I found an error in Pulp Fiction

When Mia Wallace goes to the bathroom in Jack Rabbit’s Slims to powder her nose… After she returns to the table she seems excited that her food arrived and starts eating instantly like shes hungry! Cocaine suppresses appetite and the way she was snorting lines every couple of minutes Im pretty sure she cant eat a hamburger! Another scene is when Vincent shoots Heroin while driving a car… That impossible… However in this case I always thought that Vincent only tripped about driving the car and that he was at the dealers house, flying with his thoughts imagining that he was driving… Cause he asked him if he could shoot up in his house, then suddenly the movie jumps to the car scene…

1. How do you know this?

2. It’s only a movie!

4. There’s no nr. 3… :stuck_out_tongue:

jesus… where to start

1. Mia only takes one bite and sip of her shake. She doesnt eat like a pig.

2. Vincent shot up at Lances house. He asks Lance “Mind if I shoot up here?”. There is no solid time frame there. He may have stayed an half hour or an hour before he went to pick up Mia in his car.

3. Its a movie, not reality (ex: look at the size of the IV needle!). There is a thing called suspension of disbelief when watching films.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]

1. Mia only takes one bite and sip of her shake. She doesnt eat like a pig.
  2. Vincent shot up at Lances house. He asks Lance “Mind if I shoot up here?”. There is no solid time frame there. He may have stayed an half hour or an hour before he went to pick up Mia in his car.
  3. Its a movie, not reality (ex: look at the size of the IV needle!). There is a thing called suspension of disbelief when watching films.

[/quote]

Exactly, and after that bite, she lights up a cigarette instead (if I remember this correctly). Now, that doesn´t sound like a hungry person to me. Anyway, who cares? It´s not like it´s reality. It´s a MOVIE.

Are you TRYING to ruin this movie for me?..

Not to mention they DID GO to Jack Rabbit Slim’s to EAT.

Some coke heads have to do a line so they can eat. If they are a real coke head they will get sick if they don’t do a bump from time to time.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
If they are a real coke head they will get sick if they don’t do a bump from time to time.
[/quote]

s’Called withdraws…

Damm punk! that’s just a movie, not everthing must be real! -_-

ok for the weird jump from Lance’s place to the car, there’s the same thing in Easy Rider

from “scene A” to “scene B”, it looks like

AAAABABABABABBBBBB

get it?

I dunno if you guys get what I mean but basically it’s like quickly going back and forth in the timeline

[quote=“Navajas”]
When Mia Wallace goes to the bathroom in Jack Rabbit’s Slims to powder her nose… After she returns to the table she seems excited that her food arrived and starts eating instantly like shes hungry! Cocaine suppresses appetite and the way she was snorting lines every couple of minutes Im pretty sure she cant eat a hamburger! Another scene is when Vincent shoots Heroin while driving a car… That impossible… However in this case I always thought that Vincent only tripped about driving the car and that he was at the dealers house, flying with his thoughts imagining that he was driving… Cause he asked him if he could shoot up in his house, then suddenly the movie jumps to the car scene…
[/quote]
The heroin scene is just like the pool scene in The Graduate - it is a long period of time that is shown as a synopsis in a short scene - Have you ever snorted coke? It affects everyone differently.

jaysus

And the fact that Jules and Vincent survived gunshots didn’t occur to you? And the fact that the shots were already there on the wall before the guy used the gun? I mean what is up with that??!?

[quote=“Navajas”]
[/quote]The insert shots that you’re talking about, with the spoon, the needle, etc. All of that happens in Lance’s house. He drives his Malibu afterwards. mmmkaay

I’m not even going to waste my time on this post. Wait… I just did.

Its funny when one person answers a question, then a bunch of goons try to re-answer it themselves like the first person didnt already do it. Thats wrestlin fans for ya!

hahahahaha when i first saw this movie i was about 6 or 7 and i always thought vincent was shotting up in the car too. But now that i am a bit older and have seen the movie a lot more times i can claerly tell that he is shooting up at lances. but it misleads you to believe that he shooting up in the car because the camera only focues on his ands and the needle, the rest is dark. Then it keeps on flashin to vincent in the car and he looks all fucked up. I think tarantino did this to shiw us the effects of his actions while he was doing them.

Drug 101, take 472!

NO. He shoots up at Lance’s - but the scene takes place in the car where he is stoned out of his gourd - having recollections of shooting up at Lance’s - the scene is supposed to relate the viewer to the confusion and loss of reality that the drug causes - kind of like the scene of The Graduate where Dustin Hoffman is laying out by the pool - it seems like it takes place in one afternoon but it is actually the duration of an entire summer - it is an old technique.