Tarantino to write a book ever? about filmmaking

off topic but did tarantino ever write a book or is he ever planning to write one? maybe about film making.

why would he? he’s a director/filmmaker not a filmschool professor :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sebastian”]
why would he? he’s a director/filmmaker not a filmschool professor :slight_smile:
[/quote]

neither is rodriguez but he released a few.

a few? he did one that was mostly an autobiography, and a few 10 minute clips on DVD that were meant as inspiration. rodriguez is clearly more evangelical and missionary in his approach to change the filmindustry than quentin

AHA tarantino has wrote a book well a segment of the book Four Rooms: Four Friends Telling Four Stories Making One Film.

isn’t that just a weird title for the screenplay paperback?

[quote=“Sebastian”]
a few? he did one that was mostly an autobiography, and a few 10 minute clips on DVD that were meant as inspiration. rodriguez is clearly more evangelical and missionary in his approach to change the filmindustry than quentin
[/quote]
I think Rodriguez has lots of fun inspiring young filmmakers and convincing film-loving-students to follow their heart and make movies. He does it by writing and making the ultra-cool ten-minute-filmschools.

[quote=“Jelle”]
I think Rodriguez has lots of fun inspiring young filmmakers and convincing film-loving-students to follow their heart and make movies. He does it by writing and making the ultra-cool ten-minute-filmschools.
[/quote]

he wrote the making of sin city book, rebel without a crew and a book about how he made road racers.

I didn’t even knew about the Roadracers one. And I haven’t even seen Roadracers, they even don’t have it at the local cult-videostore. www.cultvideotheek.nl :wink:(A little bit of advertising won’t do any harm since it’s the coolest shop there is, they’ve got this big photo of QT standing in front of the store at the front window).

i have never seen it either but you can get the vhs here. <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/Roadracers-David- … 203&sr=8-1”>Amazon.com</LINK_TEXT>

It would be great if he did. I bought a cheap book called something like quentesential tarantino… It was pretty good, but this was more about his films… Not about Qt in person. I think it would be great… He writes manuscriptes and surely is good at that… Why not write a book? :smiley:

[quote=“Ronja”]
It would be great if he did. I bought a cheap book called something like quentesential tarantino… It was pretty good, but this was more about his films… Not about Qt in person. I think it would be great… He writes manuscriptes and surely is good at that… Why not write a book? :smiley:
[/quote]

yea i agree with that it would be one great film making book.

i think he should write a book about film History, that would be better

Film directors have written books on films and film-making. For example ‘On Filmmaking’ by King Vidor and ‘The Art of Cinema’ by Jean Cocteau. A compendium of past articles by Tarantino ranging from subjects such as blaxploitation to Monte Hellman would be nice. With his infectious enthusiasm it would be a thumping good read.

how’bout a book NOT about movies?

like a love story, or a comedy, or a kid novel-whatever-the-fuck he wants…

that’d be cool!

[quote=“Tristan”]
how’bout a book NOT about movies?

like a love story, or a comedy, or a kid novel-whatever-the-fuck he wants…

that’d be cool!
[/quote]

pulp fiction 2:the novel.

by the way, whatever happened to the kill bill novel? is it definitively buried?

dunno about the KB novel, but PF2 novel…I take it as a joke!

the kb novel was in pre order on amazon for a long time

[quote=“Tristan”]
dunno about the KB novel, but PF2 novel…I take it as a joke!
[/quote]

yea it was but it would be cool.