Would you go see a John Brown Bio-Picture?

This is not a actual project in the making, but QT mentions in this interview…Quentin Tarantino interview on ROVE (Australia) - Inglourious Basterds. - YouTube

…that if he could be one famous person from history, it would be John Brown, and it got me thinking…how awesome would a John Brown bio-pic be if it were directed and written by Quentin Tarantino?

For those of you who don’t know who John Brown is, he was a bad-ass loner who in the 1850’s went around freeing slaves, and killing their owners.

As a big American Civil War history buff, and QT fan, this would be another one of those dream come true kinda films. We gotta get this ball rolling somehow.

if QT ever makes a bio-pic, I will be severely disappointed, even if it is about somebody really cool or interesting.

Fuck bio-pics. Genre movies is what QT does and what he should keep making. A fictitious movie based on true events or characters, that would be a different thing.

"Oliver Stone makes films, I make movies"

QT

“You know, Lee, most of these movies that win a lot of Oscars, I can’t stand. They’re all safe, geriatric, coffee-table dogshit, y’know?…All those assholes make are unwatchable movies from unreadable books. Mad Max, that’s a movie. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, THAT’S a movie. Rio Bravo, THAT’S a movie.” -Clarence Worley, True Romance

But it would be something new and different for him, and I think it’d get kids and such interested in history.

I see a whole lot of gun-fire in this one, Sam Jackson playing a trash-talking slave, and maybe Sam Elliott as John Brown.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]if QT ever makes a bio-pic, I will be severely disappointed, even if it is about somebody really cool or interesting.

Fuck bio-pics. Genre movies is what QT does and what he should keep making. A fictitious movie based on true events or characters, that would be a different thing.

"Oliver Stone makes films, I make movies"

QT

“You know, Lee, most of these movies that win a lot of Oscars, I can’t stand. They’re all safe, geriatric, coffee-table dogshit, y’know?…All those assholes make are unwatchable movies from unreadable books. Mad Max, that’s a movie. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, THAT’S a movie. Rio Bravo, THAT’S a movie.” -Clarence Worley, True Romance[/quote]
It wouldn’t be a normal biopic, as he has stated he despises them and thinks they are only a vehicle for actors. He would do one much, much differently.

I don’t really care what he does and what direction he takes. It always ends up to be really good anyway, right? Something “new” and “different” would have been nice, though. Like a really creepy horror film or somehting!

Never heard of John Brown before but Daniel Day Lewis could play him in a bio directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.

no i don’t really like to see John Brown…

John Brown killing slave’s owner? reallly? is it really the truth?

peace¬

don quixote essay

Yes!From a few of the postings here, it’s clear that many people do not understand how important this guy was in American history (he is missing from history textbooks because he is still controversial) Today, he would have been labeled a “terrorist” even though his cause was just: he wanted to end slavery altogether. To do that, he killed slave-owners and mounted a full insurrection against the United States government. After he was captured alive in 1859, he spent many months in jail giving interviews to the press, so his ideas went on to contribute to the Civil War two years later. He was, indeed, a badass, but also a religious fanatic, a family man, and, most importantly, NOT a racist. A movie about his life would be full of drama, political/moral questions, and most importantly, ACTION with lots of guns and blood! Quentin should definitely try to get this one made.