French QT books

So, after seeing all these english/american books about QT, let’s introduce the French books about the man.

Quentin Tarantino de A àZ

by Yannick Surcouf

This 1st one is kinda of “dictionnary style”. There are stuffs (like kinda of little cool articles) about the actors who plays with the man, or inspired him ; movies who imspired him, and those he made or participe on it ; elements of his own style (like dialogue, music, and so on) ; articles he wrote… So this book looks like the conecpt of the english book Tarantino from A to Z. There are also a small biographie/filmographie.

This book is clairly like this one, wich I recommand you :

Quentin Tarantino, fils de pulp

by Jean-Pierre Deloux

This one is very good, there is a good documented biographie, explication about the QT movies. A cool list of the 100 movies which QT loves the best, articles he wrotes. And the book has a cool concept : every chapiters has got the title of a movie.

There is also this book :

Biographie de Quentin Tarantino

by Jean-Pierre Deloux

So here’s for the principal French books. After there are the translated script of QT (except KB). And there are a lot of interviews in differents mags.

If someone knows a book and wants to talk about, he’s of course welcome in here. You can also post your reviews of the books. I haven’t time to do this, I just introduce the books, in order to beginn a discussion. :wink:

But I haven’t read it.

YOU CAN BUY (TU PEUX ACHETER):

“Tarantino de A àZ”

chez Amazon.FR - CLIQUEZ ICI

“Biografie de Quentin Tarantino” (Wanted)

chez Amazon.FR - CLIQUEZ ICI

I didnt find the “fils de pulp” at Amazon.fr, is it possible that its the same book as the other Deloux book, since the auteur is the same anyway?

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
I didnt find the “fils de pulp” at Amazon.fr, is it possible that its the same book as the other Deloux book, since the auteur is the same anyway?
[/quote]

The book isn’t at amazon. And it isn’t the same book as the biographie “Wanted”, even if it’s the same author :wink:

Hello,

This is my review about the book written in french, “QUENTIN TARANTINO. Film par film, scène par scène, une incursion dans les intrigues violentes du réalisateur le plus transgressif du jeune ciném américain”.

Notice: this book was written in french but originally, I think it’s an Italian book.

MORSIANI A., Quentin TARANTINO, Gremese Editore, Rome, 2006.

134 pages. ISBN: 88-7301-613-8.

ACHETE A AMAZON.FR ICI

In his book “QUENTIN TARANTINO (movie by movie, action by action, an incursion into the violent intrigues of the most transgressive director of the young american cinema)”, Alberto MORSIANI, artistic director of the Association Circuite Cinema die Modène and critical cinema for the “Nuova Gazzetta di Modena” presents the cinematographic universe of Quentin TARANTINO.

First, the writer draws a general portrait of the American film maker, using judiciously the words “mythography of Everyday”. We find the components of TARANTINO’s movies and especially, the origins and reasons of the presence of these elements. The reasons are cinematographic, social, cultural and personal.

Then, the author presents the genesis of TARANTINO in the cinema sphere. He reviews the influences, the experiences, the meetings and people that have played a rol in the coming of the director in our movie theatres. The chapter also explores Natural Born Killers and True Romance.

The third chapter talks about the movies directed by TARANTINO. This part is the heart of the book. MORSIANI drives us into the universe of TARANTINO’s movies, using a remarkable capacity of analysis and lucidity. He locates the context in which the movies was created and retraces the story, action by action. The content is remarkable thanks to the analysis of the symboles and archetypes that MORSIANI succeeds to demonstrate and to make accessible. The quality of the reviews is reinforced because the writer, - like TARANTINO - attachs great importance to details. The writer controls perfectly his thema, for the cinematographic and musical references (signs of TARANTINO’s influences) and for the analysis about the technical aspects of the movies. The author begins with an analytic vision, then, he retreats in order to offer us a synthetic vision of TARANTINO’s Work. With that, we are able to feel the evolution of the movies.

To finish, MORSIANI talks about Sin City and CSI and the presence of the “TARANTINO touch” on the movies.

The writing is elegant and the author uses the vocabulary precisely. The book is illustrated with a lot of photographs in black and white, rigorously described. They are coming from movies or shootings.

wow you should post this in the Wiki section (book corner) :wink:

yeah. nice review!

Thanks. No problem, I’ll read the instructions to post in the Wiki section :wink:

OK, it’s done :wink:

nice but perhaps you can write your name on top (like here: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … ook_review”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Tarantino_by_Jim_Smith_book_review</LINK_TEXT>) so nobody can steal your review or something like that :wink:

he added his name now