Worst Scene in Pulp

Ok, I watched Pulp again the other day, and I absolutely HATE the scene with Butch in the cab, I think it should have been re-shot, re-cast or taken the fuck out.  I hate " Ms. villalobos" accent, I hate the surreal scenery in the back.  Its important to the movie because Butch starts in on “I didnt know he was dead until you told me” so it has plot function. But that chick and the “feel” of the scene just took me out of the cool vibe I get when I watch the film.   Am I the only one?

[quote]Ok, I watched Pulp again the other day, and I absolutely HATE the scene with Butch in the cab. But that chick and the “feel” of the scene just took me out of the cool vibe I get when I watch the film.   Am I the only one?
[/quote]

Its not one of my favorite parts of the movie. Plus, I’m not really a big Bruce Willis fan, so when he starts his raspy “too cool for you” voice, I get annoyed. I do like the fake projection backgrounds in Pulp, it adds a nice French New Wave flavor to it.

yeah, the projection stuff rocks.

i think one of my non-favorite scenes is that Racalle stuff at monster joe’s. i’d prefer it to be like in the script, seing monster joe and all…

but pulp is my favorite, i like the movie how it is

[quote]yeah, the projection stuff rocks.

i think one of my non-favorite scenes is that Racalle stuff at monster joe’s. i’d prefer it to be like in the script, seing monster joe and all…
[/quote]

On the Pulp CE DVD, it has the outtake with Monster Joe (Dick Miller) on it. I wish QT wouldve kept that part in the film. Its cool.

Trivia: The name “Monster Joe’s” was a tribute to genre director Joe Dante (Pirahna, Gremlins). Dick Miller was a regular in Dante’s films.

My worst scene has to be the begining of the Mia Wallace chapter. The camera is just there staring at butch for about 5 minutes while Marcellus is speaking in the back ground that went on too long i started to lose intrest.

[quote]My worst scene has to be the begining of the Mia Wallace chapter. The camera is just there staring at butch for about 5 minutes while Marcellus is speaking in the back ground that went on too long i started to lose intrest.[/quote]

Please! PF is infallible! The scene in question is quite expressionistic-- look at the lighting, the music, the dialogue-- reveals to us about Bruce and Ving!

I wouldn’t say this is a bad scene per se, but I have to go with Zed’s ‘ride em cowboy’. When I first saw the scene in Pulp, all I can remember is this great music playing and Butch’s weapon of choice. It’s a great scene when it comes to building up tension, but when they finally show what was happening to Marcellus; I think I was utterly :o

Now, I think it’s kind of funny considering I get the Gimp joke. :slight_smile:

[quote]

Its not one of my favorite parts of the movie. Plus, I’m not really a big Bruce Willis fan, so when he starts his raspy “too cool for you” voice, I get annoyed. I do like the fake projection backgrounds in Pulp, it adds a nice French New Wave flavor to it.
[/quote]

While the taxi scene is not my favorite part either, I have to say that I absolutely ADORE Bruce’s performance. It’s probably the most underrated role he ever had; cause everyone keeps talkin’ about how much Travolta and Sam Jackson rocked and often ignore Bruce’s part. I particularly like the part when he’s in the shower and makes fun of his girlfriend -  “My name is Fabbbienneeee”-  hahaha cracks me up every time. And when he goes apeshit because she forgot the watch behind is pure class.

I really don’t like the cab ride scene either…it was probably the most boring part of Pulp Fiction but I do see why the scene is there.

re: cab scene - i enjoyed the discussion they had. the line “what it is like…to kill a man” has always stood out to me, thought it was very funny.

the only part i fast forward through is when butch is walking back to his apartment to get the watch.

Actually I thought the Cab scene was fine. What really bored the shit outta me was the shower scene. It has nothing to do with anything, they don’t talk about shit at all, and it just drags down the movie’s middle half even worse. Seriously, take out the damn shower scene, QT, it sucks! Seeing Bruce Willis’s willie doesn’t make it better either. Otherwise, the movie’s great.

[quote]Actually I thought the Cab scene was fine. What really bored the shit outta me was the shower scene. It has nothing to do with anything, they don’t talk about shit at all, and it just drags down the movie’s middle half even worse. Seriously, take out the damn shower scene, QT, it sucks! Seeing Bruce Willis’s willie doesn’t make it better either. Otherwise, the movie’s great.[/quote]
yeah the shower scene is boring, but i also think the cab scene with butch is pretty bad too. but dido, its still a great movie.

all yall have it wrong. the cab scene is good, the shower scene is good, but the scene i like the least, is when bruce willis is lying on top of her. i cant stop looking at the bitch’s big ass nose the whole damn time!!! reminds me of a time last year in college when i was trashed and walked up to a girl at a party, thumped her on the nose, and said “big nossed bitch”. she cried. this scene makes me want to do the same thing to fabion.

Let’s face it, all of our least fav scenes have to do with Butch. At least we have some solidarity on that.

Let me say something b4 I forget. Aside from the Christopher Walken scene, the Butch-Marsellus monologue in the beginning of Mia’s chapter is fucking awesome. I’m gonna hafta disagree with Reservoir_Dogs here. The way Ving Rhames executes his lines is just amazing, it almost sounds like scripture from the Bible. And this whole time Butch is listening, and the lighting and everything is just perfect, It’s like a fucking photograph or still in a comic book. And with all that, the Al Green song “Let’s Stay Together” is playing in the backround. Just as the song transends, a handful of money appears in front of Butch as Marcellus says, “you my nigga”… Just sheer fucking brilliance. I never liked this scene, but after repeated viewings, I realized how much of a masterpiece this monologue is. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

[quote]I wouldn’t say this is a bad scene per se, but I have to go with Zed’s ‘ride em cowboy’.  When I first saw the scene in Pulp, all I can remember is this great music playing and Butch’s weapon of choice.  It’s a great scene when it comes to building up tension, but when they finally show what was happening to Marcellus; I think I was utterly :o

Now, I think it’s kind of funny considering I get the Gimp joke.  :slight_smile:[/quote]
come on, you loved the gay rape scene with Zed ya sick bastard.

I like all butch scenes. If I could re-shoot a scene in Pulp , I’d re-shoot the “girl you’ll be a woman” scene, and take OUT that fucking song.

Pretty much everything in that flick seems to work with the story, so I don’t know what I’d take out. Maybe re-shoot the scene with Raquel from Monster Joe’s with a different actress playing Raquel. Everyone else in that scene is so great, but she just mangles all her lines. I don’t like her delivery, it doesn’t sound right for sme reason. Hard to say why, it rubs the wrong way, I guess.

[quote]I like all butch scenes. If I could re-shoot a scene in Pulp , I’d re-shoot the “girl you’ll be a woman” scene, and take  OUT that fucking song.[/quote]

Why would you do that dude?? That’s one of my favorite scenes in the movie!!

It’s hard to imagine that scene with a different song. What song would you choose?

“girl, your gonna overdose soon”… you got to think outside the box sometimes.