Voice Overs in Bootleg Trailers

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas who was doing the voiceovers in the trailers. In Bootleg # 1 it sounds like a black guy, but I couldn’t pinpoint any particular actor’s name… could be just a regular voiceover performer, but I thought it might be somebody we recognize.

In Bootleg # 2 when the guy starts reciting Hanzo’s speech… " Revenge is never a straight line…" I thought it sounded like a bit like Mako (the dude who narrates the movie CONAN THE BARBARIAN… "Let me tell you of the days of high adventure…"

Mako is Japanese just like Hanzo, so I thought that it might be him… what do you think. Is it just for the trailer, or will it appear in the movie too?

the guy in #1 is the black guy fighting Bill in the widescreen picture( I believe), as it sounded like the voice of Spawn, which he played. (anyone feel free to correct me)

No idea bout #2

Number two, the guy doing the voice over is Sonny Chiba.

Michael Jai White and Quentin do the voice overs.

Quentin? in what trailer, you nut

Quentin? no way.

it sounds nothing like QT

Ok maybe yer right. I know Quentin does the voice of Pai Mei and I thought it was Pai who said that “Revenge is never a straight line…” shit. But I’m right about Michael Jai White.

“Revenge is never a straight line…” is spoken by Hanzo as I mentioned earlier… However, there’s no way that Sonny Chiba is speaking those lines. If you listen to the second trailer and hear Sonny say in English “Those must be big rats.” and compare it to the later narration, you will hear for sure that they sound nothing alike. So the question is: who does the Hanzo English narration? My first thought was Japanese-American actor Mako… but I’m not too sure. Can anyone else help me out with some probable guesses?

-Jeff

See that’s why I thought it was Pai Mei saying that. When I first heard it I thought it was Quentin disguising his voice. Maybe they changed the script around??? Seriously, listen to it closely and it totally sounds like Quentin.

[quote]“Revenge is never a straight line…”  is spoken by Hanzo as I mentioned earlier…   However, there’s no way that Sonny Chiba is speaking those lines.  If you listen to the second trailer and hear Sonny say in English “Those must be big rats.” and compare it to the later narration, you will hear for sure that they sound nothing alike.  So the question is:  who does the Hanzo English narration?  My first thought was Japanese-American actor Mako…  but I’m not too sure.  Can anyone else help me out with some probable guesses?

-Jeff [/quote]

If you remember in the script…the “Sushi Bar” guy has this bullshit accent. In the script he is fluent in both Japanese (obviously) and English. As is Sonny Chiba. The Sushi Bar thing is just a cover up for Hanzo’s past.

[quote]See that’s why I thought it was Pai Mei saying that. When I first heard it I thought it was Quentin disguising his voice. Maybe they changed the script around??? Seriously, listen to it closely and it totally sounds like Quentin. [/quote]

And no, it sounds NOTHING like Quentin…

Relax there guy. Everythings gonna be okay.

He just said it sounds nothing like quentin, which is true. :’(

[quote]Relax there guy. Everythings gonna be okay. [/quote]

When did I say I was uptight? I perfectly content. I just can’t imagine how much shit someone has to have in their ear to think that sounds like Quentin Tarantino. His voice is too distinctive. And it doesn’t make sense that he would be reading Hattori Hanzo’s lines when Sonny Chiba is perfectly capable of doing that himself.

Don’t be a fuckin loser, I was kiddn around. Geezus man don’t be so uptight.