Kill Bill: Final Draft

Sorry if I got anyone’s hopes up. No I don’t have the final draft. But…I wouldn’t be surprised if someone out there does.

Anyway…anyone think that QT might release the final draft online once the movie has come out, maybe the day of or a month after the release?

My humble opinion is that he most definitely will release it, or another “Robert”. But when?

I wish I knew… but I guess this is for the best. I read it and I know what the film is about, but till it comes out I’ll forget most of it and see the added scenes

which makes it a complete new ride for me.

It will be fun.

From what I’m reading in Harry’s set reports, the final draft doesn’t yet exist cause there are production rewrites occuring everyday. And once the film is in the can, it will go through various cuts. When the movie is locked, they’ll probably publish a final draft but it sounds like the movie is still being written.

The 222 page draft we have will surely NOT be published in a paperback because Miramax knows that already too many people own it. Bad for business.

I think they’ll release a draft very near to the Shooting draft or even the shooting draft itself once the movie had some success at the box-office.

if quentin writes some stuff everyday, probably on rough paper-pieces in his pant-pockets… we won’t get it too soon, and lets not forget, HE WANTED US to read the EARLY thing, I guess he won’t let the final thing leak out. I know that.

Seb, how do you know he wanted us to read the 222 draft?

it’s obvious.

1. he knew it would leak out once he gave it to friends and colleagues and crew members.

2. he didn’t bother with it leaking out.

3. he changes the script totally away from the 222 page thing.

4. he is amused about Harry’s desire to get the new one.

the whole thing looks to me like this was “more or less” intended. like QT is playing with us. and i like that

When Harry interviewed QT before last years QT Fest, QT himself stated he knew the script was going to be on the internet. Then he gave the script to Harry during the QT Fest. Then later on we find out that the script has been cut down to 202 pages. Then Harry reports from the set there are extra scenes (Pai Mei and Elle, The Bill/Bride Campfire scene, Bills “Superman” Monologue) added and an extra chapter (Massacre at Two Pines) added.

Why would QT give out his final draft of the script for one of his best films if he knows half the world is gonna read it? Hes not gonna want the actual film to be known by the whole world before its even out.

The 222 page script might just be the basis of his novel too.

I still don’t get why QT wanted to leak it? IMO, he didn’t want people reading it but knew it was inevitable once it was time to start filming, that some dishonest office p.a.'s would steal a copy.

[quote]I still don’t get why QT wanted to leak it?  IMO, he didn’t want people reading it but knew it was inevitable once it was time to start filming, that some dishonest office p.a.'s would steal a copy.  [/quote]

exactly that! because he knew it was inevitable, he at least wanted us to not read the final thing so he thought, what the hell, lets give 'em the first draft.

[quote]

exactly that! because he knew it was inevitable, he at least wanted us to not read the final thing so he thought, what the hell, lets give 'em the first draft.[/quote]

Whats stopping anyone from stealing a copy of the finshed draft now?

I really don’t think QT wanted to let us read Kill Bill. I called Harry once and asked him where on the net I can find it and he said he couldn’t tell me. I asked him why and he said cause he promised a friend.

QT must’ve known that by making the script available to some people on the production team that he didn’t know, would create more of a risk but I really don’t think he intended it for us to read it. Why would he want us to know about those details in the script before watching the movie. If you ask me, this was done without his approval. Oh sure, he knew its hard to contain his script but I bet he had different drafts that differed very slightly in the phrasing of a sentence in an unnoticable part of the script so he can fire those responsible. QT did not want the script to leak. Why would he want us to know about Beatrix Kiddo!

Wow, I never thought of Miramax releasing the script. I hope that if they do that once Kill Bill is a sucess, that they release it like the first edition of Pulp Fiction (which was the actual script format and font)

I agree, Mike. Tarantino is still a bit of a luddite; I think he drastically underestimates the internet’s ability to mass-distribute such things. Going to Drew’s script-o-rama or to my website is hardly a visit to the Black Market. The sheer accessibility of supposedly “top secret” information is what makes the web such a powerful and dangerous place.

That said, I still haven’t heard from the Unit Publicist threatening me with legal action, so who knows? Perhaps the Miramax folks have conceded defeat and are just letting the early draft circulate as it inevitably will.

they can’t stop the circulation now. if only 1 person has it, its too late.