Quentin's favorite Spaghetti Westerns

Official Top 20 by Quentin

wow, awesome!! Quentin should make lists like that all the time and give them to us.

Awww! Tight! I don’t know how anyone can even rank some of those higher… A lot of them are just pure greatness. I can’t put them in order. I have to stay on topic though. Shit. I got nothin else to say. Movies.

[quote=“m_burlock”]
Via text it says in the opening credits of Kill Bill Vol.1 that it is “dedicated to master filmmaker Kinji Fukasaku” what is Quentin’s absolute fave Kinji Fukasaku film?

[/quote]

If I recall correctly, his favorite fukasaku films are: the first films of the Fight without honor and humanity serie, Green Slime and Legend of the eight Samurai.

[quote=“Sebastian”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index. … i_Westerns”>Quentin Tarantino's Top 20 favorite Spaghetti Westerns - The Spaghetti Western Database</LINK_TEXT>

and please stay on topic here, thanks
[/quote]

Bravo!

Now for a couple of truely geeky questions: did he have his list typed or written long-handed? and did you came home with it?? ;D

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
Bravo!

Now for a couple of truely geeky questions: did he have his list typed or written long-handed? and did you came home with it?? ;D
[/quote]

what do you think ;D

a torn page from a spiral notebook, the one he’s using on IB’s set, now framed on your wall…

you’ve got amazing psychic capabilities, my friend.

Btw, also made a little frontpage story for this now

well i just asked myself the question “what would i do if i was him” and that was more or less it 8)

i think For a Few Dollars More was on QT’s favourite list at one time… its actually probably my favourite western ( not the best western tho ) but I could be wrong about that

No, I think it has always been The Good, the Bad & the Ugly.

You can see it with his list, he hasn’t changed his mind about his fav spaghetti westerns. Like all the Django trilogy , every movies he quoted as references for Kill Bill.

I’ve seen pretty much in the list. Just need to see Shoot the Living, Pray for the Dead and The Big Gundown. Haven’t seen much in the other runners movies, except for Companeros, Four of the Apocalypse, Arizona Colt and the Trinity movies.

It feels great to have a clear list and not just wrapped it up ourselves based on Tarantino’s interviews.

Great job, Seb !

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
It feels great to have a clear list and not just wrapped it up ourselves based on Tarantino’s interviews.
[/quote]

Now if only we could get that for every other genre invented we’d be laughing, eh? 8)

There’s an assignment for Seb, if he’s willing to take it on.

If Tarantino would mind making his top 20 for every other genres, that’d be great indeed, ahah.

Return of Ringo and #16 through #20 are the only ones I haven’t seen.

Four/Apocalypse is perhaps the biggest “Love-it-or-hate-it” film in the genre, I’m glad to hear that he loves it.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Now if only we could get that for every other genre invented we’d be laughing, eh? 8)

There’s an assignment for Seb, if he’s willing to take it on.
[/quote]

already done…

just watch The Deuce the coming days :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
already done…

just watch The Deuce the coming days :wink:
[/quote]

Nerdgasm. But seriously, awesome news Seb, cheers for it.

what I like abo[quote=“cyber-lili”]
I’ve seen pretty much in the list. Just need to see Shoot the Living, Pray for the Dead and The Big Gundown. Haven’t seen much in the other runners movies, except for Companeros, Four of the Apocalypse, Arizona Colt and the Trinity movies.

Great job, Seb !
[/quote]

I didn’t know your were into spaghetti westerns lili, good to hear, it is usually a guy genre… 8)

where did you see Machine gun killers, ugly ones and dirty outlaws?? if you have a copies of those ones, can we make a deal (i have shoot the living… and the big gundown) ;D

A guy genre, ah ah ah. And we women are supposed to love Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing, off course, aren’t we? stupid cliché. ::slight_smile:

Don’t you have a video camera?

Or is QT camera shy when it comes to movie talk one on one?

A lot of Corbucci and Leone! I like that list.

[quote=“21grams”]
A guy genre, ah ah ah. And we women are supposed to love Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing, off course, aren’t we? stupid cliché. ::slight_smile:
[/quote]

pardon me if i’m stupid, 21, but every time i go to a movie theater to watch a western, 90pc of the audience are GUYS. older guys, actually. Having say that, i didn’t say i can’t possibly imagine a girl watching westerns, but, i hardly ever met a girl who’ve seen even 30 or 40 spaghetti westerns, and that’s what i was pleasantly surprised about…