Quentin Tarantino vs. Roger Avary

Containing everything about Tarantino's breakthrough masterpiece, this is the cult section for all pulp fans!
Inglorious_Bastard

Re: Quentin Tarantino vs. Roger Avary

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:07 pm

Scarface wrote: Avary's busy writing scripts for videogame movies now. He should meet up with uwe Boll and Paul WS Anderson and exchange ideas. HA!
Lol.

I'd have to agree with Pete and Ify, if he was better than QT we might not be talking about just QT but the both of them. But Avary whined and bitched and hasn't done anything that great since.

ailemrac07
Real McCoy

Post by ailemrac07 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Jjp wrote: Knoxville Kingpin just curious your gif. which clint eastwood movie is that from?
If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure it's Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.
I was actually gonna comment on it too.  it's a good movie, i finally saw it a couple days ago.

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:46 pm

Jjp wrote: Knoxville Kingpin just curious your gif. which clint eastwood movie is that from?
Yes, thats from Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, one of my favorite movies.
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:49 pm

Yeah i've been dying to see it but cant find it

ToothpickVicVega

Post by ToothpickVicVega » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:50 pm

I love Thunderbolt and Lightfoot too. Michael Cimino's debut film!! 8)

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:18 pm

***Spoilers for Grindhouse ***

How coincidental that it says Thunderbolt before Death Proof.

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Full Metal Maggot

Post by Full Metal Maggot » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:04 pm

"tarantino is my favorite director and writer and all but first of all jackie browns story was adapted from a book and kill bill is really has small parts of many kung fu and spaghetti western movies so story wise i dont think he is so great but his diolage and his characters are the great part of his movies."

Thank you, his storys are good but not great.(with the exception of four rooms, that was a good story and retty much all his) But his dialoage and characters are. Also the way he creates scenes is great, for example: jules and marvin recovering the briefcase in pulp, the intro scene in dogs/ear cutting scene, all the scenes with samuel in jackie brown, his whole segment in four rooms(who else thinks that shit was pure genius) hahahahha that part when norman says his dicks gettin hard cus norman is gonna cut off his finger is pure genius.

And as for avary i consider his contribution to pulp just ideas. MArvin gettin shot, the gold watch bullshit and the bullets missing there targets. Then you look at tarantio he has to create this whole world to fit these storys into(and does a damn good job at it) EVERTHING around avarys ideas is a hell of a lot to make up. So i do thik tarantino deserves the writen and directing credit.

But without avary pulp wouldnt have been as good, so its a toss up.

But then again thats why i started this thread is to see what im thinking is right. Thats why i NEED the PANDEMONIUM REGHNS SCRIPT.

moura

Post by moura » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:21 pm

there arent any new stories to be told...great storytellers like tarantino make old stories their own

do u wanna an amazing example? the majority of shakespeare's plays are based on pre-existing stories, including hamlet, king lear, othelo, and romeu e juliet...its not the story, its the teller.