Red apple

i love how QT invents his own brand names

• RED APPLE cigarrettes
  • Teriyaki Donut
  • Big Kahuna Burger
  • Jack Rabbit Slim’s

etc…

I think there will be more in Kill Bill, i gotta study the script once more.

Are there any references you know that might made us think for example “ah… Teriyaki, thats an old movie from 1942” or “…Red Apple, that was a codename from an old heist movie, QT watched in his childhood” or something like that?

I just love it:

“Big kahuna burger? that’s the hawaiian burger joint…”

It is really cool the way QT creates his own brands for his films. So far I dont know if any of the brands have connections to movies or tv etc. Keep thinking about it, maybe we’ll find something.

Id really like to see K-BILLY Radio show up in Kill Bill, that would be the best! But if not Ill take any other things that are in it. Its all good :slight_smile:

Yes, the Red Apple and cleverly Teriyaki Donut are ORIGINAL from Tarantino’s mind…it was original to have the burger joint to be Big Kahuna instead of them just sitting around eating McDonald’s, (QT makes a note by having Jules ask what they are eating)

But…The Big Kahuna…I know of a lot of Big Kahuna burger joints around…that serve burgers…it was original to use it in his film…but I just don’t want ya’ll to think Quentin Tarantino made it up.

Ive never heard of Big Kahuna Burger other than in Pulp Fiction myself.

I always assumed that Big Kahuna Burgers were a QT creation too. ???

uhm… who said otherwise?

the name of the coffee shop HAWTHORNE GRILL comes from the name of Quentin’s school he was in as a kid: Hawthorne Christian School

[quote]the name of the coffee shop HAWTHORNE GRILL comes from the name of Quentin’s school he was in as a kid: Hawthorne Christian School[/quote]

The Hawthorne Grill was or still is a real place. That school was probably in the same neighborhood.

well, Hawthorne is a LA hood, man.

Hawthorne is in Kill bill, too. no wonder, QT LIVED in hawthorne, besides he went to school there and grew up there an’ shit

Big Kahuna was in FDTD.

…you watched the movie :wink:

Uh…

hehe. easy, dude.

red apple was in Four Rooms, too, by the way, did someone mention this already?

Red Apple cigarettes really do exist, or at least existed. They were popular the same time Chesterfields were popular. A friend of mine has a Yankee World Series program from the 60’s, and there are print ads for both brands. Chesterfields are still available (and if you smoke I recommend them), but I don’t know that Red Apples are still around.

Cool info Cantilope, thanks. 8)

Cliff Worley: cuz you…your part eggplant.

Cocotti: Your a cantelope.

There is a Big Kahuna in Sacramento, CA. Quentin might have thought he made it up, or maybe he just it’d be cool. But he did not, they exist. I’m sure they arn’t all connected (i.e: McDonalds are all the same) Where as Kahuna aren’t, and are independant…like some Donut Shops.

When Uma is at the airport in Kill Bill you can see a giant Red Apple billboard.

[quote]There is a Big Kahuna in Sacramento, CA. Quentin might have thought he made it up, or maybe he just it’d be cool. But he did not, they exist.[/quote]

ok here is this totally crazy idea. perhaps...that burger joint was made [u]after[/u] QT made pulp fiction. they do shit like that now adays

[quote]

ok here is this totally crazy idea. perhaps…that burger joint was made after QT made pulp fiction. they do shit like that now adays
[/quote]

Someone should make a Jack Rabbit Slim’s.

[quote]

ok here is this totally crazy idea. perhaps…that burger joint was made after QT made pulp fiction. they do shit like that now adays
[/quote]

doubt it. The place isn’t called “Big KAhuna Burger” its just called “Kahuna Burger” I believe. Places all over the place have insane names. A restuaraunt here is called, “THE HUKI LAU ISLAND GRILL” another HAwaiian type name similar to “KAhuna Burger” (I believe on their menue they have Kahuna something)