Worst Scene in Pulp

Containing everything about Tarantino's breakthrough masterpiece, this is the cult section for all pulp fans!
MrBlondeIsMyHero

Re: Worst Scene in Pulp

Post by MrBlondeIsMyHero » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:34 am

Johnny Depp is the man!! I loved him in Once Upon a Time in Mexico. "Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T?"  ;D I died laughing when he said that, I was like the only one in the theater too. I felt like such an ass.

Anyways... I'd have to agree with ledfloyd on this topic. Travolta looks like such a nerd... his lips are like out and stuff. It serves a purpose, but if he didn't have such a retarded fucking look on his face, I would've liked it more.

ledfloyd
Kiddo

Post by ledfloyd » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:28 am

Yeah, I think it should have cut from him sayin can I shoot up here to him bein' at Mia's

ODing_Bitch

Post by ODing_Bitch » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:13 am

got to be the cab ride....but hey, it gives me a chance to refill my drink or whatever....

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:09 am

Cab scene was BORING
Mista mista mista waht is it like to kill a man? Fuck it was annoying boring, as well as when he gets back to the hotel with fabbine.

bostonian

Post by bostonian » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:47 am

cab scene is pretty bad but you've got to admit its pretty good to see he cut most of it out becuz the edited scene (dvd) is so extra boring; I am so fuckin glad the edited scene with uma asking those stupid questions is not in the film but at least we know why the fuck she called him an elvis man right?
CAB RIDE
.......when you're kickin' it in the carribbean......AWESOME

ZaP84

Post by ZaP84 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:32 am

Not to go with the crowd, but I have to say the taxi scene definitly wasn't my favorite scene. It was stupid and pointless. I did like the scene where it focused on butch, in the beginning, because what marsellus said was deep shit. I don't really know though, just my thought.

VoodooChile

Post by VoodooChile » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:40 am

Yeah, the cab scene was bad, but i can't stand the whole "pot belly" dialogue in the bedroom. To me, it just dragged on and messed up the movie's pacing.

constranded

Post by constranded » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:30 am

I didn't really like the gold watch scene where Walken tells Butch about his father's watch and what they had to go through to get it to him. Some parts are funny and it shows the importance of the watch and why Butch goes back to get it, but I just felt like it was too long.

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:03 am

Oh come on guys, the shower scene is MUCH worse than the cab scene. The cab scene is fine. Bah.

Comfortable Silence
Kiddo

Post by Comfortable Silence » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:24 am

Guys, come on. It's called character development. The most refreshing part of Pulp Fiction is that the dialogue doesn't just advance the plot. Not only does the cab scene give us our first good impression of Butch, but it creates a bizarre character in the cab driver, and bizzare is always better than forgettable.

And I can't believe you fast forward through the Fabiene parts. It sets up the relationship between them beautifully, so we can understand when Butch stops himself when he throws a fit over the watch. And just like the rest of the movie, this dialogue has some mindblowing ideas if you take a second to think about it.

As for the pace, well that's Tarantino screwing with your emotions. If you want to see a movie with nothing but fast pace, go see a blockbuster action pic.
"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight...you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight"

Puck

Post by Puck » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:24 am

As for the pace, well that's Tarantino screwing with your emotions. If you want to see a movie with nothing but fast pace, go see a blockbuster action pic.
Or go watch Kill Bill.  That movie certainly didn't drag.

young_master
Hard Drinker

Post by young_master » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:30 am

I didn't mind the cabride scene but the whole Fabiene scene bored the fuck out of me!  Even though it was important for character development, QT could have shortened the first half of it.
"How'm I gonna get a scar like that eating pussy?"

Part_Eggplant

Post by Part_Eggplant » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:12 pm

Esmerelda Villalalobos is Hot.... & Horny.  French broad Fabien likes her snatch eaten.  The scenes are fine. Unlike the new mess "Kill Bill", that every scene is death and dismemberment, "Pulp" is a complete movie.  Great diologue with charactor developement.  I love P. F. the way it is.  Kill Bill was the worst movie I've paid $ to see since my girlfriend made me see Shrek.  Tarentino must've felt the need to push the envelope to another level.  He didnt!!!

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:17 pm

I'd keep your kill bill hating to yourself before others see it.

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:18 pm

Or you can blast it ALL over this forum and have lots and lots of people flame you, your choice.  :-/

Part_Eggplant

Post by Part_Eggplant » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm

Im not afraid! Forums are made for people to express thier oppinions. Im sure alot of people liked K.B. JUST because Q.T. made it. I love all Q's work except this 1. I expect there are more peeps like me and I'd like to know.  
Last edited by Part_Eggplant on Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:25 pm

Im not afraid! Forums are made for people to express thier oppinions. Im sure alot of people liked K.B. JUST because Q.T. made it. I love all Q's work except this 1. I expect there are more peeps like me and I'd like to know.  Matter of fact.... that sounds like a great "NEW" subject.
Yeah we all loved it because QT made it. It had nothing to do with all the brilliant directing, spectacular visuals, beautifully rendered animation and the awesome music, perfect editing and work done by the actors. No, just cuz QT made it. lol.

I love cinema of all kinds. Kill Bill Vol 1 was made for me and those like me who love to experience cinema at its purest and most exciting.

So just pipe down, dont start another big anti Kill Bill battle with us. Youre gonna lose kid.  

Tha_WOLF

Post by Tha_WOLF » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:39 pm

I love cinema of all kinds. Kill Bill Vol 1 was made for me and those like me who love to experience cinema at its purest and most exciting.  

So just pipe down, dont start another big anti Kill Bill battle with us. Youre gonna lose kid.
Word, Toothpick. QT made that movie for the true lovers of cinema and his true fans. He made it for the masses as well, but not as much as for the people that would truly get it, and understand its brilliance and luckily the studios backed him, and this film was the most brilliant and talented thing I have seen in quite sometime. He drew in even more new fans and everyone, well almost everyone was happy. Of course, there are going to be those people out there that think QT should just do all his movies like Pulp, and Reservoir Dogs, but where is the fun in that. He himself is just a big fan of the movies that he grew up watching, and wanted to pay tribute, while adding his own unique style. I have never paid to see a movie 6 times before I saw Kill Bill, and IMO it was worth every penny. I pray for those who didn't see the brillance in Kill Bill. You all need help, but everyone is entitled to there opinions, and if you didn't like it, so be it, FUCK YOU AND ANYONE THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU............Just kidding.......no I'm not...........yes I am.

NO I'M NOT

Part_Eggplant

Post by Part_Eggplant » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:47 pm

Slow down kid! This site is for "Pulp" fans. There is a Kill Bill site for blood lovin' "Vampires" like yourself.  All I offered was my oppinion.  You have nothing to offer but Fuck,Fuck,Fuck over and over and over, just like watching "Uma" dismember another dude over and over and over!!! Besides the anime, there was NOTHING we've never seen before.  I have no problem with him making a tribute to the old karate flix OR the people who enjoyed it. Q.T's movies have never been for everyone. This was his 1st one that wasnt my kinda flic.
Last edited by Part_Eggplant on Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:51 pm

I'm warning you. Stop while your ahead.....

Part_Eggplant

Post by Part_Eggplant » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:30 pm

I'm done Hating! I actually liked the final fight scene in the garden.

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:18 am

damn, fast conversion dude....
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:43 am

Part Eggplant, I present to you, The Flaky Award. Congrats, you earned it.

Part_Eggplant

Post by Part_Eggplant » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:43 pm

I just dont think that flik is even worth talking about anymore.  You liked it that much, go see it 6 more times with The_Wolf (after he gets out of middle school).  

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:02 pm

Part Eggplant was dropped on his head as a baby folks.

We're gonna be talkin about the masterpiece that is Kill Bill for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time!!!

KILL BILL RULES!!! YOU BETTA RECOGNIZE!!
Last edited by Toothpick_Vic_Vega on Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:10 pm

I just dont think that flik is even worth talking about anymore.  You liked it that much, go see it 6 more times with The_Wolf (after he gets out of middle school).  
dude....you re gonna need the 9-11 NYFD if you keep up the bullshit....cause...some people here are going to flame your ass.....

if you dont like kill bill...why not open a topic and explain why this is a bad movie....I mean really explain, backed with good arguments....I dare you motherfucker....I double dare you...
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:36 pm

I know exactly why little Egghead didnt like Kill Bill. It was too violent for him.

Everyone say: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

He's also totally forgetting its a Revenge film and the extreme violence is completely justified in the story. Just like it was in Pulp. Kill Bill is a "movie movie", its made to be highly stylized and otherworldly. If you dont like that, then go watch something else. But dont say its "trash". Thats 100% untrue. As a longtime QT fan you shouldve already been open minded to ALL kinds of film. I find it strange when QT fans dislike the movies he makes. You should already know what QT is about, the kinds of films hes inspired by, his taste in film. By rejecting Kill Bill, youre rejecting QT, and I think youre rejecting your own reason for being on this board with all of us who love QTs brilliant work.

Egghead needs to find another pasttime because Cinema as most of us know it, isnt for him.

I will defend this film forever. I will write about it forever. So just ring the bell Eggplant. Im ready to go.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:20 pm

This friggin' Eggplant is a troll. He disses Kill Bill in every fucking thread, even in the Pulp Fiction section. And then the fucking hypocrite writes something like : Slow down kid! This site is for "Pulp" fans. There is a Kill Bill site for blood lovin' "Vampires" like yourself.. Eggplant, if you wanna diss "Kill Bill" use the Kill Bill section. You're gonna lose anyway, but at least you'll be less annoying.

Part_Eggplant

Post by Part_Eggplant » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:15 pm

I really hit a soar spot ;D.  Needledick Vega says " I find it strange when QT fans dislike the movies he makes".
"Please allow me to retort" - Although I love Q.T.s movies,  I dont like a movie BECAUSE he makes it.  Is there anything of Quentin's that you didn't like? My guess is no. (Get off his jock for a minute) If Bill is your favorite - Great. I got no prob, with that. I just cant see it being HIS BEST.

Toothpick_Vic_Vega

Post by Toothpick_Vic_Vega » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:30 pm

Youre not funny Egghead.

"Needledick", WHOA thats original! Like I havent heard that from every troll that comes through here.

"Soar"? Learn to spell you idiot.