Please someone answer the 'midnight screening' q

ok. is there going to be any midnight screenings thursday night? i have to work all day friday and i realllly wanna see it. pppllleaaassseee someone help. thanks

This seems as good a place as any to post my rant.

Does anyone know of a place in Denver/Golden that is showing a midnight screening?

In addition, I have just found out that the theater (the new one) by my place isn’t going to be showing Kill Bill. I will go ahead on elaborate on the situation here in Colorado (for those of you out of the country). There are four movies being widely released this week.

1. Kill Bill ®
  2. Intolerable Cruelty (PG - 13)
  3. House of the Dead ®
  4. Good Boy (G)

Across the street from the new theater, with the good sound system and reliable projectors, is the older theater (still good, but with crappy sound). My concern was that the new theater would skip by Kill Bill and play Intolerable Cruelty instead. I would then REFUSE to see Kill Bill in the theater wiht crappy sound and would be forced to go all the way to Denver to see it in a good theater.

Well, much to my dismay, I was right. But… the new theater isn’t even showing Intolerable Cruelty (which I don’t think has a chance of making what Kill Bill will make, but will be close). Instead, it is just going to bring in ‘Good Boy’ (I hate kids movies so very very much). This total lack of business sense has prompted me to write them a letter, and I am thinking about protesting them (by not going to see a movie there again). I am furious.

I have to drive my happy ass all the way accross town to see a reasonable version of the movie I’ve waited 6 years for. not only that, but I have to explain to all of my patient friends why we’re not just going to the convenient (older theater).

Okay, I’m done. Thanks for letting me rant.

I was at the Intolerable Cruelty world premiere in Venice and I was sitrting not far from George Clooney.

I though the movie is 97% crap, I hate most of Cohen Brothers and George Clooney anyway, so I was expecting it be hyper crappy movie.

I just hope the people of america take George Clooney for what he is worth, that is nothing, crap.

HEre is blurry picture I took from the George Clooney and Catherina Zeta Jones premiere:

[quote]I was at the Intolerable Cruelty world premiere in Venice and I was sitrting not far from George Clooney.

I though the movie is 97% crap, I hate most of Cohen Brothers and George Clooney anyway, so I was expecting it be hyper crappy movie.

I just hope the people of america take George Clooney for what he is worth, that is nothing, crap.

HEre is blurry picture I took from the George Clooney and Catherina Zeta Jones premiere:

[/quote]
I love the Coen Brothers but Intolerable Cruelty looks very un-coens like.

Bah, I’ll have to wait till its on Kazaa

I agree that it looks very un-coen like but i’m sure it will be fun. I LOVE all of the Coen brother movies so i’m sure I wil enjoy this one.

How about The Hudsucker Proxy?

What I remember of it when I saw it 2 years ago is that it’s a great piece of irritating crap. The absolute opposite of what I can support, a bit like Brazil I think. So here what I wrote about Cohen 2 years ago:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0110074/usercomments-63

And imagine un-maken-up George Clooney 2 hours making huge grimaces at you, and Imagine Catherina Zeta Jones crying on the screen, and imagine nothing else than that for 2 hours. No jokes, nothing is interesting. The worst piece of crap movie I have seen, even worse than Hudsucker Proxy.

And Fargo nor Lebowski are any kind of cinematic work of any kind. (The Man Who Wasn’t there is black and white anyway)

The Coens are great, but they seem to have gone mainstream with this movie. From the trailers and previews, it looks more like a typical shitty Julia Roberts movie like “Runaway Bride”.

[quote]
And Fargo nor Lebowski are any kind of cinematic work of any kind. (The Man Who Wasn’t there is black and white anyway)[/quote]
I havent seen Hudsuckers Proxy yet, as I heard it wasnt that good.

But dude, dont insult Fargo or the Big Lebowski. Fargo is one of the best of the 90’s, man. and Lebowski rocks.

Even though I thought it was great, I can understand why someone may not like “The man who Wasn’t there”, but not because it was in black and white!

Amen to that, bro. Fargo and Lebowski are fantastic. Lebowski and O Brother, where Art Thou? are both probably in my top ten of all time.

A movie being black and white doesn’t make it bad. I really liked the Man Who Wasn’t There.

In fact, I haven’t seen a Coen Brothers movie I haven’t liked. Although, I bet Intolerable Cruelty will be on the list.

I must be the only one here who liked Hudsucker. I took it for what it is: an homage to Frank Capra.

It did a far better job of re-interpreting “Mr. Deeds Comes to Town” for modern audiences than that god-awful Adam Sandler vehicle “Mr. Deeds”.

The Coen Brothers rule!!! Ok yea The Hudsucker Proxy is probably the worst film they ever did but that still makes it a dame good film and I personally had a lot of fun with it (and I totally agree on the whole Capra homage thing). the coen’s have on a regular basic the most: imaginative/creative, twisted plotted and fun movies on the biz today

their characters are nothing less then amazing (I always thought that tarantino has the dialog going for him and with the coens it’s the characters…). they have a wonderful and unique style of their own, I adore them…:slight_smile: I 2 have been hearing this roomer that with their latest flick ,“Intolerable Crueltyâ€?, they chose 2 go more mainstream and so cal “abandonedâ€? their unique style and thus making it a lesser coen film… I guess we’ll just have to wait and see, however after reading the positive review harry knowles, from down at ain’t it cool news, gave it I’m still optimistic

The Coen Bros rule beyond words. If you don’t like them, that is cool, but there is no way that (personal feelings aside) anyone should be able to their films as crap. Brilliant stuff.

I enjoyed the Hudsucker Proxy.  Anything with Tim Robbins and Bruce Campbell in it is okay with me!  ;D

The only Coen brother movie I didn’t like very much was The Man Who Wasn’t There.  And NOT because it was in black and white.

The only Cohen brothers movie I like a little is The Man Who Wasn’t There. For it’s interesting suspence in nearly surreal dark moments…

Anyway, the people I know who praise Cohen Brothers are the same I think are stupid people… And last I saw Lebowski I though it was nothing I need to remember.

I guess I could watch Fargo and Lebowski again, just to better be able to argument why Cohen is bullshit. Oh and how bout Raising Arizona. I saw this movie couple years ago, it’s one of those that made me feel so bad and I think I remember it to be so much not funny.

The thing is I cannot remember any Cohen movie, that’s how bad they are. Even Intolerable Crapilty which I saw begining of September in Venice. Does Harry aintitcool.com like it? I hope not!!

Would u guys (especially Charbax) stop with those idiotic statements… ok u don’t like the Coen’s, that’s your problem, but don’t go and call them and their movies “bullshitâ€?.. I mean criticism is cool but u guys just shit all over them… like them or not show some respect or at least some sensitivity, u know many of us adore them (including me) and it just pisses me of(as I’m sure it does 2 others as well) 2 see u talk like this…

“Anyway, the people I know who praise Cohen Brothers are the same I think are stupid people�

what exactly are u trying 2 say in this English broken statement?

Some people find their movies original, interesting and intelligent u obviously don’t, and that’s cool there’s no need for those immature name calling…

I have a question for charbox: Are you even reading anyone else’s posts? Because if you were, then your responses might make sense and you would realize that you’ve spelled COEN wrong on all of your posts.

I really liked the Big Lebowski. I didn’t really like blood simple, but it was ok. I actually haven’t seen any of their other movies, but my friend just bought Fargo and i’m gonna watch it soon. If i like it I’ll watch their others. I really want to see Fargo, The Man Who Wasn’t There, the one with Bruce Campbell (Can’t remember the name) and O brother Where art thou.

[quote]I have a question for charbox: Are you even reading anyone else’s posts? Because if you were, then your responses might make sense and you would realize that you’ve spelled COEN wrong on all of your posts.

I really liked the Big Lebowski. I didn’t really like blood simple, but it was ok. I actually haven’t seen any of their other movies, but my friend just bought Fargo and i’m gonna watch it soon. If i like it I’ll watch their others. I really want to see Fargo, The Man Who Wasn’t There, the one with Bruce Campbell (Can’t remember the name) and O brother Where art thou. [/quote]
Fargo is great

Buscemi rocks

Even if the Coen Brothers are not your cup of tea. You can’t say Fargo is crap. That’s one of the best films of the 90s. It’s a masterpiece. And I think George Clooney is a great actor. Out of Sight, Ocean’s Eleven, FDTD, and O Brother Where Art Thou are all great performances and I’m sure I’m leaving a couple out. I’ll agree the ads for Intolerable Cruelty look very un-Coen but don’t judge a movie till you’ve seen it.

> I’ll agree the ads for Intolerable Cruelty look

very un-Coen but don’t judge a movie till

you’ve seen it.

I saw it, and I saw how the girl staff were fighting to be the one standing closest to George Clooney when he would walk in the cinema at the premiere. That was fatanstic! The girls were running and falling while running up the stairs, and one girls was bleeding on her hand cause she had fallen on some stick, but she won, she got to stand during the whole movie looking at george clooney.

Ok so I seen the movie, and I remember I saw Oh Brother where are You, and dammit I just remember how much bullshit I though that movie was too! It’s so much not original music and so much not funny… But whatever, I don’t want to try argument too much about Cohen being not good, as I cannot remember any of their movies.

MIDNIGHT SCREENING:

Chinese Theater

Hollywood

12:45 AM

Be there. Member “clumsyandawkward” will be the really tall guy with long blondish hair if ya wanna say hi to him.