Empire Magazine's 500 Greatest Movies of All Time

This is in regards to this bit of news - <LINK_TEXT text=“Quentin on Sundance jury - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … st-movies/”>Quentin Tarantino & Empire Magazine's 500 Greatest movies of all time - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

Well I buy EMPIRE mag every month, and have been doing so just before Kill Bill: Volume 1 came out. Their latest issue cites the 500 greatest movies of all time. Amongst the voters was our very own Quentin Tarantino! Anyway, they have 100 different covers to collect :o All of which can be seen here - http://www.empireonline.com/500/100covers/covers.asp

They have one for Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction:

No doubt I’ll be getting the RD one 8)

Ok, this might be a long shot, but…

Here is a link where Empire basically have an interactive 10-page spread from theri magazine. When you click on it, page one says who took part in the poll and has like images of some voting cards. Well I was trying to make them out, and the one under the “50” of the number 500 looks to me like it’s QT’s handwriting (based on what I’ve seen from his fan-mail replies and the cover of the IB script). Take a look at it, what do you guys think? But then again it has Brokeback Mountain on there in addition to The Godfather, Saving Private Ryan and Trainspotting. http://www.empireonline.com/magazine/interactive.asp

When I get the magazine (possibly today) I’ll take a better look.

It says that QT voted in it, so it must be. I cant really see it too well I wanted to zoom in but couldnt.

I voted it in it.

it has Jackie Brown ahead of Kill Bill?

I don’t understand why they have Men In Black and X-men 2 on covers. I would reserve the covers for much better movies.

No doubt. Good to see you btw! I can’t see the handwriting at all on this monitor, you really think it’s his Ify?

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
I don’t understand why they have Men In Black and X-men 2 on covers. I would reserve the covers for much better movies.
[/quote]

they even had Ghostbusters!

there’s somethin’ wrong in the neighborhood

who you gonna call?

[quote=“Geoi”]
No doubt. Good to see you btw! I can’t see the handwriting at all on this monitor, you really think it’s his Ify?
[/quote]

I wouldn’t have mentioned it otherwise! :wink:

Ok, Geoi’s an idiot. :wink:

No, you’re not an idiot, you’re just mentally challenged :stuck_out_tongue:

There are too many awesome covers to choose from. In addition to the Tarantino ones, I really like the Fight Club, Taxi Driver and Akira ones. My favourite though, is the Leon cover. I can’t believe they put Batman Returns and Men in Black on covers though (why would anyone even vote them on the list?).

[quote=“Ify”]
No, you’re not an idiot, you’re just mentally challenged :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I want you so badly right now.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I want you so badly right now.
[/quote]

Haha, yayyy, you’re learning :stuck_out_tongue:

a) lists suck b) this list is weird, absolutely c) see a and b

[quote=“Sebastian”]
a) lists suck b) this list is weird, absolutely c) see a and b
[/quote]

Damn you Sebastian, I’ve been here for 2 hours reading your post, before I got the joke ;D ;D ;D

don’t worry ify, we all know you’re not the snappiest :wink:

I don’t think lists suck. Are any of them perfect, except your own? Rarely. But they’re fun to read and this “ranking films is pointless”-argument is getting old.

I ordered the Apocalypse Now-cover. I thought hard about, considering Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, La Dolce Vita or maybe Se7en. I like those films more than Coppola’s, but the Nam-flick has the best cover picture.

Got the magazine and found QT’s list (on page 124). It has changed a bit:

1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  2. Rio Bravo
  3. Blow-out
  4. Taxi Driver
  5. His Girl Friday
  6. 5 Fingers of Death / King Boxer
  7. Pandora’s Box
  8. Carrie
  9. Unfaithfully Yours
  10. 5 Graves to Cairo

He also added Jaws as #11. Hmm, was not aware of that.

Choices 2, 3 and 4 are marked as “interchangeable”.

I still haven’t got my copy yet in the post. Fuckers.