New Tarantino Books

I asked in the “Good Reading?” topic about any new Tarantino books being released and no one answered. So, I thought I’d just start a new topic about it.

Here are couple of new ones I’m aware of:

Kill Bill: The Screenplay by Quentin Tarantino

Kill Bill: An Unofficial Casebook by D.K. Holm

And I heard there’s a book called Tarantino Bites or something like that that’s exclusive to Virgin Megastore I think. Does anybody know anything about this?

I put them in basket at Amazon.co.uk some weeks ago but I couldnt be bothered with them and cancelled them in the end. I will wait to see what others think before spending any money

There is indeed a book exclusive to Virgin Megastore called TARANTINO BITES the man, the myth, the legend.

You could get it free on release if you pr-ordered the Kill Bill: Volume 2 DVD, from Virgin Megastore.

awesome, i’ve wanted the actual script from the movie for a long time now.

what’s featured in the case book?

The release date for the script is listed as october 5 2006 (SIX!!)

The casebook is not yet released.

I have included both into the Tarantino Malls pages. You can pre-order those.

I also included a link to buy the 2005 Kill Bill Wall Calendar

New Book:

Quentin Tarantino (Pocket Essentials S.) by D.K. Holm

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … ntintar-20”>Amazon.com</LINK_TEXT>

Release Date: December 12, 2004

How can it possibly be 2006 hopefully he will have his next project almost complete. The Kill Bill buzz will have died down except among die-hards (like us) that doesn’t make sense. hopefully it will be sooner than that

I’m surpirised that our man’s releasing a book, I mean I can hardley picture him sitting down on a lazy sunday afternoon reading a classy tale, can you?

He just dose’nt seem like a ‘book’ kind of guy!

[quote=“Bexi”]
I’m surpirised that our man’s releasing a book, I mean I can hardley picture him sitting down on a lazy sunday afternoon reading a classy tale, can you?

[/quote]

what are you talking about “our man”. tarantino is not releasing a book. you mis-read something here

Tarantino Bites is crap - it’s just a really general book, and it’s tiny.

You shoul read “Down and Dirty Pictures” about Miramax by Peter Biskind QT is in it loads, and it’s a really interesting book.

I saw this book on amazon about the pshycology of tarantino fans and QT himself it was a couple hundred dollars and there’s actually a name for people that have the same mindset as QT and his fans. ill try to find a link.

[quote=“FilmGuy”]
New Book:

Quentin Tarantino (Pocket Essentials S.) by D.K. Holm

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … ntintar-20”>Amazon.com</LINK_TEXT>

Release Date: December 12, 2004
[/quote]

Released december 30th. i’ve just put a link to that online on the main site. Amazon sais only 2 times left. a true bargain for 8 bucks if you ask me… damn, where do I get that from, now…

You can check out the Casebook now:

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … &Itemid=48”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>

I am currently working on having all CDs, books, dvds and such in the new site, and then i’ll remove the “old” shopping malls.

[quote=“Bexi”]

[/quote]

When he retires from film, Quentin wants to open his own movie theater and write novels.....

[quote=“IHOP311”]
I saw this book on amazon about the pshycology of tarantino fans and QT himself it was a couple hundred dollars and there’s actually a name for people that have the same mindset as QT and his fans. ill try to find a link.
[/quote]

I think you mean THE TARANTIAN ETHICS

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … &Itemid=48”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>

I have to say that all these new books coming out are really pissing me off! Most of us know more about QT than the authors! It’s like they’re just trying to make a quick buck. There hasn’t been a good original QT book in 10 years. These authors are either lazy or stupid. OFFER ORIGINAL MATERIAL! It shouldn’t be hard. QT isn’t exactly known for turning down interviews.

the Smith and Holm books are very well worth buying though, even for real fans

[quote=“The Seb”]
the Smith and Holm books are very well worth buying though, even for real fans
[/quote]

Indeed! At least Smith’s Book is - as far as I read - really worth buying. Probably the best book about QT right now.