Volume 2 NEWS topic (articles, interviews...)

This topic is exclusively for all news regarding Volume 2.

Interviews, links, news, pictures, articles and so forth.

This topic is NOT for: volume 1 stuff, DVD stuff.

To begin with, two links:

Producer Lawrence Bender talks a little bit about volume 2:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/wee … 1203_p.htm”>http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/weeklystories/a/aa101203_p.htm</LINK_TEXT>

Daryl Hannah talks about her role in volume 2:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/wee … 2503_p.htm”>http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/weeklystories/a/aa102503_p.htm</LINK_TEXT>

thanx, my nigga! :smiley:

I see my articles were worthy enough to be posted :wink:

I’ve been searching a bit more for kill bill news but everybody is really hush hush about it: in most interviews with David Carradine he talks a lot but he actually says nothing about vol. 2. So we’ll just have to wait for something exclusive

(nobody made a transcript of the maxim at the movies vol2 article??)

In the second issue of “Maxim Movies” there were 5 pages dedicated to “Kill Bill”. Among the things we already know on Volume 1, there was also some interesting stuff on Volume 2…

ÂÂ

(MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS).

Smoking a cigarette on a balcony just a couple of doors down from Tarantino’s room, Thurman is as good-looking as she is elegant as she is tall…Indeed, it’s difficult to imagine any situation in which this woman’s world could possibly collide with, say, the hilariously infantile antics of Johhny Knoxville’s “Jackass” crew. Yet that’s exactly what happened when Tarantino, fresh from a viewing of “Jackass the Movie”, came to film Volume 2’s smack-down between Thurman’s character and a fellow hitwoman, Daryl Hannah’s Elle Driver.

“Oh, he just loves “Jackass”, Thurman recalls. Much to my chagrin”.

“The brutality was always there,” Tarantino says of the Thurman-Hannah fight. “But after seeing Jackass, I thought, you know, this could be grosser. I saw it in Texas, Austin, in a theater where you can drink beer as you’re watching it. I never laughed from beginning to end of a movie so hard as I did at that fucking thing”.

The resulting Kill Bill brawl, which apparently involves crotch kicking, flying snot, and heads being rammed into toilets, is far removed from the martial arts grace of Volume 2.

“The whole concept of these two towering Amazonian uber-blondes just going off on each other in a white-trash bitch fight just seemed so exciting”. Tarantino says, “Part of the fun of Kill Bill was bouncing other interesting physicialities off of Uma. You know, she fights an Asian girl, she fights a black woman. But her number one female nemesis is Elle Driver, and I wanted to come up with the right physiciality”…

…"There was this Japanese monster movie aspect to it, too, like Godzilla and Rodan: Uma Thurman vs. Daryl Hannah. Who will win? You know, I mean, I’d go see that! I had to emotinally top the House of Blue Leaves. It can’t top it as far as grandeur - so I had to do it not through finesse but through brutality. My only regret is, I wish I could have figured out a way in the story line for it to make sense that they could both take a pill and turn 60 feet tall…and then fight over Tokyo!"

Hannah is not the only person to feel the wrath of the Bride in Kill Bill’s second half. There is also the confrontation between the Bride and Michael Madsen’s alcoholic-but-still-deadly Budd, the filming of which, according to Thurman, found her “being dragged on, stepped on, stabbed in the ass with a needle, yanked off the back of a flatbed truck, and losing chunks of my hair in the process…”

…But the biggest difference bewteen the two films, both director and star agree, is that in Volume 2 the Bride is no longer hellbent just on vengeance but also on rescuing her daughter - who, we discovered in the closing moments of Volume 1, is still alive, from Bill’s evil clutches.

“The second one’s definetely deeper”, Thurman says. "Actually, I was joking with a friend that we should have called the first one “Kill” and the second one “Bill”. Ha-ha-ha! That’s all the first one really is: Kill, kill, kill, kill.

It is a view that many critics share, arguing that Tarantino perversely replaced his customary violence-meets-pop-culture-rich-dialogue with gore-infused chopsocky.

“Serious critics said, Look, I had a blasy watching Volume 1, but I wanted a little bit more depth,” says an unrepentant Tarantino. “And my attitude is, Well, you’ll get that on the second one, that’s for sure. But you know what? Volume 1 is the kung fu movie: It’s about 500 people going into a room to see this movie and blowing their fucking heads off”…

…Fans of the Bride shouldn’t hold their breath waiting for her return. “Certainly, if you’d ask me at the end of shooting I’d have said, Over my dead body!” says Thurman. Then again…“Whenever I’ve thought about the Bride, I’ve always thought about a trilogy in 10 year increments,” Tarantino says. “I want her to have some peace. But something happens every 10 years for her to pick up that sword. Now, do I think that we’ll get together in 10 years’ time and do it all over? Right now I can’t foresee, because this was sooo hard.”

“But have you heard the last of the Bride?”, muses Tarantino, grinning. “I’m sure you haven’t”. ÂÂ

I think its kindof retarded that Jackass is going to be an inspiration for Volume 2

what the hell is wrong with Jackass? Jackass is a funny show!

Thanks for the article, scarface  :wink:

well, I really don’t know how QT is going to take this Jackass thing. But judging from the article, he is necessarily taking the daft humour and ridicule of Jackass the movie, he’s merely taking the brutal and hard violence from it. So I think the fight won’t be ‘beautiful violence’ like the hobl fight was and kung fu in general imho; it will rather be hardcore in your face explicit shit: just 2 women fighting like bitches trying to kill each other in the most horrid way.

So it might work out great because then you will really feel the hate these 2 have for each other. Cause I don’t think Elle is really fond of the Bride at all…

The Elle Vs Bride trailer bitchfight is going to be totally destructive and no holds barred. The reason QTs using Jackass as a blueprint is because Jackass is all about exploitation, reckless destruction and just off the wall craziness. It sounds like its going to be like a Coffy style bitchfight only much more brutal and MESSY!

QT wants the audience to have a really great time with it. He said he loved Jackass and he was laughing and goin crazy thru the whole thing. Thats the kind of reactions he wants from this big fight. After all, this IS an EXPLOITATION film.

I love the part about Elle and The Bride fighting like Toho Monsters! haha!

Oh I just love the bichfight in coffy… I think it’s without doubt one of the best bichfight’s in film history and my own personal favorite. It’s not your typical pinch and slap girly fight they’re really going at it, it’s really brutal and yet sexy at the same time… the knifes in the afro is so fucking cool…

it gets me all exited again 2 think that it’ll have that kind of attitude and brutality 2 it…

[quote]The Elle Vs Bride trailer bitchfight is going to be totally destructive and no holds barred. The reason QTs using Jackass as a blueprint is because Jackass is all about exploitation, reckless destruction and just off the wall craziness. It sounds like its going to be like a Coffy style bitchfight only much more brutal and MESSY!

QT wants the audience to have a really great time with it. He said he loved Jackass and he was laughing and goin crazy thru the whole thing. Thats the kind of reactions he wants from this big fight. After all, this IS an EXPLOITATION film.

I love the part about Elle and The Bride fighting like Toho Monsters! haha!

[/quote]

That is what I hope.

The fight should be a real dirty bitch fight. Hopefully (I believe it) at the same high level like HOBL. #

O-Ren - Bride is a beautiful fight

Elle - Bride should be hard and dirty

the"thing" between Budd and Bride should make me scary (I hate little dark “rooms”.

dark little rooms? Sound pretty fucking good man from that vague description, cant wait for that shit. Vol 2 has kinda got me all psyched for Michael Madsen’s appearance especially.

i know its gonna be crazy and everything but i dont want QT to go overboard with the snot in people’s faces or it might get a little 2 nasty, i dont know maybe its just me

[quote]i know its gonna be crazy and everything but i dont want QT to go overboard with the snot in people’s faces or it might get a little 2 nasty, i dont know maybe its just me[/quote]

Nah, I think this fight is gonna be hella cool. The Bride vs. Vernita fight will look like an episode of "Tom & Jerry" compared to this one!

it sure looked fuckin cool in the teaser trailer with the two blondes kung-fuing each other

What is Michael Jai White’s character supposed to be about? All I know is that he fights Bill for a while.

he is in a flashback sequence. He’s in the first fight, the Bride has seen Kill Bill do. the first assassination or something.

I heard that the Volume 2 Trailer will be attached to the RETURN OF THE KING in theaters december 16

That’s GREAT NEWS! My brother is actually getting to see the Sneak Peak at a PRIVATE screening of RTK! How he managed that I don’t know. Though he’s in the Entertainment industry, he owns his own rock band and has gotten to know a few people. My brother’s URL.

http://www.3daymeatsale.com/

Anyway, I’ll give him a call and ask him about the trailer. He’s also a QT Fan. I’ll give him the URL to the site. He’d LOVE it!!

(@

AJCrane

Il Buono I thought you were a spaghetti western fan. You cant take a little snot throwing in a movie? Well I hope you like lots of snot, because The Blonde Gargantua BitchFight is going to be full of it! SNOT and other fluids! HAHAHAHAHA!! ÂÂ

I hope that fight is like the streetfight in They Live only longer, meaner and dirtier! :slight_smile:

does annyone know if they show trailers during one of those lord of the rings marathons. because If the vol.2 trailer comes I really want to see that shit! This is some good news.

[quote]Il Buono I thought you were a spaghetti western fan. You cant take a little snot throwing in a movie? Well I hope you like lots of snot, because The Blonde Gargantua BitchFight is going to be full of it! SNOT and other fluids! HAHAHAHAHA!! ÂÂ

quote]

Of course i can take some snot, i just dont want this to become Jackass 2. Wut u talkin bout anyway, i havent seen any spaghetti westerns w/ snot throwin

ROTK is my number 2 movie to see, so that will kick ass if they show Volume 2 trailer w/ it :slight_smile: