he got rid of that hideous Hitler haircut… he looks normal.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Thank God he got rid of that hideous Hitler haircut… he looks normal.
[/quote]

You’re talking about what he was sportin at American Idol? Half emo, half haggard? Yeah, his hair is kickin ass and takin names right now.

I wonder who’s idea that hairdo came from. And even more importantly who thought it was a good idea.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
I wonder who’s idea that hairdo came from. And even more importantly who thought it was a good idea.
[/quote]

Uh, Quentin, and Quentin.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Uh, Quentin, and Quentin.
[/quote]

Really? I refuse to believe it! Whatever, stupid decision.

I wouldn’t go that far. :slight_smile: (I sorta dug it)

[quote=“Geoi”]
I wouldn’t go that far. :slight_smile: (I sorta dug it)
[/quote]

Enough with the hair, if that’s alright with you (not in a sarcastic way, just clarifying).

I’ve been going through all the video coverage of the photo call, interviews, press conferences, and walks up the steps. It’s been really cool seeing all these people talk about their films. Bonus every time QT walks down the red carpet.

So psyched to see alot of these films, especially Thirst, loved Oldboy and can’t wait to see his latest. Him doing a vampire flick is probably one of the best things that could happen to that sub-genre (I guess you could call it that, a vampire movie being a sub-genre of horror).

As I was watching all these videos it occurred to me that they’re gonna do them for Inglourious Basterds! Can’t wait to see all those basterds together. And whenever you get QT being interviewed you know it’s gonna be good.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
So psyched to see alot of these films, especially Thirst, loved Oldboy and can’t wait to see his latest. Him doing a vampire flick is probably one of the best things that could happen to that sub-genre (I guess you could call it that, a vampire movie being a sub-genre of horror).
[/quote]

Every French journalists said it was the worst movie for now… :-</E>

Damn, QT looks good!! Very nice pictures guys, thanks!

I’m getting slightly nervous now what with IB so close, I wonder what the critical reaction will be…

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Every French journalists said it was the worst movie for now… :-</E>
[/quote]

Yeap and the early favorite for now is Audiard with “un prophète”. It garnered a buzz that will be hard to beat, it’s the only movie where the critics are unanimous.

That’d be great for him to win, not only he’s a great director but also it’d be the second year in a row that a French movie wins the Palme d’Or.