Why do we like Vince & Beatrix?

Im doing a project on the appeal of anti heros…as in why do we like them, for what reasons? I know why I like them, but Im interested in your views/comments on this for research reasons, I would really appreciate your feedback, thank you…Remember Im studying why we like Vince & Beatrix…

Beatrix was a classic hero. I would never characterize her as an anti hero. She may have strayed from the “path” but she found honor and decency after being screwed over. She killed, but let’s be honest, the people she killed were murderers and criminals and rapists. She was fighting not only for herself but for the innocent lives lost in the chapel as well and most importantly for her daughter. Not to mention she was nursing a broken heart. She was a classic heroine. IMO.

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Beatrix was a classic hero. I would never characterize her as an anti hero. She may have strayed from the “path” but she found honor and decency after being screwed over. She killed, but let’s be honest, the people she killed were murderers and criminals and rapists. She was fighting not only for herself but for the innocent lives lost in the chapel as well and most importantly for her daughter. Not to mention she was nursing a broken heart. She was a classic heroine. IMO.
[/quote]

Well, she was a hired assassin too before she decided to change her life. In a way, she’s like the female version of Jules living in the movie movie universe.

I think the bride is way worse than Jules. She said she enjoyed every kill on her revenge trip - so she doesnt regret her killing. Bea wants to be more a mother than a killer, but she still kills and has no problem with it.

[quote=“Larry”]
I think the bride is way worse than Jules. She said she enjoyed every kill on her revenge trip - so she doesnt regret her killing. Bea wants to be more a mother than a killer, but she still kills and has no problem with it.
[/quote]

As Bill said; She is a Natural Born Killer.

I think that these characters were more three-dimisional than a lot of other characters in QTs films. We got to see more sides of them more sympathetic sides. We got to see that Vince was kind off goofy and incompetent. We got to see the Bride portrayed as a young girl getting left behind by her lover/mentor to be trained in kung fu or whatever. That’s what makes us like them more. We got to see them as people as human beings not just killers.