Script changes

Well Quentin Tarantino fooled us all. He WANTED the first draft to leak out because its not at all what we will see.

okay here we go, major changes we already know:

• YUKIS REVENGE IS OUT

• MASSACRE AT TWO PINES is IN, which is the church sequence

• there’s a campfire sequence sometime during the Jeep-ride to the Temple

• there’s a superman monologue sometime during the end

• There is NO GAMBLING scene

• There are loads of minor changes

I, for one, am glad that YUKI’S REVENGE has been excised from the script. Putting guns in what’s essentially a samurai-action flick just seems… desultory. Remember in SEVEN SAMURAI, how cool the sword action was? And then the bandits broke out their rifles and many of those seven died undeserving deaths.

I want to see The Bride despatch all of those 33 people with her Hanzo sword. “A gun’s for show, a knife’s for a pro.” Or a sword, for that matter.

Im glad that we dont know everything thats gonna be in the final film. That way all of us, even Harry will have some ass kicking surprises to look forward to. :slight_smile:

Harry says: "Quentin then mawkishly looks at me and says, “Oh yeah, that’s another new thing that isn’t in your version of the script!” ÂÂ

That means QT knows we are all here thinking we are the shit for reading the script and in the meantime he knows we really dont know shit about it. lol.

The campfire scene with Bill telling The Bride about Pai Mei sounds totally “Kwai Chang Caine” thats awesome. I still hope QT puts in the Shaw Bros kung fu film clips with Pai Mei in them. Thats one of the coolest parts of the movie. Plus, for people who dont know who Pai Mei is, it introduces the Shaw Bros films to them as well as Pai Mei as a character.

"He (David) looked me dead in the eye and says that the SUPERMAN monologue is one of those just ingenious trademark brilliant Quentin monologues that he’s famous for."

Thats too cool for words. I cant wait to hear it.

"The richness of these colors are striking, but the best stuff from these tiny micro glimpses were the shots from the O-Ren Ishii vs The Bride sequence. Like some sort of Kunesada painting, it is simply one of, if not the most beautiful, poetic and awesome sets I’ve ever seen for a samurai battle. Add to that the contrast of O-Ren’s pure white gown/samurai outfit and the bloody, ripped GAME OF DEATH outfit of the Bride."

Damn you Harry! You lucky son of a biotch!

Yukis Revenge, I knew there was something about it that didnt fit, it was the guns!

Yeah I agree, Kill Bill should be purely swords and nothing else. Maybe a knife or two but no guns.

I’m gonna miss Yuki’s Revenge. Especially Bonnie. Can’t wait for KILL BILL REDUX

if there are no guns then what is the whole point in the scene where she digs them all up?

If I remember rightly The Bride also uses a gun when she raids Bill’s place in the last chapter. However, that’s in our script, which we know to be misleading.

I’m sure glad I never bothered to write the comparison between the 202 and 222 page versions now!

[quote]if there are no guns then what is the whole point in the scene where she digs them all up?[/quote]

Errr... as an insurance policy?

If she discovers that the Crazy 88s are all packing some serious heat, she ain't gonna be fighting them with a pigsticker, is she?

[quote]if there are no guns then what is the whole point in the scene where she digs them all up?[/quote]

Just because she digs all the stuff up doesnt mean shes gonna actually use it. Its all her stuff from her assassin days. I think thats another joke QT is playing on the audience. Everyones gonna go : Oooh Ahhh, look at all the stuff shes gonna use to blow stuff up and shoot people. Its pure QT, she has this huge arsenal of guns and whatnot, but she doesnt use any of it.

For her revenge she chooses to use the samurai sword because it represents a certain code of honor. Shes out for bloody revenge but shes also going to do it by using her body and her fighting skills.

She does use a shotgun at the end of the film, but thats it.

[quote]

She does use a shotgun at the end of the film, but thats it.  [/quote]

at least thats what OUR version of the script sais. who knows how much quentin changed everything.

[quote]

at least thats what OUR version of the script sais. who knows how much quentin changed everything.
[/quote]

Yeah your right about that.

What I really wanna know is what the film will actually look like. What other film will it resemble. Scope wise etc. Im hoping QT makes it like a mix of Brian DePalma/Sergio Leone/Shaw Bros/Lucio Fulci films all mixed into one. That would be awesomely cool.

[quote]I’m gonna miss Yuki’s Revenge.  Especially Bonnie.  Can’t wait for KILL BILL REDUX[/quote]

QT already said hes not shooting it.

Do we know officially that our draft is an earlier draft? Or is our draft actually the final draft and QT is just making these changes in-production (which does happen often)?

it’s definitely not the shooting-draft. it’s the draft Harry Knowles got from Quentin at QT5. its a very early draft obviously.

Speaking of the look of Kill Bill, what do you guys think this movie will change the way other action movies look or are, say like XXX or anything similar. Cause we all know what happened when Pulp Fiction came out.

I guarantee there will be a HUGE surge of …sigh… quote- unquote: exploitation movies if its a hit. We all remember all those brilliant knock-offs of Reservoir Dogs style straight-to-video-flicks that choked the video stores. Fuck it, all I care if this re-ignites the samurai genre.

The thing thats funny about exploitation films is, most of them were low budget and many werent very good movies. So if people start making them theyll just bomb anyway. The studios will be put out of business. QT is the only director working today that could do a film like Kill Bill, because hes an expert on Exploitation films and every other kind as well.