Raised By Wolves: The Turbulent Art & Times of Quentin Tarantino [Jerome Charyn]

New Book!

Author: Jerome Charyn

Paperback, 240 pages

Publisher: Thunder’s Mouth Press (May 28, 2006)

Buy now at amazon.com

wow, those books really keep coming, and QT hasn’t even made new films yet :wink:

I think it’s pointless to buy a book of any artist if his career hasn’t ended yet. But that’s just me.

depends what you’re after. a book like the pocket essentials or the jami bernard one can enhance your personal horizon and enables you to put the films into perspective that man makes :wink:

[quote=“Scarface”]
I think it’s pointless to buy a book of any artist if his career hasn’t ended yet. But that’s just me.
[/quote]

Blasphemy.

I have 3 of his books (purchased all at the same time) and they are crammed packed full of useful and interesting information. I haven’t got around to reading them yet (I have only skim read them), but I can’t wait. In fact, I’m going to read one of them on the train home. Books provide me what I crave for and what this forum lacks, an intelligent, deep insight into the man and his films. There is so much there, it isn’t even funny, hence my love for the guy and his movies. :-*

[quote=“Ify”]
Blasphemy.

In fact, I’m going to read one of them on the train home. Books provide me what I crave for and what this forum lacks, an intelligent, deep insight into the man and his films. [/quote]

Haha, you just HAD to include that comment even here.

I just got an idea though. With the 2,000 + posts I have, there’s enough shit in here to write my own book about the man.

I’m sorry, I just can’t let it go. Sue me.

btw I ran this for news just for those who haven’t noticed:

http://www.tarantino.info/content/view/539/2/

I hope some of you might buy and read this book and post some reviews, I am curious about how it is, the reviews on amazon are quite negative though

I read it. It’s nothing special. No original interviews, no new quotes. All of the quotes in this book come from previous books, magazine interviews, and Charlie Rose interviews. It especially borrows heavily from Quentin Tarantino: The Cinema of Cool. And Charyn’s analyses of Q and his films are mostly wrong and irritating. Skip it.

I’ve read the pocket essentials, Tarantino, and now raised by wolves. It was actually my least favorite and seemed like it was a biased review agianst him. I found many misquotes from his movies and it almost felt like it was a tarantino bashing. Skip this one it is trash.

This is the first time I’ve heard about this book…so it’s trash? Huh, go figure.

yeah go by the Jim Smith, i really recommend it. but i havent read the charyn one so i dont wanna say anything bad about it

I’ve ordered the book. Jerome Charyn also wrote the very beautiful MOVIELAND. HOLLYWOOD AND THE GREAT AMERICAN DREAM CULTURE. I like the first two pages of RAISED BY WOLVES you can read on amazon.com. A different idea to analyse Tarantino. Could be good.

Ok, forget what I said. RAISED BY WOLVES sucks. A terrible book. Like someone said before everything is ripped off by other good books. The only self-made points are summarys, a night watching CRIMSON TIDE and a tasteless opinion of KILL BILL. Very poor.