Qt on johnathan ross show

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … re=related”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

Look who’s sitting next to him!

BTW, can someone make me an avatar of QT firing that uzi in the end.

Great one Bio! I’m waiting for it to be available on download and I’m gonna see what I can do about a little QT firing uzi animated gif for ya :>

Thanks.

Did you see Denzel!!! He was exceptionally happy with Quentin. I think he likes hiim a lot! Maybe they will do the Basterds prequel together!

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
Thanks.

Did you see Denzel!!! He was exceptionally happy with Quentin. I think he likes hiim a lot! Maybe they will do the Basterds prequel together!
[/quote]

Yeah that is what I was thinking while watching this. Thanks so much Bio for posting. Ross was really laying into him about the music stuff. I actually like the fact he puts other movie’s music in his.

I also like the musics in QT movies, whether they are from other films or not.

It seems that everyone’s talking about the Basterds prequel a lot these days, does it have to be taken that seriously or is it another thing QT threw away like it did for the Vega Brother’s story or KB prequel?

To be honest, I don’t want a prequel. I rather want a new movie. It would be like another director these days in Hollywood and cash in on what is already there with sequels and prequels. But that’s just me. Plus according to QT, he has about 10+ years left to direct movies, so I want as many new ones as possible.

Well he said he had several stories to do. So maybe there is a prequel there. I too, love the soundtrack for his films but I can se how Johnathan Ross could get a bit distracted. I already got three Basterds tickets from Cinemark, it will be playing in one room. The first showing will be miday, then at 3 o’clock, and then 5:45. I’ll be all Bastered out come the 21st of August! A day before my birthday!

haha.

[quote=“G”]
To be honest, I don’t want a prequel. I rather want a new movie. It would be like another director these days in Hollywood and cash in on what is already there with sequels and prequels. But that’s just me. Plus according to QT, he has about 10+ years left to direct movies, so I want as many new ones as possible.
[/quote]

I don’t think QT will ever quit. Guys like William Wyler, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Billy Wilder, etc, etc. died doing what they loved best. Hell, Robert Altman died a little after finishing his movie with PT. I think he loves the sweat too much to quit that soon.

But I see QT as one who likes to party and have fun, so idk, up in the air.

[quote=“G”]
But I see QT as one who likes to party and have fun, so idk, up in the air.
[/quote]

Mmmm, yeah he does some crazy stuff. He even does drugs so that says a lot about a person. Guys like William Wyler and Joe Mankiewicz stayed so clean in terms of drug abuse, they lived until they were in their late 80s. I hold Quentin as really one of the best filmmakers around; he’s bar none of the best writers to grace cinema since guys like The Epsteins, Mankiewicz brothers were around - if anything Joe Mankiewicz excelled at writing dialogue when he first started. He approached his characters like a psychologist and explored women basically. He found there was more to do with women in film than men. Men live by a certain bravado, they are all taught to be the same, to raise children and work all their lifes to provide and then die. Women were more complex to understand and he explored that.

In a Letter To Three Wives you see the many facets and complexities in the women that he writes about. You have the woman who makes more money than the man - and there’s an inferiority complex in their relationship. There’s also the woman who is unsure of herself and she does not fit into the level of social background as her husband, and then there is the gold-digging girl who finds in the end that she does have a heart to love someone that she never could imagine. All these things he really just went after they are such vivid portrayals that - nothing can beat them. Qt has that same niche, if you read his scripts his dialogue is much like stage writing. The character reveals himself through the dialogue and decisions they make. When you read it you can almost feel what they are thinking and what they sense. That level of talent in writing is very rare.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]

Look who’s sitting next to him!
[/quote]

Lamp? I love lamp.

You drop Mankiewicz’s name so often these days it looks like you just wanna prove you can spell it right!

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Lamp? I love lamp.
[/quote]

100 COOL POINTS TO YOU.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]
You drop Mankiewicz’s name so often these days it looks like you just wanna prove you can spell it right!
[/quote]

Watch one of his films, they’re unlike anything you will ever see. He was around since the silent film era and really came out full thrust after leaving MGM. His brother wrote Citizen Kane - Orson Welles just took too much credit for it. Watch All About Eve and A Letter To Three Wives! You’ll be glad you did.

[quote=“G”]
100 COOL POINTS TO YOU.
[/quote]

there’s another clip on youtube where he sits next to Denzel Washington.

[quote=“G”]
100 COOL POINTS TO YOU.
[/quote]

Hehe. I wondered if anyone would get that. +100 cool points to you for recognizing it.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
Watch one of his films, they’re unlike anything you will ever see. He was around since the silent film era and really came out full thrust after leaving MGM. His brother wrote Citizen Kane - Orson Welles just took too much credit for it. Watch All About Eve and A Letter To Three Wives! You’ll be glad you did.
[/quote]

Oh, but I have All About Eve, and, believe you me, I’m watching it pretty soon!

But even that, it’s not gonna stop your name dropping phase, is it? :smiley:

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Hehe. I wondered if anyone would get that. +100 cool points to you for recognizing it.
[/quote]

Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?

[quote=“G”]
Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
[/quote]

I LOVE LAMP!

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
[/quote]

If I was Orson Welles I would take credit for it too. F Hollywood.